It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heaven is a PLANET!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I reading the bible last night came across this wording in Psalms and then in the extensive notes on Psalms in the KJV, and thus spent time reading other verses:

The words heaven and heavens are used 718 times in Scripture.
They mean the air, clouds, sky, expanse, stars, and the planet on which God dwells.

The Planet Heaven (2 Cor. 12); Created before Earth (Gen 1:1; 2:1; Job 38; 4-7)

Heaven is a created planet like Earth (Gen 1:1; 2:1; Ps. 8:3)

Highest Planet (Eph. 1:21; 4-1; Heb. 7:26)

A paradise (2 Cor. 12:1-4; Rev. 2:7)

God's dwelling place (Dt. 26:15; 1 Ki. 8:30, 39, 43, 49)

...in the north part of the universe, in relationship to the Earth (Isa. 14:12-14; Ps. 75:6-7)

...above (1 Ki. 8:23)

...and in the highest part of creation (Job 22:12; Lk. 2:14; Eph. 1:21; 4:10)

Shape
...round (Job 22:14; Ps. 19:6)

...like the Earth (Isa. 40:22; Eccl. 1:6)

size
...unknown, but perhaps larger than Earth, judging from the size of its cities (Rev. 21:9-27), from the size of other planets compared to Earth and from the number of inhabitants (Jer. 33:22; Heb. 12:22-23)

...has real cities (Heb. 11:10-15; 13:14; Rev. 21:2, 9-27)

...all material things like we have on Earth (Rom. 1:20; Phil. 2-10)

...Men have been taken to heaven and have lived there in natural bodies for thousands of years (Gen. 5:24; 2 Ki. 2:1, 11; Zech. 14:11-14; Heb. 11:5; Rev. 11:3-11)

And much more can be found in the Bible = NOTES ON PSALMS p, 622, 623 Dake's Annotated Reference Bible, The Holy Bible containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text by Finis Jennings Dake.

Why is there so much doubt about life on other planets when the Bible states that God dwells on the planet called Heaven?

I went to Church and I never heard one sermon that depicted Heaven as a planet. It was only ever 'paradise'. Well, why not be specific with the terminology?

It would make a lot of sense too with the fall of man as per Genesis.
They fell from a planet.

Also, does this prove life exists on a Planet other than Earth?
Yes I believe it does.

Here we all are searching for answers and yet, here in the Bible, it states another Planet with life on it exists

[edit on 29-2-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Good post, I'm getting out my Bible know.

I have been posting on this board about how I think the Elohim is an extraterrestrial race of beings led by Yahweh Elohim who was manifested to us in the person of Jesus Christ.

I think if you look at Clouds that hover and and transport people to chariots of fir and Ezekial's wheel, these are the ancients trying to describe future technology in the language of their day. This is why you get things like flying locust with breastplates of iron.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by polomontana

Well to be very honest with you, I feel so excited about this

Really! I woke up feeling a buzz in my body. It is so strange but the wording is all there, it is all there in the Bible and yet, we don't see it. Or I didn't until last night.

This proves that life on another Planet exists and it feels logical!!

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well, we have to be careful not to take things too literally.

Heaven could be a term for the higher dimensions, (the spiritual realm). There's certainly no reason that higher dimensions can't harbor planets, but we have to consider that in Heaven there is no death, no time, no suffering etc. and these are traits attributed to the 4th dimension and higher. Certainly, the idea of a physical material 'Heaven' is impossible to reconcile with. It would have to exist in a higher plane.

And other religions corroborate this, especially ancient hinduism (Vedic philosophy) which was around long before any other religion. They spoke of Heavens and other planets as well, that we can go to by raising our spirits. These planets and heavens exist in other dimensions which we will experience at death. These higher dimensions affect us directly, they are woven into our physical existence (in the 3rd dimension), hence, God is above as so below.

I think all religions hint at the existence of other realms, higher dimensions, and yes planets. Why not?

The only problem is in this modern age people have stopped reading between the lines, they have stopped investigating the possibility of spiritual dimensions etc. and they are fooled into believing that this is the only reality, that there is no 'heaven' or hell. There very well could be.

