It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Cult Predicts End Of The World In July 2008!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

UFO Cult Predicts End Of The World In July 2008!

www.shortnews.com

The Church of the SubGenius has announced that the end of the world will take place when alien visitors arrive on Saturday, July 5, 2008.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
"Church of the SubGenius"....lol....I like how they say 'clothing optional', like any half-decent woman would even show up to a UFO apocalypse event.

www.shortnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think the name of the church says it all:

The Church of the SubGenius

Besides July 5th doesnt work for me.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
from your link

Church founder J.R. "Bob" Dobbs predicted in 1953 that the alien attack would take place on July 5th, 1998. Each year since 1998, the Church has repeated its prophecy with the added statement, "the calendar is wrong and this year is really 1998."

that's classic

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
UFO Cult?

These guys are honestly silly. Theyre not a UFO cult.
These guys are kind of like offshoots of the Discordians and inspired by the fictional The Illuminatus! Trilogy by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson. Theyre esentially an Absurd Parody of Scientology.

Really, Fnord!

So this really shouldnt be in the breaking alternative news forum. Satire is normally not news.

[edit on 29/2/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Youd think they hop on the 2012 bandwagon by now. july 5 2008 2012 whatever end the world i dont care.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
July 5th eh? I'm guessing the aliens must be counting on the fact that most Americans will be either asleep, hung over or still drunk from partying it up on the 4th.....smart move. If I was going to attack, I would also try and do it the day after a holiday....but I think I would choose January 1st. Better chance of more people being to hung over around the whole world to resist.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
They will eventually fail in their cause to prove it because it won't happen and when the time passes in their wrong preditions I think they will no longer exist and another group will form else where to predict 2020 first contact.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Look here:

en.wikipedia.org...

The Church encourages humor, comedy, parody, and satire far more than most religious faiths. This belief is probably why the Church is seen on one level as an elaborate joke (the Church argues that if it is a joke, then it is "a very serious joke" and "a joke that you can believe in"), an arguably postmodern mockery of organized religion, and a parody of controversial religious groups and cults, especially Scientology and Evangelicalism (evangelical, or fundamentalist, Protestantism, and "televangelism"), to those unfamiliar with the church. Almost nothing is considered off-limits to comedy in SubGenius circles, and the group's jokes often veer into the realm of bad taste. The Book of the SubGenius says: "If you don't laugh, you didn't get it, but if you ONLY laugh, you didn't get it." Church members frequently pull practical jokes on each other, even as they are using their comedic talents to other ends.

"The central belief in the Church is the pursuit of Slack"

Bruce Campbell is a minister.

Some of the Holy Days include:

The Feast of St.Monty Python
The Feast of Weird Al Yankovic
The Feast of Saint Cthulhu

Here's their home page:
www.subgenius.com...

Have fun.

Key Phrase: Parody Religion, they are not a real cult. They are a Parody of cults.

[edit on 29/2/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Ah the Church of the Sub Genius.... those people are so silly.
I wonder how many people actually take them seriously. :rofl: Pastafarians predict that the end will happen on April 1st 2008 just so you know, May his noodly appendage sause you, RAmen. See you beyond the rim folks!

[edit on 29-2-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Are they really a "UFO Cult?" I'm not aware that the SubGenii had any real strong leanings in the UFO direction, but I've never studied them in depth. I felt I was better off not to.

But they've always been right before, so I guess this is the end of the world! It's about time, too. Seems like every time there's an end of the world scheduled, it never happens. Maybe TCOTSG will be able to get it done this time.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Are they really a "UFO Cult?"

Watch that video I posted just above your reply. They are not seriously anything except a parody of a cult/religion.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Me and my band play reguarly at "Church" events. You are more than welcome to come and partake of the sacrements. As always.....
This is not an all ages show,

Leave the kiddies at home....

no firearms please....

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Haha thanks for that video it was hilarious.

"Eternal salvation or triple your money back."

These guys sound harmless.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Wouldnt it be a riot

if THEY are the ones who nail it right.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Doubley Post!??

[edit on 29/2/2008 by Now_Then]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
No No No... They've got it all wrong, Aliens attacking on the 5th of July Pfffft COMMON! :shk::shk:

Everyone knows they will come on the 4th of July!! - ain't they seen the Will Smith film? gawd idiots. :bnghd:

On the plus side the 5th is my sisters birthday, kaching! one gift dodged!

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I might have believed them if they used the word genius in place of sub-genius. heh.

new topics

top topics

join