It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organ Donation, Opt in or Opt Out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
In the UK the amount of organs and blood needed rises daily. Many people die watiing for kidneys, livers, hearts and lungs. Many other parts of the body like corneas and even skin can be used to improve the quality of another persons life and yet so many people don't carry an organ donor card.

The common thing to be heard is that they havn't had a time to get a card, well it takes about 5 minutes to sign up online, cards can be picked up at hospitals and doctors offices, it isn't a good excuse.

It seems people are lazy and so i think organ donation should be an opt out idea. Basically i think it should be that if you die as a UK citizen and you are in good health then your organs should be available for implantation into another person to directly save their life.

If you don't want ot be a part of this for reliigious or other reasons then you can opt out, i am willing to bet most religious people would suddenly find the time to opt out of this system and so those with objections get what they want and we provide a great deal of organs for transplant.

The NHS and local authorities would be immune from prosecution frm angry families as the person whos organs are given up should have opted out, and had chance to. If would of course have to be introduced with a good years warning to allow everyone who wants to opt out the chance to do so.

When you're dead you're dead, your body is useless in my view. Organs should be used to save someones life. If yo don't want in this system yo ucan opt out so surely everyone would be happy?

What do you all think?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
See above posters link.

*closed*

new topics

join