They are dimensions of existence just like this one. There is a reason we are told to laugh at the idea of Heaven etc.... becuase if we knew that our souls were immortal and that our behavior and thoughts decided whether or not we ascend to higher dimensions, we would behave completely different in society.

We wouldn't fear death, we would be careful how we act and what we do, etc. Obviously, it would be harder to control a world full of spiritually free beings, so people like Christ were murdered by the state for trying to teach people how to reach heaven, and how to live for the higher realms instead of the lower.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It's interesting that you use the word buzz.

I felt the same way when I realized the Elohim are an advanced race of beings directly involved with why we are here.

I read the Bible many times before but I felt a buzz and it was like a light was being turned on inside of me. I could actually "see" what I was reading.

I realize that it's the Spirit Illuminating scripture.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Well to be very honest with you, I feel so excited about this

Really! I woke up feeling a buzz in my body. It is so strange but the wording is all there, it is all there in the Bible and yet, we don't see it. Or I didn't until last night.

This proves that life on another Planet exists and it feels logical!!

If that is so, you're going to be SO disappointed...
(And needlessly so!)

Even if the Heaven you envisage - or Paul or any of the other people who wrote the many books that now form the Bible (very many people living at very different times) envisages - is "material", it doesn't follow that the "matter" they are describing is the one you perceive on this plane of existence. (Which would then necessitate a different planet altogether.)

I won't even begin to "deconstruct" every single one of your references (the "northern" land, e.g., refers to the Northern kingdom, a geopolitical entity of those times), but the Bible, of course, never says anything - not one word - about "planets".
(I am sure you can find a searchable edition of the Bible online. If not, remind me and I'll post a link.)

I am assuming you are VERY young?
There's nothing wrong with that, of course - but it does mean that you still have a lot to learn.
(Like we all do, I know... ;-))

[edit on 29-2-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
I won't even begin to "deconstruct" every single one of your references

Why not?

Please do!

I am assuming you are VERY young?

There's nothing wrong with that, of course - but it does mean that you still have a lot to learn.
(Like we all do, I know... ;-))

ass u me = that is what happens when we assume.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hmmm...and I always thought heaven was a BBQ on a hot summers day with a nice cold case of beer to chase it down with
I guess everyone's vision of heaven is a little different...

J.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It's actually not another planet... it's another realm. The Spirit Realm. And everything that exists here in the Physical Realm existed there first.

Unfortunately, because most fundamentalist Christians have misinterpreted scriptures that refer to the Spirit Realm and those that dwell within it, other scriptures are then also misinterpreted which lead people off in the wrong direction and they're unable to understand.

It also depends on translation. The word "planet" isn't used in the HCSB. For instance at Eph. 1:21 it actually says, far above every ruler and authority, power and dominion, and every title given, not only in this age but also in the one to come." and at Eph. 4:1 "For this is the kind of high priest we need: holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners, and exalted above the heavens."

That's why when reading the scriptures we should never lean on our own understanding, but ask for assistance from Father's Holy Spirit in prayer.

Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding."

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

I am not relying on my interpretations of Scripture

All of the above Scripture is from the Annotated Referenced Bible.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Ok....let me take the liberty of re-phrasing what ReginaA was saying to you......

Intensely and purposefully search out the scripture; with a pure heart AND ask for and rely upon the Holy Spirit to enlighten any scripture that may seem obscure to you.

In this same vein you are to test the spirits that come to you....as they surely will, make no doubts about that. Do you know how to test the spirits????

NOTE to Regina:
I'm hoping ya don't mind my clarification of your explanation. Just thought it would be helpful to the poster.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by deenamarie53
NOTE to Regina:
I'm hoping ya don't mind my clarification of your explanation. Just thought it would be helpful to the poster.

Very well said and much appreciated. Thank you!

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

John 14:2:
2:In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Heaven is not some abstract realm without substance. Christ says over and over here that it is a PLACE.

Psalm 37:27-29:
27: Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore.
28: For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.
29: The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.

