It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Christian (even about the paranormal)

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Isn't there some passage in the Bible that says something like "You will want the mountain to fall on you (as in trying to hide?)....." I can't remember the rest of it, and it may have been in Revelations but I cannot find it by a google search. Thought you might know what I am talking about.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
Isn't there some passage in the Bible that says something like "You will want the mountain to fall on you (as in trying to hide?)....." I can't remember the rest of it, and it may have been in Revelations but I cannot find it by a google search. Thought you might know what I am talking about.

Ya, candidly I didn't remember but was able to look it up:

"Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and every slave and every free man hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?" - Revelation 6:15-17

It has to do a lot with the coming judgement, the day of reckoning at hand. Basically at this time, people will remember or see what all their sins have caused. It's an ugly thing I'm sure. If you can, close your eyes and try to remember every mistake that you've ever made, every selfish decision, every time you didn't do the right thing, every time you had even the slightest of evil thought. Now imagine someone whom you love and consider a good person see every bit of it. This is why grace, being saved, is so important. Though there is that ugly painting of our wrongs, Christ takes an eraser every wrong mark and blotch until all that's left is a beautiful picture.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
If you are saved, your sins are "dead" with Christ, right? If you are saved, will your past sins be revealed anyway? That part always stays a little murky with me; Won't we all be judged, whether we are saved or not?

P.S. thank you for finding that passage, it has been running thru my head and I could not for the life of me remember what it was exactly about.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

If you are saved, your sins are "dead" with Christ, right? If you are saved, will your past sins be revealed anyway?

This is a good question. At first I thought "no" but after reviewing a passage that says all will come before the judgement seat, I began to wonder myself. I think all sins will be revealed so that believers will see what they've missed and learn from them.

That part always stays a little murky with me; Won't we all be judged, whether we are saved or not?

I don't believe the saved will be judged per Christ's saying here "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." - Luke 6:37 which would be different than having our sins revealed. I think we can guess how the judgement would've gone knowing the full weight of our sins.

P.S. thank you for finding that passage, it has been running thru my head and I could not for the life of me remember what it was exactly about.

Glad it was a help, sorry it took so long getting back to ya.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

I don't think the assumption was that the OP had more knowledge than anyone else, just a different perspective.

One thing I learned early on in my religious search is that Christianity is an extremely broad term....one that encompasses a lot of different faiths. Catholic, Protestant, Eastern Orthodox, Presbyterianism, Methodism, Calvinism, Baptist, Episcipalian, Mormonism, etc....all of these have different "versions," if you will. Many also have different Bibles; for example, there is the Apocrypha, Pseudo-Apocrypha, Pearl of Great Price, etc.

Perhaps by earnest dialogue with all faiths, we can learn more together?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Never ask a question to a christian unless you are ready from a sermon from the blind

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join