It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plunge Protection Team

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Plunge Protection Team

www.washingtonpost.com

Government protection of public perception of economy
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Consider: US consumer prices are rising = inflation, US Dollar declining and US citizen purchasing power declining = deflation. This combination (inflation plus deflation) is known as stagflation and usually results in protracted recession or possibly depression. Can anyone share insider information about government or corporate protection of SIGNIFICANT negative economic information designed to prevent public panic?

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This guy seems to get it... theinternationalforecaster.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
capitalism is in a self destructive spiral,consumption of unrenewable resources obviously has a finite life span of viability,we are merely seeing that process coming to a maturer stage.

answer?....free energy...slashing production and manufacture costs and saving capitalism from dying,for a while longer.not to mention global warming.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If you want to understand how this economy works, you can't listen to "conventional" wisdom. Everything we are told is meant to enslave us.

Do Not Watch This Video...unless you want to wake up. The Matrix has you.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeRanger

Well boys, guess I wasn't too far off the mark... Guess I'm not the only thinker with a swinging shrong running around out there....check this out:

www.247wallst.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Couldn't you find something a little more recent for breaking? The PPT discussion is very interesting to me personally, but that article is over a decade old.

I'm pretty sure the Working Group on Markets is still around and has been quite busy for a year now. Surprise Fed move last august, Bear Sterns in March, and GSE legislation rammed through CONgress last month.

top topics

join