It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you eat meat?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I refuse to buy into the mass production of meats, I know one person like myself cannot stop it from happening, but I won't be a part of the suffering from begining to end that the animals must endure. I already had strong feelings about it, recently the recall of 150 million lbs of beef due to animal abuse and sick cows being served up to our schools, I decided to watch that movie Fast Food Nation, and I was so upset by the end to the movie, I wept like I just just lost a family member! I can never look at McDonald's as the "Happy' place again, and badabababa, I am NOT loving it! It is sickening that America is not told of the sickness, abuse, the mishandling of the product, ect. God! I wish America would get back to growing their own foods, staying home with the kids instead of letting babysitters and video games do the work, make family and family structure the most important thing in your life, not material possesions! People have forgotten what is really important, love, family, good memories, time that cannot ever be replaced is passing us by.

[Mod edit: Please see The use of All Caps Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 2/3/08 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I think this shouldn't go in the conspiracies in religion part. Maybe health or something.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I do apologize, I just figured out that I posted this in the wrong area, next time I will appropriatly put my threads where they belong, I am still a newbie!

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ambushrocks

Ambush, is there a way to move it?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
You're entitled to your oppion, not matter how surface and shallow it might be. Not insulting you personally, but have you ever stopped to think about what you're talking about.

We're living on a small rock in space. We've managed to stuff 6.5 BILLION with a B people on it.

There's no argument that this planet is over polpulated with people.

Those near 7 billion, people are HUNGRY slobs. They want to take thier wives out for a nice steak dinner so they can go back and overpopulate the world some more.

How many kids did you have?

People like Meat! Some scientific studies strongly sudgest the reason we stopped hanging out in trees and started living in cities is because of the extra protean in our diets.

And where have we gotten with all that? 6.5 and growing.

If we were to let all the happy cows and chickens free range, there wouldn't be as much land to put the farms that we need to grow the food for the cows and the chickens.

Let alone YOU WOULDN'T be able to aford to feed you children.

Oh, but that little televison show showed you cruelty to chickens and cows. Maybe where we need to start serving up a super sized deep fried sense of cruelty is to the people that can only state what they percieve is wrong with the world without offering any ideas of how to fix THE PROBLEM.

Ding! Fries are Done!

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Don't worry about it. Usually the mods move it to the right area of the board and you will get a note saying where it went. I don't think the author himself can move it.

And since you are a newbie... Welcome here! I hope you'll enjoy

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I eat meat at least 5 times a week. I agree that the the way animals are slaughtered is horrendous, but what do you suggest they do?

The recall of the 150 million lbs of beef is a pretty hefty recall.

When you think about it, there really is no humane way to kill an animal. I think the biggest problem with fast food meat isn't the way the animals are slaughtered, but the substances they put in the meat and the way they prepare it for consumption is really what bothers me about fast food.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RandomThought

What do you suggest "they" do? If you're aware and disagree in which the animal is killed, it's not what "they do," but what you do to stop contributing to it.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I was vegetarian for a long time and now I've moved onto veganism. Now there's no turning back. I feel strongly about this, as most vegetarians or vegans do, though, I tend to reserve my passion for the proper moment or find a way to redirect it into a constructive manner.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ambushrocks
I think this shouldn't go in the conspiracies in religion part. Maybe health or something.

Well I suppose it could if taken on this slant:

In some judaic circles it is believed that before the flood man was vegetarian.
And after the flood (which genesis states) they were given permission to eat food.

So was this a cool God given them freedom and some good advice?
Or was it those jealous gods?

Note this...after the flood when man was given permission to eat meat the life expectancy went down dramatically. So that sounds a bit of a conspiracy to me.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
I tend to reserve my passion for the proper moment or find a way to redirect it into a constructive manner.

I wish I knew how you did that. When people stop killing and eating my friends I guess I will stop lashing out. As for the OP, no I damn well don't eat meat.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

FIVE REASONS TO EAT MEAT:
1) It tastes good
2) It makes you feel good
3) It's a great American tradition
4) It supports the nation's farmers
5) Your parents did it

Oh, sorry ... those are five reasons to smoke cigarettes. Meat is more complicated.

