It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US judge restores Wikileaks website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

US judge restores Wikileaks website

newsinfo.inquirer.net

SAN FRANCISCO -- A US federal district court judge on Friday rescinded a controversial order that disabled __._, a website designed to give whistleblowers a forum for posting materials of public concern.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
So it's back. Cited concerns about First Amendment rights?
In the first place, the entity who wants it down is described as: "Swiss bank and its Cayman Islands subsidiary"

Does anyone here have the idea on what or who really these entities are?

newsinfo.inquirer.net

[edit on 1-3-2008 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching_for_truth

So it's back. Cited concerns about First Amendment rights?
In the first place, the entity who wants it down is described as: "Swiss bank and its Cayman Islands subsidiary"

Does anyone here have the idea on what or who really these entities are?

newsinfo.inquirer.net

[edit on 1-3-2008 by searching_for_truth]

Nope, But this is a win for us!

Yeah!

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Now this is impressive... on your way into the site, there is a momentary re-direct. On the first page before entering the site, there is a quote there I think everyone on ATS should read, or at least have the chance to...

"The action I am taking is no more than a radical measure to hasten the explosion of truth and justice. I have but one passion: to enlighten those who have been kept in the dark, in the name of humanity which has suffered so much and is entitled to happiness. My fiery protest is simply the cry of my very soul. Let them dare, then, to bring me before a court of law and let the enquiry take place in broad daylight!" — Emile Zola, J'accuse! (1898)

A win for us indeed!

Just when I thought the US was completely on the road to martial law, this judge throws a curve ball. I commend him!

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Great quote!

These types of stories are very inspiring.

It always seems like 'they' take away a hundred miles from us, and every once in a while we take back an inch, but damn it if that inch doesn't just jab them right in the stomach and make them plan for that much longer.

It's indeed very exciting and inspiring to think that, in our own little ways, we're able to irritate them that much more. That brings me joy, I gotta tell ya.

I'm glad to see there are judges out there who still believe in the Constitution, and people like the owner(s) of sites like WikiLeaks who continue to defy the established status quo and fight for what's right.

I've only visited the site a couple times in the past, but given this, I'd say I'm obligated to do my part and bump up their visitor ratings, while also learning some valuable information that 'they' obviously wanted hidden. Win win!

Great story! Starred and flagged!

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
It was never really shut down.

It was always accessible....

new topics

top topics

join