Heaven is an eternal place that has land too.

and food:

Ex. 16:4:
Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no.

It is also hidden from us and the Kingdom of Heaven is near or at hand:

Matthew 3:2:
2: Turn from your sins and turn to God, because the Kingdom of Heaven is hand

But Christ also tells us the mysteries of Heaven will be revealed:

Luke 8:10
10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

--------------------------------------

And as for those who suggest I test spirits or information?

Are you suggesting that the Annotated Referenced Bible (King James Version) is not the Word of God?

EDIT TO ADD:

for those who wish to attack me. Please note:

I have not written this. I have sourced this from this Bible:
The Dake Annotated Reference BIble - The World's Best Study Bible

cheers

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The Spirit Realm IS a place. It's actually, many, many, many places. It's not abstract and it does have substance. It's also called Heaven but it's the same place. And yes, everything there was there before it was here. It's hidden from us, because it's in a different realm.

Pray on it. Ask Father to assist you in gaining a better understanding. That's the best advice that I can give you at this point.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by ReginaAdonnaAaron]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Check this out. Heaven may be on its way.

AAC

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Heaven is a state of mind. You can have it here if you like, if you only open yourself up to the possibility.

Free the chains from your mind and the chains on your soul will melt away.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
Pray on it. Ask Father to assist you in gaining a better understanding.

Perhaps you had better contact DAKE BIBLE, Inc - Mr Finis Jennings Dake and suggest that he do the same!

As everything I have stated in my introductory thread,
is from this Bible

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
Perhaps you had better contact DAKE BIBLE, Inc - Finis Jennings Dake and suggest that they do the same!

As everything I have stated in my introductory thread IS from this Bible

I'm sorry that I've caused you to become defensive in my attempt to enlighten as to the truth of the scriptures you posted. It was intended to help, not to offend. MANY people have misinterpreted the scriptures and many more have been misled by those misinterpretations. Again, please accept my humblest apologies.

DAKE BIBLE, Inc. doesn't hold the copyright on Truth.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

John 14:2:
2:In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Heaven is not some abstract realm without substance. Christ says over and over here that it is a PLACE.

Psalm 37:27-29:
27: Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore.
28: For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.
29: The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.

Heaven is an eternal place that has land too.

and food:

Ex. 16:4:
Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no.

It is also hidden from us and the Kingdom of Heaven is near or at hand:

Matthew 3:2:
2: Turn from your sins and turn to God, because the Kingdom of Heaven is hand

But Christ also tells us the mysteries of Heaven will be revealed:

Luke 8:10
10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

--------------------------------------

And as for those who suggest I test spirits or information?

Are you suggesting that the Annotated Referenced Bible (King James Version) is not the Word of God?

Are you suggesting I'm implying anything "other"?

I will not use the word assume in a gross way to prove a point because I view that as being un-friendly and a swear word.

Question: how do you work your way through the Bible when a tough or contradictory verse is being read? Do you pray the Father to enlighten your faulty vision-of-mind, ie: reason, or do you willy-nilly listen to any disembodied voice that may choose to pipe in a comment or two?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well, ... in my view :

the bible can't know / say anything about heaven.

Bible was written by men - if men were to know about heaven, they would need to have been dead before.
But at least for the last 17 centuries, christianity doesn't recognise reincarnation. So i see a problem here.

The bible also says that anyone who speaks with the dead should be banned / thrown away from their houses and they shall go to hell, so beware with your ouija boards ...
It is strictly forbidden. So any information gathered this way should be considered biased, influenced by demonic forces.

The problem is that : hell doesnt exist either. It's a latter invention.

So who/what are we to believe ? Texts that contain so many contradictions that any cooking book should provide a better reading for a cartesian mind ?
Or the man in the fancy dress just because he says he is right ?

Is eden on another planet too ?
If the original sin was made on another planet, why should we suffer and not them ?
If god's realm is interplanetary, why so many different facets of it on our own planet ?

But you might be right, maybe you should start looking for heaven on another planet, cause it's becoming quite sure you won't find it on this one.

This was a pun intended post by yours truely...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join