It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does E.T. mean the end of religion ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
There are many sons and daughters of God throughout the multiverse who have been in physical existence a lot longer than we have and hence have a fuller understanding of our Creator than we have. We will have much to learn from them. Their teachings will not contradict the Word of God but will enhance it. However there are entities who will attempt to deceive us and lead us away from the Truth. In order to discern the difference we must turn to prayer(communion with God) and look to His Written Word which he so lovingly gave us to be used as a reference point. I believe our Creator manifested Himself in physical form on many different worlds to give understanding of Himself to His creations. It's important to keep in mind however that we all have been in existence in spirit form with our Creator since the Beginning therefore all intelligently created beings are the same age spiritually. Beings who have existed longer physically than we have simply have a larger knowledge base to draw from than we do. In our spirit bodies we will/do all know Him in full.

[edit on 1-3-2008 by MsSmartypants]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants
We are all sons and daughters of God but God does make a distinction of Jesus being " the only begotten Son of God". I'm not going to pretend I understand what that distinction is but it is a distinction. Is it not possible that the Spirit of God decided to be born/manifested in a physical body to make Himself more easily understood by that particular intelligent lifeform, whether human or something/someone else?

Yes I suppose that's possible, as opposed to people like Jesus being special hybrids placed here by ET.

But still, I think there are many, many more of these special beings than only one! In our own history and on many other planets as well

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Yes our Creator took many physical forms throughout the multiverse but it is the same Spirit in each. The differences in the physical manifestations are not important.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by igor_ats

thanks for your post...but..

Originally posted by easynow Oh yeah, thats right the "Sons of God came down and went into the daughters of Man, bearing unto them children"

i think you got your wires crossed somewhere because i never said this.

ok i found it, but it wasnt me that said it... it was Quazga on page two and the reply was directed at you.

It'd be interesting how each denominations theological authorities think about this, but I can't find any links on what their official positions are on this matter.

your not going to find this info because it would start the confusion process among the sheeple.

I think God ommissing any more info on our Alien brothers is bordering on deception.

well i believe the Bible was written by men at a time when they percieved themselves as Gods only creation and the universe revolved around this creation.

it is possible that they may have not included some things because maybe they didnt understand certain things ?...i dont know just a guess

Sorry, this goodwill ambassdor thingy where all religions have mutual respect as equals cos "basically they're the same" has no real world support.

there maybe some big differences in religious beliefs as of today but if E.T. shows up those differences will have no choice but to get alot smaller

[edit on 1-3-2008 by easynow]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

thanks for your post

There really are several sources of infomation to clearly define that "the aliens" are "spritiual beings". This included texted documentation.

not to be insulting but this imo is a very narrow minded way of thinking.

so are you telling me that its impossible to have an extraterrestrial biological entity that is flesh and bone and not a spiritual being ?

he Aliens are not an end. They are the next step.

im sorry but if E.T. shows up and says there is no God and i made you in a test tube...it will be the end

it really depends on what aliens show up...imho... and you have know way of knowing wich ones will.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Funny observation. What if, however, we woke up one morning and there was scientific proof, beyond question, that there actually is no afterlife. Not a person on this planet, from the world leaders, to the pope, not one can show proof that life of any kind exists after death. We can use our imaginations and our will to believe anything we want. I truly believe that there is a pre-destined pattern while we're on this planet. But to live to die is wasting a life. The brain is an amazing work of art. People don't or can't comprehend the electrical impulses they carry. Example: fifty people from church are asked to "pray" for only half of a group of people that are ill. A month later, the people that were prayed for improved dramatically over the ones that were given proper medical treatment. Was that proof that God does answer prayers, or simply that the electrical impulses the church-goers sent out, emitted, as it were, might have been what caused half of the ill to do better. I, like every human on this planet, have my own beliefs as far as an "afterlife" goes. I simply don't think there is one. I don't know if religion is a "red herring" to distract people from truly enjoying the life their given here. I have done my own survey by asking random people,ie, church-goers, layman, corporate people, etc. this simple question: "What would keep you from killing the person you hate most in this world". I always got the same answer. "I don't want to spend the rest of my life in prison"..........excuse me!!! What happened to "because its a sin", "because God forbids it". Nothing that pertained to this ever so precious belief in God they had. That was interesting to me. Maybe religion was invented for people of weak character. They need to cling to something other then their fellow man. More people have been killed in the name of religion then any other. Bush is killing for oil. Muslims, shiites, sunis, etc. are killing because of their extreme belief in their God. Yet Bush professes to be extremely religious. Would any God really want these people on his side? Especially a God that professess to be one hundred percent love? Is God nothing more then an excuse for people to justify their actions? No answers. Never will be.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
P.S. As far as aliens are concerned. Is it a coincidence that millions of years on this planet, and only since area 51 was discovered were we able to evolve as far and as fast as we have.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The arrival of aliens will not end religion. There are zealots that still deny evolution despite the overwhelming evidence, and there are people who will still believe no mater what evidence appears. Some people have become so dependant on religion to give their life meaning and purpose that they'd rather die than give up their beliefs. The idea that everything they have lived for has been a lie is too much for some people to cope, they see life without religion as a cold and lonely place.

