It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alister Crowley denyed as a legitimate Mason

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
[Quote from Masonic info.com...]

Crowley joined a French Grand Lodge which was unrecognized by 'mainstream' Freemasonry and, in fact, was apparently quite miffed when he failed to be acknowledged as a Mason by those in London, his home at the time. Subsequently, he was 'given' a 33rd Scottish Rite degree while traveling in Mexico. Again, the organization which gave him that degree was a spurious one, totally unrecognized by other Scottish Rite Bodies throughout the world.

In fact, as an interesting side note to history, Crowley's 33rd Degree had come from the same expelled Mason that began a thriving industry of duping people through the purchase of degrees by mail and which ultimately resulted in the successful prosecution of the very first legal action for mail fraud in the United States. A further side note is that Crowley's organization - the OTO - was founded by a person who had joined Freemasonry but was a member for less than a couple of years before being dropped from the rolls

www.masonicinfo.com...

Perhaps Masons are not elite satanist after all here at Masonic info they emphatically deny Alister Crowley having ever been a legitimate Mason. Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I had a thread similar where I was asking about this. You might find some info here.

The Hermetic Order of The Golden Dawn

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Very interesting. Lately the masons have been very concerned about their image around the world.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Well they may have lost popularity with a lot of people with all the garbage that is on the on the interenet about them.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Very interesting. Lately the masons have been very concerned about their image around the world.

Why be concerned? Anyone who had half a brain would have known that Crowley was no freemason. It was a simple fact that could be gleaned by anyone if they ever bothered to check Crowley's history. Conspiracy theorists hear the word freemasonry and automatically assume that Crowley was a member of recognised masonry without ever knowing that there are hundreds of groups out there who use the word.
It's the so-called "Masonic Researchers", who don't check their facts, who are the people who spread a false image.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Freemasonry should rightly be concerned with its image around the world.

Membership is reducing through natural attrition, with older members dying off and fewer young men taking their place. The same as for most service clubs, benevolent or fraternal organisations.

Younger men have too much on, like work then sitting in front of the idiot box or Playstation while their wives bring them their sixpack one by one, to be concerned about relating to other men, bettering themselves, or contributing to their community.

Competition for leisure time certainly does require rethinking of a staid old image.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I love that new mask MA that is hellarious. .

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by TgSoe]

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
I had a thread similar where I was asking about this. You might find some info here.

The Hermetic Order of The Golden Dawn

Thanks I forgot about that one. That was on a couple of months ago wasn't it?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Alister Crowley is a mason if I ever saw one...

Alister Crowley was a philanthropist and Historian.
He studyed all religions, including our very own Satanic study..
Which was created by my grandfather might I add?
He wrote many books on Religion..
and was probley not accepted by the freemasons only because he was
attempting to write a book about thier beliefs.
The Freemasons were always against their "church" being exposed.
Read 'The Seekers of Truth' about a specific freemason sect. that
attempted to get the Celtic Religion brought too Light...

And since when have we desided to thrash on ol'Crowley?
I believe you are attacking Mr Crowley only because you find that which
he offers(esoteric knowledge) to be threatening and un-american..
When in fact our original fore fathers were pagans...
George Washington, Alexander Hamilton,John Quincy Adams, James Monroe, Betsy Ross(who created the american flag, with the five pointed star.)
Never knock on someone whom who you dont know, just because you dont believe in what they do.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by THEWORLDISSATANS

When Brother Washington took his first oath as President of The United States he added a four word proclomation that has indured to this day, 'So help me God.' Notice it is singular; George Washinton was a Diest, not a pagan. I would also like to see you present evidence supporting your assertions of the others mentioned in your post.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Pardon, I was meaning Pentragram pagans, n0t the Celts..
I should have made more clear..

I am Smart.

S-Mart.

And now a word from some winy dude..

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by THEWORLDISSATANS

Yu meant pentagram pagans but not Celts/ What? What doe sthat have to do with your earlier post?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

George Washington was a great general who knew how to keep their hands warm!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Straighten Arrow

I have absolutely no idea what you meant be the second part of that sentence. Can you elaborate please?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Most pagans are Celts...
But then theres the Illuminati and thier Satanic Pentagram..
The illuminati and the pentagram are most known as being pagan...
But in actuallity they have nothing to do with the Celts...
When I called it pagan I was meaning Satanic, and not celtic..
As is now acceptable, because of the miss-nomer..

Thank you. [snip]

Moderator note:
Civility & Decorum are Expected
Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 16-4-2008 by dbates]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The Pentagram that the Illuminati uses..
Is my grandfathers creation..
The Pentagram was something known as an esoteric knowledge.

Durring the 1700s when the Pentragram was Created, the Christians were a huge force... The Salem witch trials dident hapen till mid-1800s, and anyone who was spouting non-christian beliefs would have been killed..
So many times when something could not be said outloud in society it was hidden, using Symbols and Hyroglyphs...(esotericlly)

The Pentagram is mearly a tool for recognizing that which exists in life, with one irregularity(especialy for those days
that the existence of a god can not be found within the Pentagram..

So those who worshiped the symbol were mearly practiceing a very early version of Athiesm... Kinda Cool Huh?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
lol?
During the 1700 hundreds when the pentragram was created?
So back when judaism was founded or the pyramids were built we did not know how to make a star?

About the early atheism part i would like to see some emperical sources.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tetragrammaton
lol?
During the 1700 hundreds when the pentragram was created?

I was thinking the same thing. The Pentagram seems to have been first used in an esoteric fashion by the ancient Greek philosopher Pythagoras, a few years before the 1700's.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I would dare to say it's way older than that, perhaps as old as the sphinx, might even be older...

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Tetragrammaton]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I meant the pentagram that the Illuminati uses...

L,L,K,W,P

As for empirical sources; I am an empirical source.. As I am Illuminati..
And as it is, my Grandfathers creation.. And that I have studied it with help.

But I wont share its potential.

Its something perhaps you should figure out yourself...

new topics

<<   2 >>

join