It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the members of AboveTopSecret.com, a gut-check

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Oh I seen I got a u2u and thought oh cool someone must love me, and it was only a mass u2...

**sniff...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of us love this community and especially the ideals of free expression that it represents. Your contributions to the vast knowledge base are as much a "labor of love" as our staff's efforts to maintain civility and order within a growing cauldron of chaos. We can assume your criticism is because you care, if you can assume our sometimes short-temper is also because we care... very deeply.

YES, I agree wholeheartedly! I love this place. I can't even begin to tell you the positive difference ATS has made in my life. I have and hold the greatest respect for what has been created on this site, and for ALL the staff that make it work so smoothly.

Thank you for allowing me to be a member of such a great site. I like it so much, I am actually protective of it... lol and it's not even my responsibility. How anal is that?

DEAL

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H
For someone who has just come off a posting ban...

Gotta ask- are you John Lear ?!

My gut tells me its time for lunch

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Maybe by me being a Brit the whole Regis Philbin "joke" went over my head...............anyone care to elaborate?.........or should i just quit while im a head ?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

NO im not john lear, why would i be?..........what you haveing for lunch?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachelor

Same here
One day...one day.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

His line when a question was posed was, "Is that your final answer."

I believe the show originated in the UK.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Everything makes sense to me.
Sounds like a deal.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Oh i see .........i think
.............boreing fact: yes who wants to be a millionire did start in the UK and, the British host a Mr Chris Tarrent used to be a teacher in my old school ...........he used to sleep in his van outside the school he was so broke ....how ironic lol

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Skeptic Overlord, ATS Management.

ATS is testament that people are indeed, finally waking up to the alternative truths that has been so cleverly hidden from their normal day to day lives.

In a world where knowledge generally comes at cost, ATS membership must surely be ranked as priceless.

BRAVO! The ATS Management & Community takes the lead in Denying Ignorance and letting the truth be heard.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
That is hilarious intrepid I cant wait my chance too to be a millionaire..I was reflecting over everything here on ATS and the wonderful people (and occasionaly not so wonderful) . I often wondered about the hostility on the other sites when ATS was mentioned (later I discovered comments frombanned ex members). Allegations from just a bunch of debunkers to CIA and so forth. Perhaps this graph from Alexa will explain Skeptics reason for changes as well as some if not most of the acrimony we encounter as we travel outside ATS. Its a 3 year summary of growth. Note that C2C backed up with its Premier Radio network was once king of the hill..then in 2007 something happened..ATS overcame and passed them who knows why....I think it was better and broader material making it a real thinkers site.IMO as well as " the drudge report" of ufology science and conspiracy theories.
note Unknown country and Earthfiles..they are at very bottom and their closeness in numbers probably says more IMO about their relationship then anything else.
So that would explain my experiences as well as why we must change to meet the demands..of a hungry audience ..so they leave satiated..and not empty handed as the "other" sites did..IMHO on all the issues..

enjoy!

[edit on 29-2-2008 by Sys_Config]

OMF is not listed simply because it never showed up on the radar screen..too bad..thats where I met some of the exmembers I mentioned.
All I can suggest is..keep digging!
and ATS keep it coming!!

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Excellent thread.....deal.

Been here just over a month, post on ATS / BTS, involved in the writing competiton, and looking into the election stuff... have met some great people....and its free....yeah, I know, I cant believe it either.

And loving every minute of it....

For the mods, we dont want an "us and them" site, I like the fact you guys join in with the threads, competitions etc....you are appreciated, even if we forget to tell ya...

Regards,

JQ.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

ATS feels like home to me. It's family. I haven't been posting much lately, but when I call on ATS, it's here for me. I love you guys! I mean it!
\

And, yeah, it's a deal.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It is like family. Incredible how a cybershop could invoke such feelings.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hi.

Since this thread probably has admin attention, saving me having to create a new thread for this, I'd just like to ask a question here.

Why can I no longer view post history on a member's profile page (including my own) ?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Comatose

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Search button, man

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

I did search for it.

And thanks.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by Comatose]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

enjoies, could you explain to the folks how you do that? That includes me. It would be helpful.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Well...I type in something like..."post button gone" and click "search" and the answer comes up...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
A deal is a covenant. You have mine.

I might attempt to say that this is just the beginning of challenges. As a futurist and cultural anthro-philosopher (whatever the heck that is), I see ATS is at the beginning of the first real attempt at a new form collective awareness for the whole planet. We are evolving and accelerating as a species. Many fish growing legs.

Thanks for the escalator!

We will not even recognize ATS in 5 years I predict. Demand for growth and implementation for new and greater technology will mushroom and transform, including the need for many more good people as yourselves.

You guys do the best we have ever seen. The Google" of social networks?? Hopefully the budget too eventually. (I want stock!).

My support is a given.

ZG

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join