It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abbas slams Israel's Gaza 'holocaust'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Abbas slams Israel's Gaza 'holocaust'

uk.news.yahoo.com

"It's very regrettable that what is happening is more than a holocaust. We tell the world to see with its own eyes and judge for itself what is happening and who is carrying out international terrorism," Abbas told reporters in Ramallah.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ynetnews.com

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Israel seems to be resembling more and more like 1930s Germany, with it's total disregard for civilian lives.

The brutality of Israeli attacks in the last 24/48 hours are truly sickening, even to the most cold-blooded of individuals.

Even children are not spared from the Israeli killing machine.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I agree with you.

It doesn't matter what happened to the Jewish people in the past, playing the victim card cannot work any longer, they are quite clearly the new aggressor. And I will not stand for it.

The unfortunate thing is they won't be stopped from their personal holocaust until it's too late... why? Because people are scared little children, afraid of being called a simple name, in this case "Anti-Semite."

Well, if my opposition to Israel's desire to slaughter of an entire people makes me an Anti-Semite... then I am PROUD to be an Anti-Semite, and YOU should be too!

[edit on 1-3-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
The unfortunate thing is they won't be stopped from their personal holocaust until it's too late... why? Because people are scared little children, afraid of being called a simple name, in this case "Anti-Semite."

Well, if my opposition to Israel's slaughter of an entire people makes me an Anti-Semite... then I am PROUD to be an Anti-Semite, and YOU should be too!

I am PROUD of being anti-semite too if i raise my voice against Israel commiting genocide!

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I was waiting for the answer to the "holocaust" calling by the prime minister, but interesting to point out is that they are now telling that the used of the Hebrew word "shoah" mean "catastrophe" and that is not the same as "Sohah" that means holocaust, to tell you the truth both words look the same and spells the same but one have capital letters and the other don't.

From the link,

The minister used the Hebrew term 'shoah' which means 'catastrophe' and in this context does not refer to the 'the Shoah' -- the Holocaust," Eytan Guinsburg said on Friday

[edit on 1-3-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
don`t you just love the MSM and the way things are reported - first we have `wipe from the map` which israel nearly daily repeats as `proof` iran is going to kill them - but suddenly when the word `holocaust` is used by israel about what they will do to someone else - oh don`t worry it was just a mistake , so ignore it ok

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

The minister used the Hebrew term 'shoah' which means 'catastrophe' and in this context does not refer to the 'the Shoah' -- the Holocaust," Eytan Guinsburg said on Friday

The spokesman will obviously try and make 'shoah' sound better because he would't want the minister to be chased by the mass media for what he said.

But Vilnai's spokesman took strong exception to media reports that quoted the minister calling for a "Holocaust" in Gaza.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

OH, I agree, it kinds of remind me of the prime minister of Iran and the so well use rhetoric of "wiping Israel from the map of the earth" or something between the lines, funny that it was an entire thread on what he really mean and the two versions of the script the one used for the propaganda and the original one, the rhetoric die out after that thread but you can still find it on threads related to Israel to this day.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
So let me get this straight, the media knows if he capitalized the word or not when he said it? Wow, they are good.

What a joke. Anything for Israel!

The victim card is gone. There comes a point when the bull# crosses a line of ridiculousness, and they crossed it a long time ago.

From now on, in my book, any Israeli supporter is a Holocaust 2 denier. The Holocaust going on in Gaza and occupied Palestine is every bit as bad as the one that happened in Germany.

So I guess I'm an anti-semite too, and I'm proud to be.

[edit on 3/1/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It doesn't even matter now what the minister said.

There's a saying 'actions speak louder than words',and we have seen that in past 2 days...

[edit on 1-3-2008 by Attari]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well the BBC is saying the Israelis have killed 46 Palestinians so far today, including some kids, a couple teenage girls, and a mother cooking breakfast for her kids.

And I'm sure the apologists for Israel will be in here soon explaining how this isn't really a massacre, and Palestinians aren't actually deserving of basic human rights anyway because they've never had a state

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I thought it would be appropriate to dig up this article published on the Jewish Daily Forward

We Palestinians Will Honour Our Word by Afif Safieh who is head of the Palestine Liberation Organization Mission to the United States.

Had I been a Jew or a Gypsy, I would consider the Holocaust to be the most atrocious event in history. Had I been a Native American, it would be the arrival of the European settlers and the subsequent near-total extermination of the indigenous population. Had I been an African American, it would be slavery in previous centuries and apartheid in the last. Had I been an Armenian, it would be the Turkish massacre.

I happen to be a Palestinian, and for Palestinians the most atrocious event in history is what we call the Nakba, the catastrophe. Humanity should consider all the above as morally unacceptable, all as politically inadmissible. Lest I be misunderstood, I am not comparing the Nakba to the Holocaust. Each catastrophe stands on its own, and I do not like to indulge in comparative martyrology or a hierarchy of tragedies. I only mention our respective traumas in order to illustrate that we each bring to the table our own particular history...

