It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught on tape: More deputies accused of brutally beating inmate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Caught on tape: More deputies accused of brutally beating inmate

www.tampabays10.com

A video shows deputies pushed him against a glass wall as he was being frisked, threw him to the ground for no apparent reason, held his neck back more than 2 minutes as he was being put into a restraint chair, put a hood over his face and then appeared to try to hide the action from cameras by moving paperwork to cover his head.
King says when he was out of camera view, two deputies took him out of the restraining chair and says they both started kneeing him up against a bench or a wall, as he was pleading please, please, please.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Another video surfaces of cops being "less than gentle" with someone in custody. AND again trying to hide what they did from the camera.

Is this really the level of professional law enforcers in the US?

I can't believe all cops are this bad, but there are far too many videos like surfacing for comfort.

I never thought I'd say this, but thank god for british cops - not he best, but certainly not the worst.....

www.tampabays10.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Before the pro cops pro NWO people get to answer this let me quarterback this.

Its the inmates fault cops are only capable of being right. everything they do is right.

if you dont got a badge your wrong and a criminal. now we dont need 50 posts defending the cops saying there right when clearly there not.

ok so to be clear cops are gods you are peasents now bow.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Isn't this the jail in Hillsborough county that was in court tv's "Jail" series? Not sure about the title.

Every time I see one of these films of some cop beating someone, or dumping a paralyzed man out of a wheelchair, I wonder who they beat out of that job. I know the employment selection process and it seems rigorous enough-- 500 to 1000 applicants for each position opening, a long written exam, a grueling oral interview by at least six examiners... surely by the time a person is selected for a city or county position, the unqualified have been weeded out?

And the main problem is at the top-- the condoning and excusing of illegal behavior by those entrusted with enforcing the law. That is the most frightening of all-- the blatant denial of the problem and the bunker mentality that protects the offenders.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

It's not right that someone who is supposed to enforce the law should be seemingly immune from it when they break it.

It begs the question of what went on before there were camera's.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I believe these incidents are shown to us by mainstream media for the express purpose of sending the message that individual rights mean nothing, authority always rules and there's nothing you can do about it.

Listen to the "news" anchor while they're showing one of these incidents-- they minimize the cops' behavior and try to shift blame to the victim. In essence, the message is the bad citizen had it coming and the poor police are under a lot of pressure because of all the bad citizens, etc. etc. etc. it's the same "us & them" bunker mentality.

new topics

top topics

join