It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sorcery Conspiracy

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by enchantress62

This is for real. They grew a human ear on the back of a mouse...
Scary huh?

Good if you need replacement parts though.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Well being Wiccan it outrages me! I've spent my whole adult life fighting for the rights of others, and when I see things like this I sometimes think I'm just spinning my wheels.

But back on track, some of you have posted passages from the Bible showing the Christian perspective on Sorcery. Yesterday I got to thinking, I haven't discussed Sorcery with many Wiccans, but I'm curious now what the Wiccan perspective on it is. I'm doing some research on that at the moment and will get back to you when I have the answer.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Good point CS, Politics & Psy-ops can be sorcery as well if we are using the manipulation definition. We are undoubtedly manipulated by the CIA - they plant news storied in the pres to sway public opinion towards their secret agenda and covert operations all the time. We have plenty of examples from history like Vietnam and Watergate. If you ask me 911 as well!

I suppose we should be prepared for it to just be on the increase. I have a feeling we'll see another big event this year.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Witchcraft - the Hebrew word is cesheph and refers to someone who cuts up herbs and makes them into a magic brew. The Greek version of the Old Testament (The Septuagint) translates this with the word pharmaka, meaning drug. The term is used in Micah 5:12 for some such material as drugs or herbs used superstitiously to produce magical effects.

Sorcery The Hebrew term meonen, which is translated in the N.I.V as sorcery, refers to the practice of determining the will of the gods by observing the movement of the clouds.

christianlibrary.org.au...

Galatians 5:20 - The word sorcery, pharmekeia in Greek, refers to abortifacient potions

www.freerepublic.com...

Note: abortifacient is a drug or device used to cause abortion

1 :the use of power gained from the assistance or control of evil spirits especially for divining : NECROMANCY 2 : MAGIC 2a

www.merriam-webster.com...

3784 kashaph [kaw-shaf'] a primitive root; TWOT - 1051; v
AV - sorcerers 3, witch 2, witchcraft 1; 6
1) (Piel) to practice witchcraft or sorcery, use witchcraft
1a) sorcerer, sorceress (participle)

virtualchurch.us...

Over time the meaning has been diluted from bad until it appears in a guise to be okay, or so unrecognizable that one will not know they are sinning.

the practice of malevolent magic, derived from casting lots as a means of divining the future in the ancient Mediterranean world. Some scholars distinguish sorcery from witchcraft by noting that it is learned rather than intrinsic.

Other scholars, noting that modern witches claim to learn their craft, suggest that sorcery's intent is always evil and that of witchcraft can be either good or bad.

In the early Christian era, the term was applied to any magician or wizard but

by the Middle Ages only to those who allegedly practiced magic intended to harm others.

In Western popular culture, and in Western children's literature in particular, the sorcerer often assumes a more positive guise.

www.britannica.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siren

Galatians 5:20 - The word sorcery, pharmekeia in Greek, refers to abortifacient potions

abortifacient is a drug or device used to cause abortion

Awesome research thanks!

I find this Galatians passage particularly interesting with this abortion potion.

Amplified Bible Galatians 5:19-20

19Now the doings (practices) of the flesh are clear (obvious): they are immorality, impurity, indecency, 20Idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger (ill temper), selfishness, divisions (dissensions), party spirit (factions, sects with peculiar opinions, heresies),

Your source says "The term is used in Micah 5:12 for some such material as drugs or herbs used superstitiously to produce magical effects."
The Micah 5 passage
12 I will destroy your witchcraft
and you will no longer cast spells.
So this would be a case of using an intoxicated state to do "magic"

Thank you for finding some commentaries that agree with our contention!

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Thank you for finding some commentaries that agree with our contention!

I hope you understand how widespread and how far the depth of it goes, especially, if books like "Harry Potter" have titles that include the term. It permeates the fabric of this world. The companies that manufacture are not the worst, for they do produce some remedies that assist in the fight. I believe that we are supposed to know how to heal the same way Jesus did. You might want to look into the decline in mental health in America and the increase in such diseases as diabetes and heart problems. Also, why children are being administered prescriptions for the mind.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by Siren]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I'm not sure how growing a ear for a small boy who'd lost his own in an accident qualifies as sorcery, but I think that picture's cute. I used it on a greeting card actually... a New Year card, get it?

