It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the 1st day of March come in like a lion or a lamb where you reside?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Thanks Hellmut for posting that video! I saw that today and I am glad I wasn't a passenger. Would need a clean pair of shorts after that one...LOL

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I need to revise my earlier claims. Saturday and Sunday were beautiful days but Monday was bitterly cold and I woke up this morning with several inches of snow.

I guess that means March came in like a a confused, drunk lion.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I was on a Lufthansa/Air Canada flight coming in from Montreal into Frankfurt when the storm hit.
We started descending when the winds changed direction. All of a sudden, we were in the storm clouds. The turbulance was awful. At this one time, we started freefalling for maybe two seconds... Terrifying! People screaming and thowing up, and not because they were partying.
The plane got struck three times by lightning and sustained heavy damage. It was an eerigly beautiful sight though, to see the white light ball hit the wing and light up the plane for a few fractions of a second.
We couldn't get out of the cloud and couldn't go under. So we just flew. When we finally started going down, the turbulance never stopped. The plane was shaking like crazy and flying diagonally when we were just a few hundred feet from the ground. For some reason, he still tried to land. Luckily, the turbulance stopped suddenly seconds before the plane touched the ground. Putting down the vomit bags, the passangers hailed the pilot.

After the flight I went to speak to some flight attendants. 37 years of experience for one, 30 years for the second. Never had they gone through something like that and they were just as terrified as the passangers. That is when I got a confirmation that we got hit three times and that the plane was grounded because of the damage.

Well, one thing I can say: it was one hell of a ride!

<< 1   >>

join