It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what happens to the soul when a person commits suicide.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

obviously people who post comments on people being selfish when commiting suicide have never had it happen to anyone close to them i have lost a brother in february this year n my husband in april this year and i am finding it very hard to deal with they lost their way n could see no way out and regardless of what some people may think they were very brave in my eyes i couldnt do it i will always remember them as they were and not as cowards thanks very much

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Before we judge, condemn or even complain about anyone who commits suicide let us consider our own lives.

How many of us smoke? Is that not a slow form of suicide?

How many of us eat unhealthy foods or binge eat or snack too much? As a nurse, I can assure you that is a form of suicide (and quicker than the smokers, too)

How many of us recklessly endanger our lives every day by driving too fast to work? Or have indiscriminate sex? Or any number of other actions that have a high probability of death?

For the religious/Christian: if you know that you're going to be killed and do absolutely nothing to prevent that death, is it not a suicidal behavior? Yes, Jesus the Christ walked right into a deadly situation with foreknowledge of his impending doom. When his followers tried to defend and safe him using force (swords), he chastised them and told them to let it happen. Granted, His was a unique situation but He certainly wasn't punished for His actions.

People can get into situations in life in which there truly seems to be no way out, no choices, no voice, overwhelming emotional pain, etc. Chemical imbalances can keep depression going for years.

We live in a pretty impersonal world of over 6 billion people and most of us in the U.S. don't even know who our neighbors are. It's easy to feel isolated and unimportant. Insignificant, even. There is tremendous pressure to "measure up", perform, succeed. Not everyone can handle the same pressures as their fellows. It doesn't make them weaker; it makes them more sensitive.

I have never had anyone close to me committ suicide but I know plenty of people who have attempted it. It pains me greatly to not be able to offer solutions to their perceived problems or to make everything all better. I understand that when life hands you lemons you make lemonade. Some people make whiskey sours to wash down their Valium.

Other people do not live their lives for my benefit or to save me from pain, financial loss or any other grievance I may have. Suicide is their right. I would prefer they had better coping skills. I hope they understand the great gift that is life. I steadfastly work toward helping them see the value they possess as human beings but I don't condemn them.

They don't go to hell. They've already been....and found an exit.

As for what happens after: the Bible states that the flesh returns to dust, the spirit goes back to God (no matter what kind of life they lived) and the soul goes for judgment (no matter what kind of life they lived). The same fate happens to us all, no matter our manner of death.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I often wondered myself,just a month ago a lady I knew well I hadn't heard from her in a while,then got an E mail she had commited suicide,I know she had several issues,and her husband killed himself in front of her then 6 yr old son by blowing his brains out in front of him,she left behind her 2 children,now I fear the son will do the same,yes from one standpoint I guess you could call it the cowards way out,but I wonder how it would be to be them,my father was dying from cancer ,my mother caught him trying to hide a knife to end it all being a strong Christian my mother told him"you know what it says about suicide in the bible",but my poor dad had cancer througout his body,so I say who can really say

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
My personal belief...

Is that the ascension process, the destiny of ones soul, is completely, totally, personal. It's an inner spiritual war. So it's Self awareness that determines the course of ones spiritual fate.

I believe God is an unconditional force of love. Unconditional.

It would be quite paradoxical under this belief, for God to condemn a soul for taking ones life.

I don't believe God judges at all.

I believe we fight a spiritual war within ourselves, during and after death, until we discover the way to God. Suicide may or may not set someone back on that path... it's a personal path I believe. Our own spirit judges our own souls.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thecry

I believe that if you have lived a good life and done your best but somethio ng happens such as an unexpected great loss or many painful things happen all at once and you feel that there is no hope, I feel that if you have tried everything, such as support groups, prayer, meditation, counseling and yet your depression is so deep that you cannot stand the emotional or physical pain no longer, that God will forgive you if you commit suicide. God says he is merciful and that He is love. I am a Christian and even in the Bible I read, there is no scripture that says suicide is an unforgiveable sin. Now some say that you can commit a sin but as long as you truly regret it and ask for forgiveness, God will forgive you because Jesus died to cover our sins. However, if you commit suicide, you can't confess and ask for forgiveness. But I believe that others who have gone ahead of you, like a mother or other close person and they ask forgiveness for you, that you will be forgiven. I'm not so sure anymore that the minute you die that your soul goes to heaven if you are saved. I think there is a holding place where your life is looked at and measured. I think that if Jesus and God loved us so much to have taken on the sins of the world and even Jesus asked for "this cup to be taken" from him, that He will understand our hurting, broken hearts. My daughter and only child/family recently passed unexpectantly in a car wreck. It has been severely difficult to go on living for me. I have looked at a great many writings on suicide and the soul and even the extreme Christian right states that there is nothing in the Bible that says what happens to our souls upon death let alone what happens to the soul of a person who, through great sadness and hopelessness, commits suicide. Christ told the thief on the cross next to him that he would see him tonight in paradise. In another scripture in John, it says, In my Father's house are many mansions, I go to make a place for you. All you have to do is believe in me. If a person is saved by his or her belief in Jesus but through unbearable pain cannot stand to live another day, I believe God will make room for them in heaven. God says he wants us to not just have joy, but abundantly so.....this life is not joyous for all of us. I have no husband, no children, no mother.....all gone. I serve in my curch and I serve Him as much as I know how. I try to love even the most unloveable. I can't believe He would keep me out just because my pain is so unbearable.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
I believe God is an unconditional force of love. Unconditional.

outside the bible, i would say good for you, hope things work out.

but if your saying that from inside the bible, i would say that god never ever says his love is unconditional

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think it is an easy thing to judge others. A loving God would never put a troubled person in hell after suicide. The person who commited suicide is in their hell here on earth. My sister killed herself and I think you are a total moron. Do you really think you can judge people like her when you've never been there yourself. These people are just as sick as if they had terminal cancer. I was with her and she thought someone was trying to kill her kids. It is people like you who make the survivors go through so much more turmoil than they have to. I hope for your sake you never go through the type of hell that my sister and my family have gone through. Until you have walked in a person's shoes you should shut your mouth.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
we commit sucide 24/7, only the true suciders take short cuts in lives but their experience are un learned and they repeat, until they learn.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thecry

It's really difficult to answer this question without getting straight answers from those who committed suicide, right? So anything interpreted by way of say, the Bible, cannot be the final answers. For those of you who believe in reincarnation, there is always a second chance in life that the previous one(s) didn't offer. That's all.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join