It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe it is possible that you have chosen the wrong religion?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Attari
Well, what do you think? Is it possible that you are serving the wrong God and are completely unaware?

Thoughts?

It's not just a possibility, it is a reality.

Now, your title read: chosen the wrong religion not the wrong God, so I thought this was the topic so I will also address your title.

I am gnostic, so when you come to the gnostic teaching and understand it, then you realize that it would not matter which religion you chose, you will still come to the same conclusions.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

Gnostics worship Cthulhu right?

Because otherwise your worshipping the wrong god.

A'la Cthulhu!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holygamer

Gnostics worship Cthulhu right?

Because otherwise your worshipping the wrong god.

A'la Cthulhu!

No. Gnostics worship the true God, which they are one with.

Jesus was gnostic as evidenced here as he was challenged by the Pharisees, which were teachers of the law or old understanding in John Chapter 8:

13 So the Pharisees said to Him, “You are testifying about Yourself; Your testimony is not true.”

The person who is agnostic accuses the gnostic that his understanding is not true, because he is one person and does not have corroborated evidence to present. In other words, the truth cannot be verified externally by just one person, it requires two.

14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I testify about Myself, My testimony is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from or where I am going.
15 “You judge according to the flesh; I am not judging anyone.
16 “But even if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone in it, but I and the Father who sent Me.

Jesus claims that he testifies of him self and so does his father, which are the two witnesses within you, that appear to be one witness from the perspective of the agnostic who cannot judge themselves only what they "know" with the senses.

17 “Even in your law it has been written that the testimony of two men is true.
18 “I am He who testifies about Myself, and the Father who sent Me testifies about Me.”

So you see, the true God is the one inside you, not the one outside you.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

And the one true god is cthulhu

Whom shall devour us in an infinite cycle of insanity! may he rise out from ryloth and destroy his loyal followers first!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holygamer

And the one true god is cthulhu

Whom shall devour us in an infinite cycle of insanity! may he rise out from ryloth and destroy his loyal followers first!

I know not the God who devours us infinitely in insanity, for out of chaos will come unity.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This is Why I believe that I have Chosen the Right Religion

Jeremiah 6:16

16 This is what the LORD says:
"Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls.
But you said, 'We will not walk in it.'

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
no, as i have not chosen a religion...

now, do i think that i might be wrong as an atheist?
of course
it's impossible for me to be certain that i am right in this choice...at least with the current set of evidence to work with.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Matthew 24:35

35Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Matthew 7:24-26

The Wise and Foolish Builders

24"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.

1 Timothy 2:9-10

9I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God

Jeremiah 26:2

2 "This is what the LORD says: Stand in the courtyard of the LORD's house and speak to all the people of the towns of Judah who come to worship in the house of the LORD. Tell them everything I command you; do not omit a word.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join