It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theorey of Ghost, spirits, and demons...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I wanted to share my views on 'paranormal' activity, as it is, to perhaps get input from some other people and perhaps help some other.

Chew on this:

First of all, Science is not able to prove wether ghosts exist or not. So, all of this is in 'theorey' and facts in these areas are lacking.

That said....You, as a person can experience only 5 senses. Sight, sound, touch, taste, and hearing.
EVERYTHING you experience is in your head, EVERYTHING. This is not an idea, this is a fact.
I'll explain.

Take, for example, a security camera. The camera, whatever quality, records images and transmits them to a receiver, which transferes it to a television for your viewing.
This is exactly what your eyes do. Your eyes percieves an image, and transmits it to your brain. Your brain inerprets the signal, and you experience an image of what your eyes are seeing.
Basically, you have input devices that take signals and transfere it to your brain, what ever sense it may be.

On a tangent here, I personally believe that your mind (which isn't part of the the brain) is what percieves these images.

Okay, back on topic.

What I believe that a lot of apparitions are, are perhaps 'things' that have properties of being that we cannot comprehend. I think that why we see or hear things, is that everyonce in a while, these apparitions happen to have a property that is compatible with our mind, whatever the property may be. Thats why sometimes you can hear something, and not see it, or see it, and not hear it. I think that they have some other property to them (different dimension possibly) that our mind can't comprehend, so thats why ghosts aren't consistant.
Every ghost encounter you hear, there are all kinds of different things that happen, and you can't nail ONE characteristic to all of them.

So, I believe that ghosts exist on either a separate plane or dimension than us, but have the capability to interact with with us. Who knows what a being not bound by the physical laws of nature is capable of?

So................thoughts, questions.......(intelligent responses appreciated
)

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I like it! But ghosts aren't real. But I still like it. Makes some sense if you think about it.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BangorangRufio
I like it! But ghosts aren't real. But I still like it. Makes some sense if you think about it.

Well, the scientific sense of something being 'real' is something that has one of the above characteristics. Time isn't real, its a concept. But people base their lives off of that.
Soemthing doesn't have to be real in order to exist.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Chew on this:
I once saw an MIT physicist speak about energy. He pointed out energy cannot be destroyed. It can take many forms, but cannot be destroyed. We are energy. After we �die� our physical body dies, but the energy must go somewhere. I don�t have the answers, but it�s kewl to ponder!

TypeT....

Originally posted by grankor
I wanted to share my views on 'paranormal' activity, as it is, to perhaps get input from some other people and perhaps help some other.

Chew on this:

First of all, Science is not able to prove wether ghosts exist or not. So, all of this is in 'theorey' and facts in these areas are lacking.

That said....You, as a person can experience only 5 senses. Sight, sound, touch, taste, and hearing.
EVERYTHING you experience is in your head, EVERYTHING. This is not an idea, this is a fact.
I'll explain.

Take, for example, a security camera. The camera, whatever quality, records images and transmits them to a receiver, which transferes it to a television for your viewing.
This is exactly what your eyes do. Your eyes percieves an image, and transmits it to your brain. Your brain inerprets the signal, and you experience an image of what your eyes are seeing.
Basically, you have input devices that take signals and transfere it to your brain, what ever sense it may be.

On a tangent here, I personally believe that your mind (which isn't part of the the brain) is what percieves these images.

Okay, back on topic.

What I believe that a lot of apparitions are, are perhaps 'things' that have properties of being that we cannot comprehend. I think that why we see or hear things, is that everyonce in a while, these apparitions happen to have a property that is compatible with our mind, whatever the property may be. Thats why sometimes you can hear something, and not see it, or see it, and not hear it. I think that they have some other property to them (different dimension possibly) that our mind can't comprehend, so thats why ghosts aren't consistant.
Every ghost encounter you hear, there are all kinds of different things that happen, and you can't nail ONE characteristic to all of them.

So, I believe that ghosts exist on either a separate plane or dimension than us, but have the capability to interact with with us. Who knows what a being not bound by the physical laws of nature is capable of?

