It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Scientists eye mysterious 'Planet X'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Moegli

well we know its not "the" planet x, aka nibiru as it has a 1000 year orbit according to the japanese scientists in your quote, and the imaginary planet x has a 3600 year orbit.

So the long and short of it is, STILL nobody has found the imaginary planet x with a 3600 year orbit which may or may not be a brown dwarf and/or planet, travels at the speed of light and is invisible.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prophet-Ezekiel

Just look up deep sea scrolls.

I know of the Deep Ocean Drilling Program, but have never heard of the Deep Sea Scrolls. They must be able to withstand an immense amount of pressure.

The comment preceeding that smacks of Velikovsky, tbh

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Come on guy's let's not be rude....i know what he meant

DEAD SEA SCROLLS

please be respectful

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moegli SNIP

calculations using computer simulations

The researchers set up a theoretical model

And you say thats proof?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teki187

Originally posted by Moegli SNIP

calculations using computer simulations

The researchers set up a theoretical model

And you say thats proof?

Where did I say it's proof?

Although I did appropriately state that it is convincing, which I am sure to a lot of people it would.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Notice in many of my posts I've referred too "IF" it exists.

Yeah, so stop trying too discredit it.

WE are just the peons.

WE have no idea what this planet X is or where it came from or how it got where it is and orbits change bud, especially when planets slam into other planets and wipe out dinosaurs(my theory), create the asteroid belt, then the asteroid belt around earth formed a moon.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
But your all referring to it as its real!!

If we can detect stars in other galaxies, then we should be able to detect a planet supposedly interfering with the planets in our solar system.

Its just complete and utter rubbish. Proof is the key and since there ie NO proof, its just a myth.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
A myth shrouded in secrecy you must leave it at this,

because as you stated if we can identify planets in other systems, we should UNDOUBTEDLY be able too identify one in our own.

The point, why would we say there is a planet x if there isnt. and if there is, what is it.

[edit on 2-3-2008 by Inflikted]

[edit on 2-3-2008 by Inflikted]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
There is something called evidence. I have provided a decent one for people to speculate or counter.

I also have an open mind. An infinite Universe has infinite possibilities.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prophet-Ezekiel
Notice in many of my posts I've referred too "IF" it exists.

Yeah, so stop trying too discredit it.

WE are just the peons.

WE have no idea what this planet X is or where it came from or how it got where it is and orbits change bud, especially when planets slam into other planets and wipe out dinosaurs(my theory), create the asteroid belt, then the asteroid belt around earth formed a moon.

and since, according to you, we don't know any of the above, we also don't know that planet x exists at all. And since we would only know if it exists by acquiring evidence to it's existence, and there is none... Well you get the idea, don't you?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dscomp

This is how it was explained to me! They are finding out that most solar systems have two suns. Planet X is our 2nd sun and is a brown darf. The only way they can find it is with infra-red! That is why they are spending million of dollars to get the infra-red telescope up in running at the south pole. Also hear nasa is working on getting a few infra-red up and running so they can monitor the situation. When our 2nd sun passes the polar shift will be to much and the way we know it today will be oppisite. North being south, south being north. With all the plates sifting were pretty much doomed and that is why they built the seed vault and all that good stuff!!!

Enjoy your day!!!!

Here I found this, maybe this will explain it better!
yowusa.com...

[edit on 2-3-2008 by Barooooooo]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Hah, there is some food for thought.

You took the ball and ran with it.

Good job buddy.

I just like his idea =)

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barooooooo
reply to post by dscomp

This is how it was explained to me! They are finding out that most solar systems have two suns. Planet X is our 2nd sun and is a brown darf.

The problem is that if we were part of a binary system, there would be perturbations in our sun and there isn't.

The only way they can find it is with infra-red! That is why they are spending million of dollars to get the infra-red telescope up in running at the south pole.

It is a microwave telescope that observes in a frequency range between 70 and 300 GHz. The primary science goal for SPT is to conduct a survey to find several thousand clusters of galaxies, which should allow interesting constraints on the Dark Energy density and its equation of state.

The project is a collaboration between the University of Chicago, the University of California-Berkeley, Case Western Reserve University, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory, the University of Colorado-Boulder, and McGill University. It is funded by the National Science Foundation.

That's a pretty big collaboration ! That must include a huge personnel list and nobody is talking. Unlikely

Also hear nasa is working on getting a few infra-red up and running so they can monitor the situation.

Where did you hear this from? Is it a legit source?

When our 2nd sun passes the polar shift will be to much and the way we know it today will be oppisite. North being south, south being north. With all the plates sifting were pretty much doomed and that is why they built the seed vault and all that good stuff!!!

This is a perfect example of how this hoax continues. On the surface, it's sounds kinda scientific until you realized that a pole shift is provable.

According to the the planet x faithful, planet x passes by every 3600 years causing, amongst other things, a pole shift on planet earth. Since we can determine how often and to what extent, pole shifts occur, we can determine whether or not what the faithful are saying is true.

So the next questions are, when was the last pole shift, how often do they occur, how long did the shift take and how far was the shift?

Recent work by scientists and geologists Adam Maloof of Princeton University and Galen Halverson of Paul Sabatier University in Toulouse, France, indicates that Earth indeed rebalanced itself around 800 million years ago during the Precambrian time period.[8] They tested this idea by studying magnetic minerals in sedimentary rocks in a Norwegian archipelago. Using these minerals, Maloof and Halverson found that the north pole shifted more than 50 degrees — about the current distance between Alaska and the equator — in less than 20 million years. This reasoning is supported by a record of changes in sea level and ocean chemistry in the Norwegian sediments that could be explained by true polar wander, the team reports in the September–October 2006 issue of the Geological Society of America Bulletin.[9]

Research using GPS, conducted by Geoffrey Blewitt of the University of Nevada, has shown that normal seasonal changes in the distribution of ice and water cause minor movements of the poles.[10]

source wikipedia

So lets look at this again.
The last pole shift occurred 800,000,000 years ago, not 3600 years ago.

The last pole shift didn't occur over night but took approximately 20,000,000 years to complete.

The last shift was 50 degrees and not 180 degrees as planet x proponents claim.

This information is backed up by scientific research/data. Can the planet x proponents refute this data? YES or NO. If yes, post that data here please.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Our poles are lined up to the galactic center of the Milky Way, a galaxy which we have been orbiting for billions of years, slowly getting closer each time. When we cross over the center our poles flip. Sometimes this takes a long time and other times it is almost instantaneous depending on the alignment of the rest of the bodies in our solar system. There is evidence to suggest that near the year 2012 we will not only experience a pole shift as we travel through the center, but actually join with the Milky Way, finally overcome by its attractive force.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Heh.....I get a big feeling Scalamander is "More than human"

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scalamander
Our poles are lined up to the galactic center of the Milky Way, a galaxy which we have been orbiting for billions of years, slowly getting closer each time. When we cross over the center our poles flip. Sometimes this takes a long time and other times it is almost instantaneous depending on the alignment of the rest of the bodies in our solar system. There is evidence to suggest that near the year 2012 we will not only experience a pole shift as we travel through the center, but actually join with the Milky Way, finally overcome by its attractive force.

Please post the evidence to support these claims. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join