It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Smoking A Way Of "Control"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaadAdam
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

thats diffrent from the above post the chemichal type smoking is bad but if its a natural type thing i dont mind humans smoking that and alchole humans can make them selfs thay cant control us i make my own alchole @ home so i know its not controling

Shall I bring up AA, lots of domestic violence, families torn apart, innocent victoms killed on the road, lives destroyed....all involving of alcohol and the subsequent problems addiction to it causes.

Yes by all means ban cigarretes.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
except sometimes I buy Bali Shag, which is ground tobacco + rolling papers, so I can roll my own and know it is additive free.

Ehhhhh. Wishful thinking.

Rolling tobacco has additives in it. Heck, even the papers have additives in it. Less than the Philip Morris ready made brands, but still.

I´m growing my own tobacco now, this way I know for a fact that there are no additives (apart from the occaisional chem trail residue)

Hey, it´s still legal in Spain (AFAIK). In any case noone will know.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I just quit smoking three weeks ago. I smoked for 25 years.

Last night I was watching the news, and they came out with an electronic
cigarette . It uses a nicotine cartridge ( reminds me of my nicatrol inhaler I used to quit) , and it looks like a pen. It creates no smoke but when you exhale there is a thin water vapor. You can use it in bars and planes, because its not a smoking device and no nicotine is put into the air. It may be the new wave of the future. No second hand smoke.

I stopped smoking standard cigarettes when they started tasting funny about
5 years ago. Went to rollies. I unrolled a regular one only to find that about 1 in 4 cigarettes at the time had mold in the filler. All brands. It started with the cheap ones, then got into the regular brands, and it made me ill. Went to rollies ever since. Just quit though, as my irregular heart beat is acting up.

Mind control I doubt it. Can you imagine though if they tried to call martial law
no stores, no tobacco, the smokers will be out there first VERY angry! Probably the same reason why it is legal today. It would be worse that prohibition.

Ama

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If you can get them, american spirits are chemical additive free.

I smoked camels for ages and they seem to have just recently changed them, they taste more chemical-ish and give me migraines.
I switched to american spirits even though they cost more, and I find I am smoking less and waaaayy fewer headaches.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I don't get it. How does smoking control people?

I would be more concerned about how the MEDIA controls people!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
The government never does anything for our own good. Perhaps you should meditate on what their real motivation may be.

Spot on.

Why all the propaganda when the agenda is supposed to be a reduction of the population and smoking is supposed to be bad for you.

I read over here that

Has anyone you ever wondered b.t.w. what all the fuss is over the smoking? It´s not because it causes lung cancer or whatever, but rather nicotine activates a neural area in the brain called the mesolimbic system.

Guess what? This process directly interferes with the RFID chip´s neurotransmission capacities. And that is something that needs to be addressed. And that is why you cannot smoke.

Now THAT would be a very good reason for the powers that be to promote anti-smoking, but he´s Blackwater, so that´s probably misinfo too.

And when you give the government the right to ban all the things you don't like, don't be surprised when they start banning things you like.

star+

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Interesting he posted that in 2007, and last night on the news there was a story that said cell phones more dangerous that smoking.

Ama

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
Interesting he posted that in 2007, and last night on the news there was a story that said cell phones more dangerous that smoking.

Ama

Really? Because it causes tumors or something?

Sorry for the blatent off topic here, you may want to post that back to the other topic as I would like to know what that news item said...

Interesting, thanks..

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
It said that they now have studies that shows it causes brain cancer, and that risk is a lot higher after 10 years of use, and it said that three more people use cell phones to one smoker. It was just on out local news fox station here in AZ last night. The same news station that also was showing the electronic cigarette.

Ama

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Thought id just throw in my 2 cents iv been off the smokes for 4 days now lol i know thats nothing and i have a long way to go but we all gotta start somewhere.
It was after reading a great book entitled "The easy way to quit smoking" by Allen Carr that i relised just how stupid and pointless it is to smoke and why we are all so retarded and brainwashed and cant help but fall into the trap of smoking.
I had always thought that it would be too hard for me to quit and i didn't see the harm in smoking i always thought to myself id quit before it was to late considering i'm only 21 i thought i had a bit of time on my hands i really had no reason to quit then i started reading the book and i began to think logically about it and came to realize that there is no point in smoking and that we shouldn't have to go through life relying on something or hanging for something like a stupid little cancer stick.
Fair enough its our right to smoke and by smoking your standing up against the man and their laws and all but the facts are so simple its one of the leading killers in the world and there are alot of greedy old men most likely the same men you people here are trying to fight making a hell of a lot of money on a simple thing that no body truly needs it really is so simple.
i strongly urge that everyone trys to get there hands on this book doesnt matter if you are a smoker or non smoker it just makes a whole lotta sense to at least give it a read.
If any one wants a copy just u2u me your email address and ill happily send you a copy.

one last thing the electronic cigarettes are just retarded you cant even be cool and blow rings!

[edit on 3-4-2008 by fLANKED]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I am a smoker who resents my right to smoke infringed upon. It is probably one of the worst subjects with me and anyone who attacks my right of free choice diorectly or indirectly is asking for a fight. Many things will kill you in this world...dumb people who think they have a right to tell me what to do with my body in my space for example. I am sure Divorce Kills more men each year than smoking..bad drivers..stupid people with Logs In Their Own Eyes. This is a perfect example of where the police and prisons are a good thing..because, were it not for poilce and prisons, there are a number of people I would have put in the hospital for walking up to ask me not to smoke. """GET IT"" ? worry about the polution cars and jets and f-rting cause and leave us smoker alone. Did you know cows case the most greenhouse gas? Focus on the Cows ; /

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
reply to post by SaadAdam

I live in a refinery city. Which do you think is worse for me cigatettes or the air? Did you know that food additives and industrial chemicals can cause pancreatic cancer. Should we also ban fast food and industrial plants?

The government never does anything for our own good. Perhaps you should meditate on what their real motivation may be. And when you give the government the right to ban all the things you don't like, don't be surprised when they start banning things you like.

Actualy i am fine i dont everything most ppl eat i eat in between good and bad i know what i eat so i can control how i live some ppl are al ljunk and smoke and drink and drugs and all. There is a big diffrence and if u live in a bad area move i live in a nice place and wene someone smokes around me i say can u go kill ya self somewere else please its fine

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gluetrap

Originally posted by SaadAdam
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

thats diffrent from the above post the chemichal type smoking is bad but if its a natural type thing i dont mind humans smoking that and alchole humans can make them selfs thay cant control us i make my own alchole @ home so i know its not controling

Shall I bring up AA, lots of domestic violence, families torn apart, innocent victoms killed on the road, lives destroyed....all involving of alcohol and the subsequent problems addiction to it causes.

Yes by all means ban cigarretes.

Yeh i know alchole is bad also but depending how much of it u drink or if u know how to control it think about it smoking is bad one or 2 dont matter how much u are inhaling tar

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join