It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanese TV: Saudi, Kuwait urge nationals to leave Lebanon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Lebanese TV: Saudi, Kuwait urge nationals to leave Lebanon

www.haaretz.com

Saudi Arabia and Kuwait on Saturday called on their citizens living in Lebanon to leave the country as soon as possible, a Lebanese television report said.

Future Television, privately owned by Saad Hariri who heads the majority anti-Syrian bloc in parliament, said Saudi Arabia had advised its nationals to leave Lebanon "as soon as possible."

There was no one available at the Saudi embassy to comment on the report.
Advertisement

A government source said that the Lebanese government was advised about the Saudi decision which called on their citizens to "leave Lebanon if they can and to be very careful in their movements inside the country."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What's up in Lebanon? With the US sending ships to the ME, Israel fighting again with Gaza, and evacuations in Lebanon, it makes me wonder what's up.

I know Bush/Cheney would love to see us in a shooting war with Iran, and Hezbollah is based in Lebanon and backed by Iran. A terrorist was recently killed in Syria (when he wasn't supposed to be there), which supposedly has caused problems. And what's up with pro-Syria/Hezbollah tiff with the Saudis?

Do you smell war? Is the US involved?

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AWingAndASigh

i see another Civil war brewing
no wounder countries want their nationals out.

the place is becoming a mess.

The US/Israel/Iran/Syria are to blame
they are splitting the country in half

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
They know that Israel is going to invade Gaza at anytime and Hesbola will try to attack Israel in return and thats why more than likely. Israel is going to put a serious hurt on Hesbola this time and unfortunately some good Lebanese people will be affected by Hesbolas stupid move.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Interesting.
Something is certainly up.

They must have inside info that either Israel or Hezbollah is planning on starting something soon.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is something that we should watch very closely. Good observations OP. Flag and star.

Israel is not going to stand for the shame they suffered in the last war. That shame being, no victory, and even braggarts claiming to have defeated Israel.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I think the USS Cole being sent toward Lebanon and I believe it is the USS San Jacinto that is nearby altogether spell proxy war against Syria and Iran.

Perhaps the Bush/Cheney government intend to use Lebanon to get into a full scale war with Syria and Iran who back the Hezbollah in Lebanon. If so, it is an angle I certainly did not consider up to this point.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I have such a fondness for Lebanese people and culture, I surely hope they fare well in this mess.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
That statement may have some weight if it were a carrier battle group but not just a few destroyers. The Cole will be giving Israel extra air support mainly protecting them from any medium range ballistic missiles if they need it. They do have their own system. The Cole could have some tomahawks at the ready if need be but I think she will just be there as a deterrent of sorts and gather Intel mostly. Israel don't want war but if they are provoked they are going to get some payback and its not going to be pretty.
On a different note. I have a Lebanese Christan friend who grew up with Hassan Nasralla and he said that he is a punk bully and a coward who needs to be buried with bombs.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Israel don't want war but if they are provoked they are going to get some payback and its not going to be pretty.

Yeah right, Israel don't want war. They bleed imperialism. And they will spread.

On a different note. I have a Lebanese Christan friend who grew up with Hassan Nasralla and he said that he is a punk bully and a coward who needs to be buried with bombs.

Well then if your friend said it, we must organize a bombing at once!

Have a heart.

AAC

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Israel needs more land, specifically land with water, something they are really eager to get. Southern Lebanon has ample water and Israel wants it, hence the need to secure land up to the Litani river. They tried once and were beaten back but are desperate to get back in. Of course, they'll give other excuses but that's a reality - they need water supplies to survive.

It's just unfortunate that Israel and the US choose to make Lebanon a battleground in their land grab. You can't really blame Hesbollah for organising, arming and defending Lebanese territory.

top topics

join