We seem to be drifting off topic again; let's get back to it. If this is a conspiracy, who are the conspirators? This thread seems to me somewhat lacking in speculative depth. So a first-century Greek word was wrongly translated and no-one corrected it. Whodunit? The authors of the multifarious English translations of this marvellous work? Who were they? Why did they do it? Did someone get to them -- were they bribed? Or were they secretly alchemists themselves, like Sir Isaac Newton, seeking to smuggle sorcery onto the approved agenda by a semantic distortion? How did they cover there tracks? Who found the smoking gun? Show it to us!

This thread needs some more -- pardon me -- flesh on its bones

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

So a first-century Greek word was wrongly translated and no-one corrected it.

The word was not incorrectly translated. Although, over time the meaning has been diluted and continues to be diluted.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siren

So a first-century Greek word was wrongly translated and no-one corrected it.

The word was not incorrectly translated. Although, over time the meaning has been diluted and continues to be diluted.

Thanks for saying that. I may have been adding to the confusion. I think if it were translated that way today, it would be a mistranslation.

In the Op I also discussed churches. It is up to the Pastors to keep up with these sort of issues and make them known to their membership.

The problem is not many are teaching it form what I see n the net. Although there are some sites that are relating sorcery to substance abuse. Plus the fact many folks don't have pastor at all. That's one reason I feel called to make threads like this, it might help open a few eyes and I have learned some too. Siren you are a great help.
'

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu
Well we can't have mentally imbalanced peeps using medications to cure or control their emotional problems. Why they might get their thinking and their lives on track and never see any need to indulge in the imaginary friend Christianity offers as a nostrum for all their woes.

Yeah Lilliputian, you busted us, were all believing in something we all KNOW doesn't exist and this thread isn't really about sorcery, it's just a ruse to keep up the facade of this HUGE Christian Conspiracy we are all in on. Every time someone like you thinks they have to remind us that he is an imaginary friend, we all crack up laughing till our sides split that you actually bought it enough to criticize it. HA HA HA HA Yeah,, like all those millions of Christians are all actually believing in the imaginary guy upstairs for real LOL!!!

C'mon,, why would anyone want to read a book thousands of years old having no pictures, on pages so thin they make better rolling papers then a good book bind material, in addition to choosing the kind of imaginary friend NONE of us really like to hang around with . I mean jeez we can't be ourselves with the one we all seemed to choose.

I personally would have one that isn't so uptight about getting high or holding me to some bogus standard of behavior that punishes for non compliance. I mean really,, you can't think we all would REALLY believe in something like that I mean to die for do you??

So don't concern yourself,, it's all a big hoax shhhhh mums the word.

Ummm ,, unless of course,, said imaginary friend wasn't a big conspiracy and actually introduced himself to us in such a way as for all of us to believe in it unequivocally. I mean I used to be like you,, thinking holy rollers were schizophrenic or ,, just stupid. I wasn't looking,, he just made it a point to mmmm introduce himself whether I liked it or not.

I mean,, we are all either in that big global conspiracy,, OR we are all mature adults, lucid and not on any sort of drugs but were all nuts and just happen to be nuts for old books and blowing Sundays to hang out with other fruitcakes like us,,

OR,, we know something,, you don't.

Either one you pick,,

I don't care

- Con

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

What a sad thread.

Somebody dreams up a halting, crippled runt of a conspiracy just so that they can preach on ATS that Jesus Say Drawgs Is Bad. The putative conspiracy has no conspirators, no story, no evidence. There's a bit of eyewash about a mistranslation (no, not even that, a misinterpretation!), never clearly explained, then nothing but dull adamantine bible-thumping, on and on for twenty pages. When somebody without an agenda comes in to make a point or asks a sensible question, their post just gets buried under another layer of over-chewed and regurgitated scripture.

And now here come the very last of the unreconstructed, their state of denial blazoned on their shields -- in triplicate, no less.

Why, oh why, is this pious gallimaufry taking up server space on ATS?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Somebody dreams up a halting, crippled runt of a conspiracy just so that they can preach on ATS that Jesus Say Drawgs Is Bad.

Yeah I saw that on your profile that you like doing drugs and apparently so, as you were high enough to say that you do them "intelligently"

I was gonna ask you how many days had you been up when you wrote that

There's a bit of eyewash about a mistranslation (no, not even that, a misinterpretation!), never clearly explained,

I think it is more likely it was never clearly "understood" but hey,, what would I know,, I don't do drugs at all much less as smart as you do them.

then nothing but dull adamantine bible-thumping, on and on for twenty pages. When somebody without an agenda comes in to make a point or asks a sensible question, their post just gets buried under another layer of over-chewed and regurgitated scripture.