Only two things can end religion, education and mental welfare.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants
We are all sons and daughters of God but God does make a distinction of Jesus being " the only begotten Son of God". I'm not going to pretend I understand what that distinction is but it is a distinction. Is it not possible that the Spirit of God decided to be born/manifested in a physical body to make Himself more easily understood by that particular intelligent lifeform, whether human or something/someone else?

Actually, the Spirit of God decided (and continues) to be born/manifested in ALL of us. One of the most bothersome ideas for me is that Jesus was called THE Son of God when in fact he was A Son of God. Like you said "we are all sons and daughters of God". Religion has taught us that "the body is the temple of God" because in each and every one of us lives a small part of the spirit of God.

That said I believe Jesus was uniquely sent to us no not by ETs, but by God or Source him/itself, with a special mission to remind us all of our divinity. I believe we are indeed all divine we just need to be reminded now and then because after leaving God/Source to come to Earth we tend to forget our past, kind of like a birth defect. It's possible that Jesus was given the unique ability to remember his 'past', to manipulate matter and to see beyond our 3 dimensional world. In the end after the crucifiction Jesus was able to increase the vibrational frequency of his body and transend.

Will we ever be able to harness these divine powers too? According to the Mayan calendar we may find out in less than 5 years...

With all of that said I do believe ETs have interfered in our past. Have a look at this document from The Raelians. Intelligent Design - Message from the Designers It's a document detailing their interference using the Bible as a reference, from the uniquely Raelien point of view. An interesting read either way.

I believe there are two very big destinctions between "God/Source/Spirit" and "Extra Terrestrials"....though ETs have pretended to be "God" in the past it does not negate the existence of God or a need to understand the spiritual nature of life...

[edit on 1-3-2008 by mightymouth]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by patnmike

We evolved into what is considered as modern man roughly 200,000 years ago, since that time the Human species has evolved relatively little. Civilisation only stated developing 10,000 years ago, and since then Human development has increased exponentially as new discoveries are made. There have been periods in Human history where development actually took a step backwards, such as the Dark Ages (caused by monotheistic religion). The explosive level of development Humanity has experienced in the past century or so can be attributed to greater education and enhanced freedom for the general population. Area 51 has nothing to do with this.

Please note that Human development and evolution are two very different things.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
...sorry double double posted...

[edit on 1-3-2008 by mightymouth]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mightymouth
It's possible that Jesus was given the unique ability to remember his 'past', to manipulate matter and to see beyond our 3 dimensional world. In the end after the crucifiction Jesus was able to increase the vibrational frequency of his body and transend.

Will we ever be able to harness these divine powers too? According to the Mayan calendar we may found out in less than 5 years...

How was Jesus able to have those enhanced abilities while living in a human body? By having very advanced DNA....

How did he get that advanced DNA? Either it was simply a fluke or a "miracle", the Spirit of God simply willed it to happen - or he was given that advanced DNA by other advanced beings.

Which possibility really seems more plausible? A hybrid program, or a completely inexplicable miracle?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

Good point!

However, I don't think our DNA is any different than Jesus' DNA except for one simple thing, that part of our DNA has not been 'activated' yet. While I won't go as far as to say that it's 'junk DNA' I'd like you to have a look at this very well researched and presented blog:

...there has been some discussion about how that 90% of our DNA may actually interface with a fifth, as yet unseen dimension. Perhaps it is performing tasks that are not yet readily identifiable because of the limitations in our present ability to understand the physics involved.

