It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

strange bunker on outskirts of Area 51

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
it may have already been seen or discussed but i was flying around google earth looking at area 51 at work today and when i went just northeast of the main part of the base I noticed something in the mountain so i zoomed in to these coordinates

37°27'0.62"N 115°44'43.38"W

only to find what looks to be a bunker in the mountain... but why so far from the main part of the base... i mean, walking on foot from racheal, NV you could hike through the mountain to that point from the north... i believe there are no roads up there that any 'camo guy jeeps' could track you but there is a dirt road leading from the main part of the base to the spot and there are what appears to be turn around roads right at the entrance to the bunker in the mountain. any thoughts or theory's... i mean if its intended to be so far away... could be waste storage possibly? but if its not that then what would they store so far from 'home'




posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by darthdescendent
 


I'm not sure what about that image makes you think its a bunker?

sure there is a little building the size of a garage there, but i don't see any blast doors, or air handling anywhere near it - it could just be a weather station, or a geological survey...

and i've just found this, which suggests what you are seeing is comms gear...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1/3/08 by rat256]



posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by darthdescendent
it may have already been seen or discussed but i was flying around google earth looking at area 51 at work today and when i went just northeast of the main part of the base I noticed something in the mountain so i zoomed in to these coordinates

37°27'0.62"N 115°44'43.38"W

only to find what looks to be a bunker in the mountain... but why so far from the main part of the base... i mean, walking on foot from racheal, NV you could hike through the mountain to that point from the north... i believe there are no roads up there that any 'camo guy jeeps' could track you but there is a dirt road leading from the main part of the base to the spot and there are what appears to be turn around roads right at the entrance to the bunker in the mountain. any thoughts or theory's... i mean if its intended to be so far away... could be waste storage possibly? but if its not that then what would they store so far from 'home'


If you pan a little further east, to the top of the peaks, you will see Bald Mountain Radar Station 1 and 2. The "bunker" might be associated that - some type of fuel cell for power perhaps?

37°27'0.89"N, 115°44'4.59"W

[edit on 1-3-2008 by FosterVS]



posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
i see the comm station at the top of the mountain i just find it odd that there is so much road for turn around and such for something as small as a geo survey station or comm's gear... plus there are no lines going up the mountain unless underground of course but it just seems to me that if bald mountain comm station isn't part of area 51 then what i was looking at is due to the fact that the road goes right to the base itself... just seems a bit more then what you suggested but i could be wrong im not about to argue anyone on this... just wanted to post what i found.

thanks for the replies



posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by darthdescendent
 


i agree there does seem to be a lot of road, but what i don't see is anything that actually looks like a tell tale bunker...

i guess thats the closest access for anyone needing to get to the towers on the top as well, which might explain it.



posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
According to the ufomind.com website, Bald Mountain is serviced via helicopter. I haven't seen this done. No one talks about how the fuel for the facility is delivered. That building may be the end of the line for the ground crew.

The road may be wide to make things more manageable for winter travel. Often in Nevada they use a tracked vehicle to make it to the top of these high altitude repeater sites. On the ufomind.com website, there is mention of a tracked vehicle, which I assumed was to reach the top of Halligan Mesa.

If you have ever tried to climb Tikaboo too soon in the year, you can see how these mountain tops have their own microclimate. Not simply colder, but also a higher moisture content



posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
That building might be something to do with testing RCS or ELINT gear perhaps? They'd need a nice little isolated spot to keep away from all the electronic crap in the air at Groom I presume.



posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DeltaNine
 


The building is in the shadow of air traffic control radar (Bald Mountain), so that would rule out any weak signal systems.



posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I don't like you, that's the second post of mine today you've discredited! :p



posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
i've never even seen a51. anyone want to "risk" getting really really close?



posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'm somewhat convinced the straight road leading up the hill toward the "shack" is a power line road. You see these a lot in the desert. No matter how insane the route, they can route the wire. So maybe the shack is a substation.

www.lazygranch.com/temp/bmpls.kmz
marks what may be power poles. The resolution is not very good on google earth in that area.



posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
does anyone know the coordinates to the 6 ish ufo bunkers near area 51?



posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nzldude
does anyone know the coordinates to the 6 ish ufo bunkers near area 51?


Are you referring to the UFO hangers at S-4 as claimed by Bob Lazar?



posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
yeah, im sure that it was operational till a few years back.



posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nzldude
yeah, im sure that it was operational till a few years back.


Really? Well here is exactly where Lazar claims the S4 hangars are/were:

Notice there are no access roads, trails, etc. No sign of any activity. Considering he claimed he was taken from A51 to this site by a bus with blacked out windows, how could said bus get there minus a road - unless of course it is that secret anti-gravity bus... Frankly I think Lazar is full of crap. However I am sure there are a multitude of Lazar threads here on ATS.



posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
oh well thanks for the info man.
i've heard that there are some bunkers near area 51 that house some of the more 'need to know' technology but had no hard evidence of the fact



posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS
 


Foster, nice pic to discredit lazar. i am always on the fence about lazar, but it seems the more info that comes out, the harder it gets to buy into him. what are the coordinates for lazar's site? Id love if someone could show lazar that pic and just capture the blank stare look that would inevitably be on his face.



posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by FosterVS
 


Foster, nice pic to discredit lazar. i am always on the fence about lazar, but it seems the more info that comes out, the harder it gets to buy into him. what are the coordinates for lazar's site? Id love if someone could show lazar that pic and just capture the blank stare look that would inevitably be on his face.


Sorry, I should have put the coordinates in my post.
37°6'51.92"N 115°50'19.13"W

I saw a document or picture or something at some point (on Lazar's website I believe) that showed the general area, and S-4 is known to be south of the A51 base, so it was quite easy to pinpoint the spot.

"Id love if someone could show lazar that pic and just capture the blank stare look that would inevitably be on his face."

Considering what I have seen on GE in the Netherlands (see "GoogleMaps: bad job at hiding 'sensitive information' guys.... (picture)" thread) I guess it would be fairly easy to obscure the details in that area. Might be interesting to have a look at some other satellite photos pre-GE to see any differences.



posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS
 


hi there,

can you please explain a little more on what you meant re:the subject of GE in Holland ??

thanks

snoopyuk



posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS
 


I could of sworn I saw a pre GE photo of the S-4 area... might have been supplied by Lazar himself, with a distinct road that leads to nothing. Thats what kept me on the fence about him. I ll try looking for it today. In you picture I looked where the road would have been and it seems to look like a faint trail but not a road, could easily be photo shopped though, who knows. I'll lean on the side of caution however...



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join