It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sorcery Conspiracy

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Interesting stuff, BW.

And with that I will not partake in your thread derailment any longer!

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Another note of dissent.

"...The topic of this thread is not my faith or anyone else's. This is a conspiracy theory involving the suppression of a Biblical teaching. If that bothers you please have some courtesy just read another thread. I welcome people of all faiths to share insight into why this teaching might be suppressed."

This assumes that everyone holds the Bible as some sort of authority. This is not the case, particularly with 'people of all faiths.'

I personally think the Bible, while often interesting, is no more 'the word of God' than is Reader's Digest. With the exception, of course, that Reader's Digest generally has much more accurate information.

Just my 2¢

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by AshleyD

So this thread has progressed to identify Science as the king daddy Sorcery!

(ok somewhat tongue and cheek)

That's really funny Bigwhammy!

What's really interesting about all this is that no one want's to consider the idea that everything we've talked about in this thread could be true. I mean we want to say that drug addiction is Sorcery, or drugs are used in Sorcery, or Sorcery is a type of drug, but I think all that is true and false. lol I was watching a doccumentary on the "Hippy" culture of the sixties and seventies. An interesting comment was made in it. Out of the drug abuse and communal living came the internet! Imagine that! lol Well indirectly anyway. Seems that two of the guys who were big time hippies and well known in that day went on to create the internet. Now we're all mezmerized by the damn thing!

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by enchantress62

See I learned something new again. Because I always thought Al Gore invented the internet. Wait a minute.... was Al Gore on of those hippies you're talking about?

Along those lines though, if we want to talk about mass hypnosis... the mesmerizing of a whole society; look no further than television. (well don't really look - I might lose you)

At least I am reading and writing and engaging on the internet. With TV it's flip the switch and drool...

excellent points enchantress

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

OMG! You are so right! One day my daugher and I found my Dad watching his usual Fox News, his Bible open on his lap. The look on his face was one of a man who was being brain washed. My Dad is a gentle sort, but on that day he began talking to us like we were dirt. I was shocked and told my daughter that we should film him in this state and send it to Fox News with a note saying, "Congradulations! You have successfully brain washed the masses!"

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
there is a conspiracy to suppress God.between human beings and apes , there is only 5% difference in the dna , but boy what a difference ! we have a highly developed cerebral cortex(commonly called the 'godhead') , perfectly designed for discerning our creator and feeling one with his creation....i did some research into the overly prescribed drugs such as xanax and halcion , they knew right from the inception of these drugs , that they were designed to be ZOMBIE-MAKERS.they are long-chain neuron superglues and they kill your cerebral cortex and rob you of your ability to make a sound judgement , or discern right from wrong and most of all they kill your ability to discern and commune with God.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I do get it.

You dont...but neither do I.

We are crossing each other in our post...thinking we know what the other is saying.
Again, its your freedom to feel you got me, but seeing the response I see you dont.

So, I suppose this is where we gently part ways -

English is funny. We speak it, understand it, but we understand it through our experiences and our grid system. We never really understand each other.

I will say I wish I could make myself clearer. But they say it is better to understand than to be understood. That is a blow to the ego, but I suppose thats a good thing.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

Fair enough... it just wasn't ever my primary intention to use this thread to discuss herb use and such. I wanted to discuss the translation problems with the Bible and how the words we have in our modern Bibles don't necessarily communicate what was intended by the original text.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphamom360
there is a conspiracy to suppress God.between human beings and apes , there is only 5% difference in the dna , but boy what a difference !

Viva la difference'

we have a highly developed cerebral cortex(commonly called the 'godhead') , perfectly designed for discerning our creator and feeling one with his creation...

1 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

.i did some research into the overly prescribed drugs such as xanax and halcion , they knew right from the inception of these drugs , that they were designed to be ZOMBIE-MAKERS.they are long-chain neuron superglues and they kill your cerebral cortex and rob you of your ability to make a sound judgement , or discern right from wrong and most of all they kill your ability to discern and commune with God.

Rev 18:23
The light of a lamp will never shine in you again. The voice of bridegroom and bride will never be heard in you again. Your merchants were the world's great men. By your magic spell all the nations were led astray.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I don't really see how we can see the medical use of these drugs as something we can compare to a natural substance that could be found in the Bible. Mental illness is getting worse and worse over time and there are people who need these drugs to live normal lives. Otherwise, we'll wind up with lots of people in horrible mental institutions suffering like they did in earlier days, who were hardly "off their rocker" (pardon the expression), but just didn't have anyone to take care of them.

Drug abuse is the problem and so is mental illness. There are thousands of homeless people on the streets due to both.

Sorry BW, I had to disagree with that one, but we're still friends

[edit on 3/6/08 by idle_rocker]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Everyone in this thread take notice of the tittle.

The Sorcery Conspiracy

Stick to the topic, or this Magus is going to rain red tags on all violators!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Well I certainly am not demonizing all drugs. But I think people are becoming desensitized to their spirits by becoming dependent on chemicals... that verse seemed appropriate to the comment.

It's like anything else I guess though, some people have a genuine need for stuff like xanax ie panic disorders and whatnot but a lot of people abuse them as well. Probably one of the most common. Mothers little helper by the Stones.

I have known several people who were severely addicted to valium and xanax. Believe me ts the worst addiction there is. The withdrawal is the worst of all drugs including alcohol and heroin.

I wonder what did people do for panic disorders before? I mean back 200 years ago? Or do you think panic disorders might a condition of the modern world?

[edit on 3/6/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by idle_rocker

I agree that some people need them -- I also think they are being over used.

Why do you think it is that mental illness is getting worse. Since we have all these great new medicines shouldn't it be getting better?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Two possibilities....we know more about it now and how to identify it, as well as the different types of mental illness...and

The world is a much more stressful place in which to live. We have to "work" at exercise now, where we used to get naturally through working...farming, etc.

And one more, and probably the most important. The world is in a state of decay from the fall, and as time passes, everything gets worse and worse. Birth pangs...if you will.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by idle_rocker

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Is that him? If it is...he booted me off my computer. And I thought it was the cat.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Well I certainly am not demonizing all drugs. But I think people are becoming desensitized to their spirits by becoming dependent on chemicals... that verse seemed appropriate to the comment.

It's like anything else I guess though, some people have a genuine need for stuff like xanax ie panic disorders and whatnot but a lot of people abuse them as well. Probably one of the most common. Mothers little helper by the Stones.

I have known several people who were severely addicted to valium and xanax. Believe me ts the worst addiction there is. The withdrawal is the worst of all drugs including alcohol and heroin.

I wonder what did people do for panic disorders before? I mean back 200 years ago? Or do you think panic disorders might a condition of the modern world?

I have known a lot of folks addicted to the benzo class also...and you're right, the withdrawal is horrible. But, I also know quite a few people with panic discorder and one with agoraphobia. They need their medicines and take them as prescibed and have no problems. However, it will probably be a life-long prescription.

Again, I do think they are diseases of the modern, stressful world.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Okay I have given warnings about going off track I see one page talking about drugs.
I see nothing about "The Sorcery Conspiracy" remember the subject of this thread. Get with the program people or the penalty's are going to be worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join