It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

resort complex?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I have had this photo for awhile, not sure where i acquired it. If you look closely, you might be amazed. There are stairways, roads, landscaping, buildings and even windows peeking out from hidden structures.

What do you think?
i28.tinypic.com...

[edit on 1-3-2008 by cockadoodledo]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
highlited

This shows some of the anomaly's highlighted.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cockadoodledo

try inverting the image to see it how it's supposed to be

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cockadoodledo

I'm sorry, i *really* don't see the significance of anything on that photo, and besides, that could just be an average cgi.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I see some of what your pointing out, there are other anomalies on the ridge in the foreground if you look, they look like watch towers evenly spread from the center towards the right? almost look like buttons?

Also a circular structure towards the middle left, i need a better resolution picture, do you know where there is one? if one exists.

I am not saying you are right but there are some structures i would love to see clearer, esp the roads encircling the center complex, if only we had it in colour? looks like a lot of vegitation also.

Just exactly what is an average CGI? i dont understand that statement.. If you are saying it is computer generated you are exactly right, picture was taken, generated by a onboard computer and sent to another computer and decrypted, if you saying the picture is manmade cgi i dont think so..

[edit on 1/3/2008 by azzllin]

[edit on 1/3/2008 by azzllin]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
You've explained nothing about what the photo is or what it is supposed to be of.

I'm inclined to believe that it's either;

A) A picture of a moon looking at a single particular crater.

B) A microscopic image, of something similar.

or

C) Bullcrap.

Explain what it is we are looking at before you post images, otherwise you could be taking a microscopic image of your own ass and we won't even know about it.

[edit on 1-3-2008 by Throbber]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-3-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber

C) Bullcrap.

Explain what it is we are looking at before you post images, otherwise you could be taking a microscopic image of your own ass and we won't even know about it.

That's a little harsh.

However I think this post has no business in the Space Exploration forum. It belongs in Skunkworks. Let's keep it scientific, here guys, please.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

I refuse to even consider giving analytical thought to something that for all we know could be some teenager's way of getting over his feelings of impotence by causing others to display humility.

That said, by all means - go ahead.

Mod Note: Stay on Topic– Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-3-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Is this a picture from john lear's collection? If so, mabey you can find out more about it from him.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It looks like a photo from Mars, like those taken by Mars Global Surveyor.

It would help if you had the original filename of the image.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

I assure you it is not a "microscopic image of your own ass"...lol
Like I said, been sitting on it for a couple years, it might have come from JL, not sure though.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I suppose the sqwiggly lines are a water park slide?
anyways what is the scale of this, are those things you highlighted miles wide or inches wide. another faces in the clouds pic. sorry

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Hi ArMaP, the original photo in my folder is.. ab 103704_cl_str.jpg
Does that ring a bell?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

"I refuse to even consider giving analytical thought to something that for all we know could be some teenager's way of getting over his feelings of impotence by causing others to display humility."

Wow, did you come up with that all by yourself? It does show the patchwork of your thought structure, thank you.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cockadoodledo
Hi ArMaP, the original photo in my folder is.. ab 103704_cl_str.jpg
Does that ring a bell?

Indubitably...

Nope not from John Lear's collection... or mine (yet)

MSSS 1997-11-08
MOC narrow-angle image AB1-03704
TRAVERSE HIGHLANDS CHANNEL ARDA VALLES AND MASSIFS

Those lines are indeed interesting... but I don't have time for a few days to look at them

[edit on 2-3-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This time the IMG file did not help, the original is too dark.

This is the same area after converting to GIF and adjusting the levels.

But at least we know, thanks to Zorgon, that this photo has a resolution of 4.19 metres per pixel and the location (33.71°W, 18.69°S).

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Thanks Zorgon and ArMap for providing sources and coordinates

frankly, initially i've found the OP's pic interesting because there was this formation which looked to me to have some geometric shapes/straight lines:

but after looking at the original, i changed my mind about it: it looks definately amorphic, imho.
But i'm sure that soon will come someone else who'll start spotting camels, monkeys and crocodiles, so i'll stay tuned on this one

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
From all the images that I found from that general area (R16-00768, M07-05409 and R09-02821), I think R16-00768 is the only one that may show the same area, but I could not find any common feature.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
i;m not sure what i'm looking at. but, if i look at it through a sheet of glass and squint my eyes a little. i see a bit of land with rounded hills

new topics

top topics

join