It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bronze Medallion...Religious? Sinister?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I believe its a Knights Templar Medallion

Many of the Masonic Medallions have one or more masonic signs incorporated in them. And your does not.

There is some crossover between the two that makes it very hard to tell for sure but the marking on it push me to this being a Knights Templar Medallion.

If you could get a metal analysis to date when the bronze was cast it might tell more.
The metal analysis can be done if you can find someone with a Handheld and mobile Thermo Scientific portable XRF analyzers. Some larger scrap metal yards have these and many would charge you little to give you a reading
Some might even do it for free just because they would be interested in what you found.
www.niton.com...

The interesting thing about bronze is with metal analysis you can tell a lot about age and country of origin.

You can also tell sometimes if counterfeit artifacts that were claimed to have been made 100 of years ago were made since the 1950s because of trace amounts of radioactive fallout from nuclear bomb testing.
This has caught a number of people selling fake Chinese or european bronze artifacts.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

I bought on online through an antique dealer. Curious where it began.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join