It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US christens '9/11 steel' warship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

US christens '9/11 steel' warship

news.bbc.co.uk

Thousands of people have gathered in Louisiana for the christening of a US warship built partly from steel salvaged from the World Trade Center.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Im going to go look into this, but wasnt there some big hoopla about the steel from the trade towers being destroyed or something?
where does this steel on the ship come from? Im guessing steel that wasn\'t part of the steel they were talking about investigating which had been disposed of.
cool idea though nonetheless.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Im not too sure of any source so you decide, but here is what I found on the recycling of the trade towers steel.
after going through this, I suppose it could have been recycled then sold to the makers of the ship.
www.sourcewatch.org...

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
hmmm, I seem to recall an airline that replaced certain parts of their planes with parts salvaged from crash sites, then some really out there things started to happen, wierd things like hostesses being asked by a passenger dressed as a pilot to please check on something in the galley, when they returned the passenger had dissapeared,like a gohst or something! after a series of wierd stuff, the airline replaced the replaced parts,introduced a policy of not doing that any more, and the weird stuff stopped!
Not toooo off topic, but just wandering if strange stuff might start to happen on this ship

I just don't think it's a good idea!

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by skribal

thats crazy, im surprised they dont try and sell some of it to the public as souvenirs.

they should have interrogated the ghost on details of the hijacking. if it had any details, that would kill two birds with one stone! unless ghosts spread disinfo as well!

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I thought w eshipped all the steel to china for recycling did we not?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by skribal

There have been many cases of that with other crashes, with other airlines.
Very interesting... Perhaps worthy of a topic?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Yes.., the example I gave is actually a true story and the ghost pilot was seen by a number of hostesses. The ghost kept refering them to the galley to check on something , I cant remember what , but one of the crashes was caused by an electrical fault of some kind, in the galley!!
Also I distinctly recall stories about shipwelders, who ended up basicaly welded into their own ships and left behind! and appaertly they (their ghosts) were causing quite a stir!
I've read lots of stuff like that before, and this site is a great place to gather it all together (actually, ATS is the only site in the whole world to me!!)

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOmaskedman

I was talking to my old man on the phone the other night, hes a mad train buff
and he was rattling off facts and figures on the american rail network, which is I have to say, impressive, very. Anyway he was talking about the import line, meaning the enormous trains coming from the ports carring imported goods across america, I'm pretty sure he said nine thousand shipping containers a day.Which is a lot of imports!
He also mentioned that there was huge stockpiles of shipping containers piling ip like metal mountains, because the cost of brining them back to the ports empty is prohibitive. And it was far cheaper for china just to keep making them!
I'm in australia,where we have massive amounts of steel, we sell it in bulk ore to china then buy it back as processed steel, at god knows the cost?
why we don't process our own steel is beyond me, why doesn't America?

top topics

join