This might seem kind of mundane seeing how I arrived at this conclusion without the aid of "drawgs" but,, when a thread is sad and nothing but regurgitated crap,, ya know what I do??

I find another thread. Here is another factoid,, if I don't like a topic that has lots of fanfare by others who do and say a lot of the kind of things you call regurgitated,, I don't wander in to them. I see you don't like 911 threads, so if I were you,, I would not venture into threads that have this number "911" anywhere in the title. Might find you won't have as much to dislike.

And now here come the very last of the unreconstructed, their state of denial blazoned on their shields -- in triplicate, no less.

Why, oh why, is this pious gallimaufry taking up server space on ATS?

Well I can see already why you do drugs but only intelligently or was it wisely? Well what ever it was,, I guess I would have to be on them too if I am ever to understand that last part of your post.

- Con

-

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Both the matter and the manner of your post are insulting in the extreme, but from one of your persuasion and intellect I should expect nothing else. Indeed, you flatter me, since your opprobrium puts me in company -- Charles Darwin and Richard Dawkins -- I should normally consider myself far too insignificant to keep. I thank you.

As for my presence on the thread, I joined at an early point, before it started going downhill quite so precipitately, and I have stayed more or less by invitation, as the OP will testify -- even if he does not, I have saved his U2U. I have made a positive and meaningful case for the opposition and I have done so with civility and tolerance throughout. I have not been reticent about my opinions on religion, but it is my privilege, as it is yours, to speak freely on such matters within the terms and conditions of this board.

With regard to your advice -- leave the thread if you don't like it -- I thank you again. I was in fact about to do so when you entered it. Now, however, I think I shall stay, and pay particular attention to your effusions. I do not doubt that they will be entertaining. I may even reply to some of them, but don't hold your breath.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
All right how about one of you Wizards or Sorcerer's come up with a spell or potion to keep this thread on track and leave personal comments at the gates.

Stay on Topic please.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I was admitted to a mental hospital sometime ago, and what I believe was the Holy Spirit warned me not to take the medicine they prescribed me, I had only taken something like aspirin before so I kindof shook off the warning and took it anyway, the warning didn't make sense. Plus I figured they would just strap me down and administer it anyway against my will. Anyway it was just a few days later when I started hearing voices in my head, evil voices, telling me to do bad things, like really bad things. Even though I kept saying no these voices kept on and on and on about doing this or that. So I offered to pacific the voices by doing something small like stealing a stop sign off the street and that did seem to pacify the voices. Anyway, I decided to get off that medicine immediately, at one point I lay in fear all night unable to sleep which I found out my mom had the same experience. I felt utterly depressed for several months. Anyway I heard a sermon sometime later that socery is actually mind altering drugs and I think the whole physchology field is a work of the devil.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by brickhouse32

Thanks for having the courage to share that personal story. I know it must have been a difficult time for you. I hope and pray you are healthier now in every way. The book of James 4 tells us "Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't know if it's been previously mentioned (I don't think so) but I think we should include the so-called natural, homeopathic remedies so rampantly enforced into society these days. Some of these remedies are old remedies used before the age of medicine and are of good use, but there are many that can cause great discomfort and even anguish.

It's encumbant upon us all to use all medicines and remedies only for their intended purposes and remember not to over-medicate. It seems to me that this is where we start to run into problems.

There are so many medicines being used today and the over-prescription of antibiotics is one I can think of that has actually done more harm to society than was originally intended.

Everything has a good and a bad side - good use, bad use. We, as the consumers must know the difference. And I'm not sure we can always get the best advise from our doctors and those in the medical field.

So, the question becomes - who do we trust to find out?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Actually, Jesus was the sorcerer

At least, that's what some people are saying on this thread.

Perhaps an opportunity for meaningful dialogue has presented itself.

Or perhaps not.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Isn't it obvious; that the prescribing of behavior controlling drugs. To
what, half or more of U.S. children, is a bad thing. A sign of the degeneration of our society! It doesn't have to be mentioned in the Bible.
For common sense to tell us that.
Is it all a conspiracy to keep the population; dumbed down, under control
and useful slaves for the system. I would speculate it is.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Howie47]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Actually no! Jesus was God incarnate. He had no need of sorcery. Sorcery is a tool of mortal men to manipulate the unseen.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join