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Attari

How long has Hamas been shooting rockets at Israeli schools with out any response from Israel? Who is launching rockets from apartment buildings and school playgrounds? Hammas. Your one sidedness and blaming Israel for reacting finally to a daily bombardment of civilians with rockets for over a year by Hammas is disgusting. How do you come to the conclusion that Israel is being harsh here? You have not seen harsh, They will invade as soon as the weather gets better and the gloves will be coming off. Say goodbye to Hammas controlled Gaza and they deserve everything they get. Israel gave them the land for peace and what did that get them? Answer that. Israel should have ran all the terrorist back home along time ago.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Scaring the bejeezus out of one Israeli justifies the killing of fifty Palestinian civilians. I love this logic. Do I have the same leeway to seek retribution whenever I see a Christian or a white person do something bad?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

I agree with you in that so many here are very selective for who they want to condemn. It seems that violence acts by Israel is to be condemned while violence acts by other groups/countries are not an issue. 1000 innocent people have been killed in Iraq by extremist in the month of February and the same people who condemn Israel ignore these types of events. A bomber walked into a market in Pakistan the other day and killed about 50 and wounded 100s and once again hardly a flicker of interest. There always excuses playing off these and many other violent acts that tend to not blame the actual people who actually did them. What has the Arab world done for Gaza, ever? Nothing has been done… The Arabs care little for them except to arm them to keep the deadly harassment of Israel going as long as possible.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Scaring the bejeezus out of one Israeli justifies the killing of fifty Palestinian civilians. I love this logic. Do I have the same leeway to seek retribution whenever I see a Christian or a white person do something bad?

Sure why not? If I was launching rockets at you and everyone was on my side in that, and I attacked from civilian living areas there becomes a point you just might retaliate against me.

Maybe the lesson here is don't launch rockets at the Jews.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Sure why not? If I was launching rockets at you and everyone was on my side in that, and I attacked from civilian living areas there becomes a point you just might retaliate against me.

Maybe the lesson here is don't launch rockets at the Jews.

So you've be okay with me murdering - oh, sorry, justly retaliating - you, your family, and a few of your neighbors, because you didn't speak out fast enough against a vandal a few counties over? Nevermind that I didn't ask, and just went ahead and did it.

You've be cool with that? Really? 'Cause you're saying the Palestinians should be.

[edit on 1-3-2008 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

So you've be okay with me murdering - oh, sorry, justly retaliating - you, your family, and a few of your neighbors, because you didn't speak out fast enough against a vandal a few counties over? Nevermind that I didn't ask, and just went ahead and did it.

So I vote into office those that want to continually attack you...so what does that make me?

The Jews are very ruthless and that is something I do not deny, but that part of the world is extremely ruthless…My point is I really do not see much difference in the majority of all those countries, but Israel is the focus all the time. Gaza, just like Iraq, Pakistan, Iran etc could do things differently in non-violent ways, but they don't, and so Israel tries to go the nonviolent direction and always gets pulled back to violence, nothing new there.

Honestly I don’t think any of those countries understand anything else, but violence. I’m not saying anyone is worst than the other, but that part of the world is all screwed up, and the people who live there are the cause, so why would Gaza be any different?

[edit on 1-3-2008 by Xtrozero]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
How long has Hamas been shooting rockets at Israeli schools

Ever since the first Israeli shot.

Who is launching rockets from apartment buildings and school playgrounds?

Who is launching missiles from fighter and bomber aircraft?

Your one sidedness and blaming Israel for reacting finally to a daily bombardment of civilians with rockets for over a year by Hammas is disgusting.

Your one sidedness and blaming Hamas for reacting to the oppression and occupation of Palestinian land and claiming the killing of 50+ people, including children, is justified is disgusting.

How do you come to the conclusion that Israel is being harsh here?

How do you come to the conclusion that Hamas is the terrorist group here? Because the TV told you so? It never occurred to you that there is Israeli bias in the news? It never occurred to you that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, most of what Israel does to these people is censored, and EVERYTHING Hamas does fighting against this criminal government is magnified and misrepresented to give the flag waving ignorant crowd the justification to hate the big old boogeyman that much more?

Of course it didn't. Because Jewish people were executed in World War II so that somehow translates in to the excusing of 60 years of slaughtering and occupation.

Do you see the innocent Japanese who were thrown in concentration camps in the United States stepping forward to use the victim card in order to justify the genocide of a people that simply want to defend themselves and want the land that is rightfully theirs? No, you don't. But you wouldn't care about that now would you? Because the good guys did it. The good guys were the ones that threw the Japanese in to camps, so it was perfectly justified. Isn't that right?

What a disgrace.

You have not seen harsh, They will invade as soon as the weather gets better and the gloves will be coming off. Say goodbye to Hammas controlled Gaza and they deserve everything they get.

That's as pathetic as it gets. "Look I can talk tough and mock those who are about to get murdered because my TV led me to believe they deserve everything they get."

I hope Iran bombs Israel because they deserve everything they get.

Now what's the difference between you and I other than I'm a little closer to the truth? Yet you'll see me as a terrorist sympathizer. You sure do FOX News proud, I'm sure.

Israel gave them the land for peace and what did that get them?

Oh give me a god damn break

[edit on 3/2/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
there becomes a point you just might retaliate against me.

And did it ever cross your mind that perhaps Israel has crossed that point in the minds of the Palestinians and they are retaliating and DEFENDING themselves?

Or is it just that whoever the US and the UK support, they get a free pass, and everyone who opposes it is a terrorist? Is that how that whole system works?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join