It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hillary Myth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

It may be just a wee bit early to say that Hillary Clinton has blown her chance at the Democratic presidential nomination, but it’s not too late to address the exploding amazement of the political pundit class over the ineptness of her campaign. Rarely has a storyline been, in such equal parts, so dominant and fun to read.

How did the Clinton people manage to run such an embarrassingly bad campaign? Inquiring minds want to know.

But it’s really not that hard to figure out. In truth, they had nothing to work with – a problem that was only exacerbated by the fact that they were so thoroughly convinced of the opposite.

Link

As Taps sounds forlornly in the distance, Hillary just fades away.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Your source is very partisan. Hillary has run a very strong campaign and received many, many votes. The fact that Obama is so popular and has run an equally strong campaign doesn't make Hillary a flop. It only means Obama is an awesome contender.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The reason Hilary's campaign has faltered....in a word...Penn! Mark Penn has based Hilary's campaign on the "coronation" factor and did not plan for any of the States after the February 5th primaries.

Penn was also responsible for the first salvo of "Barack did coc aine" that led her campaign to be perceived as taking on a negative tone against, a candidate whose message was one of hope.

Bill Clinton Has not been as helpful to Hilary as anticipated and he looks worn and mean on the stump.

Outside of that ....she has run a good campaign

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
Your source is very partisan. Hillary has run a very strong campaign and received many, many votes. The fact that Obama is so popular and has run an equally strong campaign doesn't make Hillary a flop. It only means Obama is an awesome contender.

Well said. Sen. Clinton and Sen Obama are basically running neck-to-neck. In fact this years Democratic fight for the party nomination is a perfect example of two STRONG candidates running against one another. Sure the Clinton camp has made some mistakes, but their performance is no where near

an embarrassingly bad campaign

In fact it is MHO that the person who wrote that article is the one whose performance is bordering on "embarrassingly bad". Sure it is fun, and common, to pick on the other side, still it only makes sense to employ REALITY when you do it.

My response to this is quite simple, the Republican Machine is underhandedly trying to tear down both Obama and Clinton. By equating Clinton's campaign to "embarrassingly bad" means that who ever wins looks not so good. If it is Obama, then "he was barely able to beat poor Hilary's Campaign", if it is Clinton who wins, well they have been bashing her in preparation for the presidential run for years so you don't need me to fill in that blank.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
No, Hillary's lost.

She's in it now for the pot shots to weaken. She's playing ROVE.

She want's him to lose so she can run again, kinda like every single Republican in America that wants McCain to lose so a real one can run in 4 years.

I say we disappoint them ALL.

Vote Hussein (whatever his name is that makes RUSH take it out and breathe heavy like a damn heroin addict on the Excellence Broad-Casting Network) Obama.

I don't care where the guy with purple ears stands on anything, but if I can piss the Clintons and entire Republican party off with one vote, I win.

Go half-black guy.

top topics

join