It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heaven is a PLANET!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I think someone needs to reference a Greek and Hebrew lexicon and look up the meaning of the words heaven and heavens. What we have one word for, the Greek and Hebrew possibly has over a dozen words for. The distinction will immediately become clear and it will be realized Heaven is not being referred to as a material planet.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I only study modern Hebrew, I don't know much about Biblical Hebrew, but the two are closely related. I know Judaism in general has 7 heavens, but I couldn't say whether these are all mentioned in the Torah, or whether some are later additions and neologisms.

Definitely in the Torah are "Sh'mayim" and "Rakiyah"... will look up the rest now and try to get an explanations of the differences in connotations. BRB, dudes.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Jewish mysticism recognizes seven heavens.

In order from lowest to highest, the seven Heavens are listed alongside the angels who govern them and any further information:

1. Shamayim: The first Heaven, governed by Archangel Gabriel, is the closest of heavenly realms to the Earth; it is also considered the abode of Adam and Eve.
2. Raquia: The second Heaven is dually controlled by Zachariel and Raphael. It was in this Heaven that Moses, during his visit to Paradise, encountered the angel Nuriel who stood "300 parasangs high, with a retinue of 50 myriads of angels all fashioned out of water and fire." Also, Raquia is considered the realm where the fallen angels are imprisoned and the planets fastened.[21]
3. Shehaqim: The third Heaven, under the leadership of Anahel, serves as the home of the Garden of Eden and the Tree of Life; it is also the realm where manna, the holy food of angels, is produced.[22] The Second Book of Enoch, meanwhile, states that both Paradise and Hell are accommodated in Shehaqim with Hell being located simply " on the northern side."
4. Machonon: The fourth Heaven is ruled by the Archangel Michael , and according to Talmud Hagiga 12, it contains the heavenly Jerusalem, the Temple, and the Altar.
5. Machon: The fifth Heaven is under the administration of Samael, an angel referred to as evil by some, but who is to others merely a dark servant of God.
6. Zebul: The sixth Heaven falls under the jurisdiction of Zachiel.
7. Araboth: The seventh Heaven, under the leadership of Cassiel, is the holiest of the seven Heavens provided the fact that it houses the Throne of Glory attended by the Seven Archangels and serves as the realm in which God dwells; underneath the throne itself lies the abode of all unborn human souls. It is also considered the home of the Seraphim, the Cherubim, and the Hayyoth.

from en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Also, won't show all the text for these, cos it's a lot, but these definitions are really well explained and should be checked out:

www.christiananswers.net...

this next one is especially useful from a Christian perspective:

mb-soft.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Not being the bible scholar type I had to look up some of those verses. I believe that not man truely knows what heaven is only that heaven was created by god. You are saying that "planet heaven" was created before the earth and list several bible verses to prove that fact. No where in those verses does it state that heaven is a planet. I think you are purely speculating just as those that speculate about the verses of revalation.
You state that the verses you mention prove that God dwells on a planet called heaven. No where in those verses does it state God lives on a planet and that planet is called Heaven. This is pure speculation on your part to prove the existence of alien lifeforms outside of our own world.

Perhaps heaven is indeed a planet that God is preparing for us. However that theory still does not support the existence of alien lifeforms. I still hold the belief all this talk about Aliens and Enlightenment is a basis for the great deception of satan which has been planned since the beginning.

Originally posted by Thurisaz
I reading the bible last night came across this wording in Psalms and then in the extensive notes on Psalms in the KJV, and thus spent time reading other verses:

The words heaven and heavens are used 718 times in Scripture.
They mean the air, clouds, sky, expanse, stars, and the planet on which God dwells.

The Planet Heaven (2 Cor. 12); Created before Earth (Gen 1:1; 2:1; Job 38; 4-7)

Heaven is a created planet like Earth (Gen 1:1; 2:1; Ps. 8:3)

Highest Planet (Eph. 1:21; 4-1; Heb. 7:26)

A paradise (2 Cor. 12:1-4; Rev. 2:7)

God's dwelling place (Dt. 26:15; 1 Ki. 8:30, 39, 43, 49)

...in the north part of the universe, in relationship to the Earth (Isa. 14:12-14; Ps. 75:6-7)

...above (1 Ki. 8:23)

...and in the highest part of creation (Job 22:12; Lk. 2:14; Eph. 1:21; 4:10)

Shape
...round (Job 22:14; Ps. 19:6)

...like the Earth (Isa. 40:22; Eccl. 1:6)

size
...unknown, but perhaps larger than Earth, judging from the size of its cities (Rev. 21:9-27), from the size of other planets compared to Earth and from the number of inhabitants (Jer. 33:22; Heb. 12:22-23)

...has real cities (Heb. 11:10-15; 13:14; Rev. 21:2, 9-27)

...all material things like we have on Earth (Rom. 1:20; Phil. 2-10)

...Men have been taken to heaven and have lived there in natural bodies for thousands of years (Gen. 5:24; 2 Ki. 2:1, 11; Zech. 14:11-14; Heb. 11:5; Rev. 11:3-11)

And much more can be found in the Bible = NOTES ON PSALMS p, 622, 623 Dake's Annotated Reference Bible, The Holy Bible containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text by Finis Jennings Dake.

