It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you eat meat?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Almost anything that move and isnt human is edible in some way shape or form. You call that an animal, I call that dinner. I guess you can call it semantics, haha.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
Almost anything that move and isnt human is edible in some way shape or form.

Well, technically, it's more anything that moves is edible in some way shape or form, but I know what you mean.

As far as my feelings on meat eating, it's good, it's how nature intended it, we're omnivores. Now battery hens, etc, no, that is wrong but what I find stranger is people who protest at hunting, say, deer, pheasants, or other game. That makes no sense to me, the deer/pheasant etc gets to be free it's entire life until someone shoots it. As opposed to life in a shed, so thats my opinion.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Mmmmm meat!! arggghhhh..

I'd grill anything that couldn't hold a coherent conversation,ride a motorbike or change a plug

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Meat good. Sorry to say it. But it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
i just marinated some thick ribeyes right before reading this!
I cant wait to slam them on the grill tomorrow...mmmm!

If we did'nt eat meat, we would have way too many animals running around!

Believe me even, if your vegan, you still eat something that once lived, including bugs, in the living plants!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I don't eat meat.

I've been vegetarian for about 4 months now (maybe more?) and although I admit I miss the taste and convenience of some things like Quarter Pounders at McDonalds here, otherwise it's been great.

Besides those things are terrible for you even if you do eat meat!

I can't stand the cruelty and there's always the argument that growing crops for animals is wasteful, since you can feed more people the crops than you can the meat anyway. This is becoming particularly important thanks to global warming and population increases.

I'm glad some other people stopped eating it, it's daunting taking on a cause like this. Everyone is far too accepting of meat at the table and the companies who push meat eating still have a great image so everyone thinks you're nuts talking about them being cruel.

Then there's always those who will argue about eating meat being 'natural'... Oh god, don't get me started on what is natural or not.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I try to stay away from meat as much as possible but I do enjoy it every now and then. Eating meat's not evil like so many people think, but I do agree that a lot of animals die unneccasarilly.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues

...All this meat talk is makng me hungry...nice tat!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I don't eat meat.

I've been on a vegetarian diet for about a year now and it's going great with my weight lifting. I stopped eating meat not because I love animals, but because of health reasons. My family has a history of high cholesterol and high blood pressure, so yeah.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join