It has been proposed by some scientific thinkers that the junk DNA is in fact a master cylinder, so to speak, that runs the rest of the DNA and tells it what to do, instructs it how to perform. In this way it would operate much like the subconscious, or perhaps the superconscious, in interfacing with a reality which we cannot yet distinguish in our “day to day” world.

Could the strange, intelligent signals emanating from the center of our galaxy, the Hunab Ku, be a cause of the weather and other changes we are experiencing here on Earth today? Will these intelligent, energetic bursts of consciousness from Hunab Ku increase in number and intensity as we approach the year 2012? Are they of an ancient cosmic spiritual nature, setting the stage for the change to a new cosmic paradigm in our Milky Way Galaxy? I believe that the ancient Mayan cosmologists would most likely answer in the afirmative... Yes indeed - change is coming very soon.

(You can read the whole article here: digitalizmo.blogspot.com... )

If this 'junk' part of our DNA is activated by something deep in the center of our galaxy, by the Hunab Ku, ETs may have absolutely nothing to do with it...though they may hold the key to understadning it.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

The bible says that we were made in gods image, but what if the E.T.'s looked nothing like us but were light years ahead of us technologically.Then what would you believe, that god made them as just another resource for us to take advantage of just like what we're doing with every other species on this planet?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightworth
I tend to believe the reason why the nonhumans haven't arrived yet (if they ever do) is along the line of an adage I heard recently: They can look at the animals in the zoo, but that doesn't mean they want to get in their cages.

Too many rigid, doctrinaire people - religious AND secular - are impeding progress. Here's wishing beyond what words can express that a breakthrough can happen in spite of the insanity.

Alot of people compare us to a zoo, but i don't like to think of it that way. We build structures, we build roads, cars, and other means of transportation. Computers etc etc. Animals such as cows, birds, cats etc simply don't compare to us. We are far more intelligent in design. We evolve and have been evolving technologically. There is a HUGE difference between Humans and other life forms on this planet. To say we are mere animals in a cage is an insult to Human Kind imo.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'd be willing to bet that more a few people on Earth would just want to change and believe whatever religion/belief system E.T.'s have since they are more advanced than us. They'd look up to them like a parent or elder.

then there is the flip side in which we journey to other worlds(before its ever proven aliens have been here). You can bet any other life we come into contact at that point will get an earful about Earths religions. It will suck to be them IMO

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomThought

All animals evolve. Granted being Human sets us apart from other animals, however many people reject the qualities that make us human, which makes them nothing but animals. What's the difference between a religious person and a dog? A dog can obey his master, a dog can do tricks, a dog can be caring, a dog can put itself in harm's way for it's master, a dog can be social, and a dog will love it's master even through cruelty and neglect. A dog isn't even the most intelligent of non-human animals.

In the known universe there are trillions of galaxies, each with billions to trillions of stars, each with the possibility of multiple planets, each with the possibility of having a diverse range of intelligent and unintelligent life. In the grand scale of things Humanity isn't even a speck on the map. As a species we aren't special, and we never will be while the majority of humanity is determined to behave worse than animals.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Why are you all so ready to believe that whatever the "aliens" might tell us about God and our origins will be the truth? Wouldn't that make you the "sheeple" just with a different shepherd? As I said earlier there will be some entities that will try to deceive us so it's important that we pray (have communion with our Creator) and consult His Written Word that He gave us to use as a reference point. The aliens and/or interdimensional beings that are truthful will not contradict God's word but enhance and amplify it. We may have received a "God's Word for DUMMIES" version because we haven't been around long enough in a physical form as some of God's other sons and daughters and they will give us the advanced edition when we're ready for it.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

Unfortunately most people are easily influenced, the prevalence of religion is a testament to that.

I personally don't take anybody's word without evidence to back it up, however I would sooner believe a real tangible entity than a illogical fairytale.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gofunk

As my screen name may imply, I am not given to rash decisions. It has taken me years (not that many) of observation, experiences and searching to come to my beliefs. However if the Truth should turn out to be different from my beliefs them of course I will change them accordingly but not without much thought and examination first. I am a "knowitall" and not easily influenced by others. Have you examined where your beliefs or lack of stemmed from? Perhaps you were influenced by someone else'es lack of belief and took it as the truth.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join