Should we all be vegetarians

I thought that was pretty fuuny.

I am a carnivore. People are different. Some people get sick from a vegeatrian diet. I wouldn't like it...

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
When people come to you with a question and you throw a punch... They stop asking questions and throw punches back.

Metaphorically speaking..

[edit on 2-3-2008 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

You're absolutely right with this statement. I personally do eat meat but I have a friend that is a vegetarian. She never ever tries to ram her beliefs down anyone's throat. Rather she will quietly slip comments in now and again. Things like "Oh you're having lasagna...I have an awesome lasagna recipe made with portabello mushrooms, would you like to try it sometimes?" Something along those lines.

I haven't actually stopped eating meat, or serving it to my family, but several days a week we will use one of the many recipes she's given me.
It's a start..albeit a slow one, but I think it's totally plausible that I may cross over the meat-eating/vegetarian line one of these days and never look back.

It's all about tact, sublety and how you approach someone with your ideas that gets people over to your side.

Michelle

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Do you eat meat?

Yes I do.

cow meat
pig meat
fish meat
sheep meat
rabbit meat
chicken meat
game bird meat
snake meat
kangaroo meat
ostrich meat
dog meat (probably)
rat meat
frog meat
crocodile meat

I'm sure if probably missed a few.

and if it was a survival issue I'd have no issues in eating you!

I eat a lot less meat now than I used to. and the way the some animals are treated is not good, but it's very unlikely to ever stop. It tastes far too good.

The food chain, the circle of life... It is what it is.

MonKey

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michelle129
It's all about tact, sublety and how you approach someone with your ideas that gets people over to your side.

When I went vego like 9 years ago, it wasn't because someone subtly suggested recipes.

It was cos someone I respected bluntly slammed me, "Well look at what you do for food you ##
##, your ethics are no better than these NWO people you are complaining about". That was enough to cut through all the hollow arguments I was clinging to but I guess some people require more than the blindingly obvious truth to wake up.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Yes, I eat meat. We buy local clean beef and organic grass-fed buffalo. We were vegetarians for several years and never felt quite healthy. I agree that the inhumane way animals are kept and slaughtered is atrocious and I want no part of that, so we have found a way to avoid supporting that market and still eat meat.

I don't have any interest in convincing other people to change the way they eat or consume. We all do what we need to do.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

Not everybody is the same, Shar. I'm a pretty direct person, though I'm not one to tell another how to live their life. If they're interested, I'll put them on blast, but other than that... I'll let them do what they want. And those who flaunt it just look like complete idiots to the learned man.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I say I eat meat AT LEAST once a day. I am a straight carnivore. I don't ever eat lettuce unless its on a cheeseburger. Fish/turkey/chicken are your low fat meats (I consider fish meat so
.) then I have beef as my high in fat meat. I don't eat pork at all. I can't stand the way any of it tastes, no matter how its made.

I eat beef probably 3 times a week at least, turkey or chicken everyday, fish when I have the money for it or catch it, and Ill have some carb products like bread or pizza when Im really craving it.

I do hit things like milk/orange juice/ certain kinds of cerial/ and even carrots. Aside from carrots, I don't really cross the line. Carrots are good though.

I think your diet has ALOT to do with how healthy you are in life and how built you become. Im always going to be a big guy so long as I stay on this diet line. And I personally think I will always be healthiest with this diet. I started it my freshman year of highschool and I haven't even had a cold since. Even when alot of people around me got sick, I got nothing more than alittle bit of coughing for the day. By the next day it was gone.

I contribute that to my diet and exercise. So I can't EVER see myself switching diets, not in the slightest.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
People have forgotten what is really important, love, family, good memories, time that cannot ever be replaced is passing us by.

LOL, How so? I could go for McDonald's once every two or three weeks... heck I've even had it twice a week before

What does that have to do with love, my family, my good memories and time?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join