Why is there so much doubt about life on other planets when the Bible states that God dwells on the planet called Heaven?

I went to Church and I never heard one sermon that depicted Heaven as a planet. It was only ever 'paradise'. Well, why not be specific with the terminology?

It would make a lot of sense too with the fall of man as per Genesis.
They fell from a planet.

Also, does this prove life exists on a Planet other than Earth?
Yes I believe it does.

Here we all are searching for answers and yet, here in the Bible, it states another Planet with life on it exists

[edit on 29-2-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
regarding Isaiah 40:22, the Heavens (plural) stretched out like a canopy and spread like a tent. So if the Heavens are Stretched and spread to live in, What is outside of the Heavens? Would the Universe exist beyond these Heavens? And if the first Heaven and Earth passed away, (Rev. 21:1), do you agree this relates to the old testiment vs. the new? If Jesus died and rose again in three days, would the temple being destroyed and in three days rebuilt perhaps parallel the old heaven being destroyed and maybe it took three days to build a new one? If so, and it was created two millenia ago, yet is still and always new (1 Peter, 1:4), perhaps the New Earth has yet to be created and we are still on the old earth until it passes away later, then is made new (Rev. 21:5). In the meantime, Planet Thiaoouba, if such a paradise exists and the 9 foot Hermaphrodites are "Angels" (I have yet to read about this place), Maybe the planet was destroyed, rebuilt as the New Heaven; (hence, the Planet Heaven) and has a garden of Eden, and Enoch is in charge of it's celestial movements like a captain navigating the high seas, and there is no disease, no death, no war, no hunger, no poverty, no pain, etc..., and everything is just cinnamon buns and roses.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

This makes me think that none of us, as adults, are destined to go to planet heaven. As a human race we have too much anger and hate.

Children on the other hand have sponges for brains and can learn and accept what they are told and will be able to exist in such a place.

So I think if and when the end time comes it will be the childers that ascend and the adults will suffer an end.

Hence, " suffer little children to come unto me".

This may also explain that only 70% of the people of earth will ascend, maybe its the kids.

Great post and more reading for me

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by deenamarie53

Let me just add this. For a person that quotes scripture and verse from the King James version of the bible I find you lacking in charity, my friend.

I was raised on the King James Bible for 55+ years and have ministers in my family. So you can cut the self-righteous act right now.

The above text to me makes me think this person has a narrow mind! There are many 'BIBLES' out there why is yours the correct one?

I think the OP has made a good thread but if you can substantiate that the King James version of the bible is the only religious education to us on this planet then fair play.

As it stands as far as I know we have many religions here on Earth and to think your bible is the the only text that tells the truth is a shame on the human brain.

May I also say that paragraph 2 is from deenamarie I just dont seem to be able to make it bold maybe someone can help me out here.

Kind regards

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by deenamarie53

Also deenamarie this may upset people but do you play the trumpet with the salvation army. This is not a slur but this might prove i have psychic abilities and I want it known that this is my only reason for asking this!

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
--------------------------------------

And as for those who suggest I test spirits or information?

Are you suggesting that the Annotated Referenced Bible (King James Version) is not the Word of God?

That is exactly what I am saying, because there is no god, only human construct.
No more treating religion with kid gloves, because it has had that position for too long, without reason, and needs to be confronted so we can heal humanity.
Enough of religion!
Down with god!

Go, Science! A Candle in the Dark, and the illuminator away from the ignorant and superstitious.

Oh, and deny ignorance

[edit on 1-3-2008 by AotearoaSon]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AotearoaSon

Here Here! Thats a very good point. Its about time we woke up to our responsabilities and sorted things out instead of using GOD or something else to blame for all we do to this planet.

Its like we are kids in adult bodies, blaming someone else for what we essentially have and are doing!

Mad or not so mad??????

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I think both of the above statements are a little unfair on God. I admit right now, I'm a deeply religious (but I swear, unbiggoted) dude, and I get pished off with those who us God to justify any and every action they take, too. But just because I believe in God doesn't mean I don't believe in science, or absolute freedom for all. And God isn't to blame for the actions of those people too.

And when I say absolute freedom, i mean absolute. If you wanna be a racist, superstitious ignorant son of a ditch, who am I to stop you? Why is my truth any better or more true than yours? Freedom for all!

