It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry in Afghanistan - A Publicity Stunt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Seeing Harry walking up a empty street with a gun, no one around him searching for taliban, seeing him firing a turret gun into the distance, then seeing him strategically submitting a target call to plane, well to me it all seems like another ploy to make us think he is actually fighting in a war?

Do you really think they would let him walk a street that has not been checked 10 times over and probably has a 10 mile perimeter of SAS troops around so no one can get close.

With the numbers of fresh recruits into the armed forces at an all time low, increases in the number of soldiers going AWOL, combined with fighting a hugely unpopular war that is losing its support amongst the masses, ask yourself if all these images of super soldier Harry are the real deal? or simply to boost the morale of the armed forces and gain support for a phoney war?

Whats to say he was only there for a few hours whilst the propaganda machine from the MOD took a few reels of film of the boy heroically battling the taliban?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Attari

One wonders - if he just flew to see the troops and the empty fields of afghan. - take a few camera shots - leak that harry is fighting in afghan. and go home as he is in danger now - LOL...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
well they just pulled him out for good due to all of the media attention. Or as they put it "foreign media" attention.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
No one's talking conspiracy here.

And no regiments are being made to lie.

If Harry was only there for a couple of days to have the films and photos done....no ones saying he wasnt there.

One things for sure, he was not in Afghanistan when the news broke.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I completely agree, I think it's serving as an image change for him. Harry had a bad reputation before, then after this the news were reporting him as being a hero which I believe is untrue.

As far as I know all news reporters couldn't report on him while he was there and footage of him was supposed to be aired after he had returned back to the UK, why would they let one news agency which hadn't signed some kind of confidentuality report film Harry if they didn't want a leak?

Every other day a soldier dies in Afghan/ Iraq and get a 5 second mention in the news, Harry gets around 5 mins which is totally unacceptable (IMO), I believe he has fired a gun inside a base, or has walked down a deserted street which is most likely guarded by SAS or something similar. He isn't a hero and hasn't achieved any new respect from me.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
What I did find sickening was Gordon Broon on the news saying we owe him a debt of gratitude... for what eaxctly?

Still, a few days in Afghanistan shooting at peasants with a 50 calibre was probably a welcome break from shooting pheasants back home with a 12 bore.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I saw this on a news report on the TV and to me what i saw was 3 film crews and a pampered member of the royal family having a holiday.

This is another publicity stunt when the reality on the ground is that drug production in afghanistan is at an all time record high, and the british and american occupiers are sitting ducks who don't have a clue where they are going next!

I think the fact everyone seems to have overlooked is that Harry over in Afghanistan is the biggest publicity stunt.

*for the war effort

*for the army recruiters

*for him

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
OMG this is soo true....

If harry is feeling all brave than now is the time to stay in the Helmand province and face real enemy with real guns.

Its soo funny though soon as the news was out he decided to chicken out aswel...

Awww poor harry tryna impress the galz LOL

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
yeah, i bet it is all publicity...he was and is in no danger.
The war is created by those at top and ends when those at top say it ends.

The worker ants just pull the triggers until then.

Peace

dAlen

new topics

top topics

join