It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's new anti anti-missile intercontinental missile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Russia is planning to build an anti-anti-missile intercontinental missile. It suppose to be able to go in a zig-zag path so while being able to hit a target with great precision anywhere around the world!
Link

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Just released today:

"Russian air defense in deplorable state"
www.russiajournal.com...

Excerpt:

"Russia�s air defense is in a deplorable state, Anatoly Kornukov, the former commander of the Russian air force, said at a round table meeting on Wednesday."

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ach, Seekerof! I just found that story and you beat me to the post. Doom on me for being a slow typist.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
who cares about s-50
thats the good news

Kornukov said a new S-400 system, Triumf, had been tested successfully. �I think regular launches of long-range missiles will be conducted before March 8,� he added. The Triumf anti-aircraft missile system is ready for serial production, according to the ex-commander of air force.

The Triumf system has a range of 400km. It can be used both against high-flying strategic and ballistic missiles and against cruise missiles like the Tomahawk, which fly low and are effective against targets in woodland and rugged terrains.

The new system is capable of detecting and destroying early-warning aircraft and tactical and strategic aircraft. It can also intercept warheads flying at a speed of 4,800 km per hour.

btw heres more on it:

S-400 enters production

Anti-air S-400 Triumph systems will serve in the ABM forces starting from 2004 the chief of the General staff of the Air Forces of the Russian Federation general-colonel Boris Cheltsov informed "Interfax - AVN" on Tuesday.

" The batch production and receipt in armies of systems S-400 " Triumph " will begin in 2004 ", -he has told

B.Cheltsov has declared, that delivery of "Triumphes" will allow to increase twice of antiaircraft defense effectiveness. " S-400 on the tactical-characteristics considerably surpassthe S-300 system and have no analogues in the world ", - the military leader has told.

the S-400 Triumph, the successor of the S-300 and regarded
as the most advanced anti-aircraft battery developed by Russia

As he said, " "Triumph" is capable to work equally effectively both on flying devices, and on ballistic not strategic rockets in any altitude". B.Cheltsov also has noted, that antiaircraft-rocket system S-400 can be used in structure of system ABOUT a battlefield in any region Russian Federation.

as far as i know russia has 2000 or so s-300 series, they can be upgraded to this standart.

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by SectorGaza]

new topics

top topics

join