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Raël clears this up in his Messages (www.rael.org). 'Heaven' is indeed a planet, where the best of mankind lives eternally through constant use of cloning

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosen
the best of mankind lives eternally through constant use of cloning

I dispute this - I haven't read much about Rael, I admit, I've just heard loads of anti-Rael propaganda, but I assume that the cloning is a new body, and then a person's memories and junk transferred to a computer, and then to the cloned body. If I'm wrong, the rest of my thoughts are irrelevant, but I'll continue.

I believe that the soul is a separate, unknowable 'entity' that is completely distinct from one's personality, body, mind, memory, etc. Just having an identical mind and identical body does not mean that it is the same 'person' - the soul would be different. Therefore, one 'person' is not living through multiple lives, but many different 'people' are merely living identical lives. I believe this would be a complete limitation on those souls to become individualised and free and 'true' 'persons'. Sorry about all the quotation marks, but language is limited, and I've just drunk quite a bit of wine, and articulation escapes me. I hope I make some kind of sense.

It's basically the same theory I hold for Star Trek style transportation technology. Each time someone is transported they literally die and a simulacrum is fashioned in a new place who is identical to but essentially unique to to original.

Damn, does that make any sense?

It's all my own speculation, and I don't expect anyone to change their minds because of it, just expressing my own opinion to the Rael comment. Again, I admit, I probably should have research Raelianism before making this post. Brick it, I just wanna share with you awesome guys.

Freedom for all!

EDITED becuase I can't type to save my life and made laods of typos. Sorry :-(

[edit on 1/3/2008 by rexpop]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierreletrek

May I also say that paragraph 2 is from deenamarie I just dont seem to be able to make it bold maybe someone can help me out here.

you need to put [ quote ] at the beginning of the quotation and [ / quote ] at the end (without the spaces). To indicate from whom you are quoting, start the quotations with [ i ] Originally posted by < author > [ / i ], but again without the spaces. Hope this helps :-)

EDITED for typos. Anyone who's read one of my posts before is used to these edits now. :-(

[edit on 1/3/2008 by rexpop]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by polomontana
Good post, I'm getting out my Bible know.

I have been posting on this board about how I think the Elohim is an extraterrestrial race of beings led by Yahweh Elohim who was manifested to us in the person of Jesus Christ.

I think if you look at Clouds that hover and and transport people to chariots of fir and Ezekial's wheel, these are the ancients trying to describe future technology in the language of their day. This is why you get things like flying locust with breastplates of iron.

This is exactly what Rael says in his book. The Elohim are a scientifically advanced (by 25,000 years) extraterrestrial race, led by Yahweh. There is no Heaven as most think of it, but rather a planet of eternals who can live indefinitely through cloning and memory transfer.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by the titor experience

Originally posted by deenamarie53
reply to post by Thurisaz

Let me just add this. For a person that quotes scripture and verse from the King James version of the bible I find you lacking in charity, my friend.

I was raised on the King James Bible for 55+ years and have ministers in my family. So you can cut the self-righteous act right now.

Sorry, but i won't give you any further bother about your thoughts or thread.

Go in peace.

It is a tragedy then, that someone, after 55 years of studying the bible, judges others in a way that Jesus never would have. It is amazing how many Christians lose their way and accept arrogance, judgment and passive aggressiveness as an acceptable way of treating others.

Excellent point. Many Christians don't seem to understand the word "tolerance".

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
If the Bible was 'created' to give instruction, comfort and satisfy other emotional and spiritual needs, then I don't see anything wrong with postulating about this.

If it gives you a buzz to believe this, I say 'go for it'. Though it's what one might call a theory of the 'fantastic', it's no less likely than any other interpretation.

What's the point of arguing or disputing if it's tangible or spiritual?

Some might say that 'the power of love' (or faith, or whatever) is surely as 'tangible' as granite bedrock.

Sounds like an unnecessary dispute over semantics.

I'd say that it's probably a near certainty that a planet exists that is even -more- perfect for humankind than Earth. The hard part, from a scientific standpoint would just be locating it, when you think about it. (and, of course, getting there).

But if you presume that it's only a technological challenge, then at some point it would be possible for that to be transparent. (say in the distant future we catalog all the known planets).

Having said that, I'll leave you with this musical video as inspiration; it's what you make of it.

[edit on 1-3-2008 by Badge01]

link   
reply to post by pierreletrek

thanks PLT

that all kind of make's sense to me

but does it make sense?
(i think so)

if you read other biblical texts, i have found that they all point in the same direction>>>>

basically they all the same the thing"love your neighbour as thy
self"

or neighbor if your american but lets not split hairs here..

why cant we just love one another?

its not that difficult ya know!!

i love people no matter the creed or the colour of the skin!

link   

Originally posted by Rosen
Raël clears this up in his Messages (www.rael.org). 'Heaven' is indeed a planet, where the best of mankind lives eternally through constant use of cloning

Hi Rosen! Are you going to the seminar this month?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join