It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphin speech similar to human language

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

There is no way to knowing if Homo sapiens is more intelligent than the Neanderthal, you cant assume they were less intelligent just because they died out. Maybe it was because Homo sapiens is the most aggressive and barbaric monkey that has ever walked the earth.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Maybe these dolphins are just trying to appear cute and non-threatening to us so we won't kill them (just shows how intelligent they are), keep in mind that throughout history mankind has been eradicating all sorts of animals. But nobody sure wants to kill all those cute dolphins.

Or maybe not so cute.

Sadly, those cute beeping, clicking, autistic-children–loving Flippers are not the Goody Two-shoes we think they are, and for the last decade, scientists have been trying to shove the cold, hard, bottle-nosed truth in our enchanted faces, but we will not hear it. No! we shout as we leap into warm Florida waters to commune with the ocean’s graceful and glossy ambassadors. Shut up! we cry, as experts from Scotland to Australia attempt to stop us from grabbing onto that fin and riding off into the sunset.

from The Believer

... the case was thrown out when multiple witness reported that Freddy aggressively molested humans by towing them around with his, you know, junk.

Dolphins enjoy murder, sexual assault

The Thuggish Pod

Alliance strategies in bottlenose dolphins

Killer dolphins baffle experts

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

Neanderthals bred for intelligence, homo sapiens for socialization. Neanderthals were good toolmakers, hunters, artists, and musicians, but did not understand teamwork as trade and group projects require. They were pushed out as tribal/societal underpinnings emerged.

That is the current view.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Anyone else thinking of Seaquest DSV when they read this thread?

Life imitating science-fiction again?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
2 stories come to mind

When I was younger I remember a teacher telling me about her husband being protected by some dolphins from a possible shark attack.
They were on holiday in Portugal (I think - or poss spain!) the husband was having a swim and had got out to sea where it was deeper but land was in sight. He told his wife (the teacher) that he was prowled by what looked like a shark, and saved by the bell by some dolphins who appeared and circled him. the shark left.

I've not met any dolphins in real life but they do seem more connected to us than is obvious. They interact with humans. The language thing is interesting. Hopefully they will not get abused as a result of this though - they already work for at least one Navy, without pensions I expect!

which reminds me of the second story, and I cannot remember where I heard this but it made me laugh.. around the UK, in certain locations people swim with dolphins for therapy. A group went swimming somewhere along the East Coast (Up North I seem to recall, perhaps Yorkshire area) in the North Sea, with some youngsters - I think it was a therapy session. One dolphin tried getting frisky with a young lad.
It was then I realised that they too fornicate in a similar way to us (as apposed to laying eggs or some other way) and in this case the dolphin wasn't too fussy on who he tried getting it on with.

It would have been handy having an interpretor nearby !!!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Just a bump

For our dolphin brothers

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Larger brains does not equate to higher intelligence.Even today brains can vary significantly.Neanderthals had far larger brains than homo sapiens yet we were more intelligent.

From what ive gathered Mystique is a bit out there from his/her posts...

[edit on 31-12-2008 by Solomons]

Actually, no. Our ancestors, had one advantage over Neanderthals: More advanced speech. That enabled the few egg head Homo Sapiens Sapiens to transmit advances to the rest of the species. While Neanderthals, a species of egg heads, couldn't really transmit data as easily.

news.softpedia.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join