So................thoughts, questions.......(intelligent responses appreciated
)

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Energy being created nor destroyed means everything that has ever existed still equals the the same energy. The energy of your physical body is consumed by the environment (we wont get into the maggots, gas exchange, putrification or decomposition). The energy of the mind which we can see in wave form...where does that go, hmmmmm? I think that has somethin to do with this but I dont know what
Also, I think you are onto something BECAUSE we are visually aware of maybe one percent of the total energy around us . We are physically aware of nowhere near the total energy around us. You must believe, as humans, we cannot be so wonderfully wonderful that we should be able to perfectly percieve visually everything we see? When the brain is affected by electrical and magnet stimulus it changes our perception. In experiments it changes our perception in the same way in all human beings.
www.soultravel.nu...
We are not all knowing, but do we have the tools to be all knowing but we just dont know it? I believe this to be the case friends
Kristine

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
According to physics class last year (one of the thins I actually have retained) theidea that energy cannot be created or destroyed is false. Actually, energy is contantly being created AND destroyed, staying pretty much constant, which is why the idea of it not being created or destroyed came up, maybe because it is simpler to think of it that way. As for your theory on ghost and such, I like it. One part that sounds good, but I just can;t understand why, is how you say there are just some properties we can't comprehend, so sometimes we see them, soemtimes we hear them and so on. Would that mean the apparitions have constantly changing properties, or our minds can only comprehend certain ones at certain times?

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
there are many things that are real that are not perceivable by one of our normal five senses. gravity, uv rays, and loads of other crap. if we could see all of these things we would not be able to navigate through this dimension. if we tried to cross the street we would get hit by a car because gravity and different types of energy rays bouncing and reflecting off of the road would block our veiw of the car. then we'd be roadkill.

our perceptions of reality are extremely limited and for good reason. we only see what we need to operate in this funny little world or society. besides gravity and other forces that are quite real and yet invisible to the human eye one would not want be able to always see all the demons, angels, ghost, past, and the future. it would make it extremely difficult to lead our human lives.

there is another thread somewhere on here that talks about how animals senses are often far superior to ours and they can visually perceive supernatural things more often that humans can.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMPerial
According to physics class last year (one of the thins I actually have retained) theidea that energy cannot be created or destroyed is false. Actually, energy is contantly being created AND destroyed, staying pretty much constant, which is why the idea of it not being created or destroyed came up, maybe because it is simpler to think of it that way. As for your theory on ghost and such, I like it. One part that sounds good, but I just can;t understand why, is how you say there are just some properties we can't comprehend, so sometimes we see them, soemtimes we hear them and so on. Would that mean the apparitions have constantly changing properties, or our minds can only comprehend certain ones at certain times?

Apparitions, so far, have properties unknown to us. Why I think that we see a light, is because our brain doesn't know quite what to make of what it sees, so a mis-formed light is the closest it can get. Hmm....I really don't like that analogy....how about this.

Have you ever tried to open a picture file using MS word? Its comes up as all kinds of odd symbols that really don't make any sense. That is MS word's best way of interpreting that picture. I believe that is what happens with our mind. It doesn't always understand what we are 'experiencing' so what you see is its best interpretation.

And there has been the idea that ghosts are energy. One possible reason we may only hear them for a short time, or the sound is dim, is because they are expending energy to make that noise, sight, touch, hot/cold.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm off-and-on in the middle of writing a story--to which I keep losing since the computer has fried itself twice, that delves a bit into these ideas, but in a different direction.

It's not the creatures who live in one specific plane or another that are the apparitions, but those that are a bit of both--in limbo. I'm working with the concept that for time-travel to happen, it requires altering some aspects of reality--hence we can travel only as ghosts, in limbo, and many go insane waiting for some to notice. Now, as to how far out of this reality they are, it depends on some factors that I haven't made up...I'm thinking about using it as an attachment to DNA--our double helix strand may leave room for anoter double helix strand to inter-twine with it (that thought triggered by the 5th element movie--the 5th elemsnt's DNA strand, I belive was 3-6 sets of double helix's). Those that have random strands of the excess DNA--which, btw would be of a different reality--explains why we would not see them...sigh, still too complicated to think out properly. I'm going to have to do a few pseudo-science papers on it to pull of the novel.

Anyway, if you want a good scifi read on the concepts of societies that will literally not see the undesireables in their society--ingrained to play like they don't exist--then you might want to read C. J Cherryh's Wave without a Shore.

From her own website A philosophical science fiction novel with a fantasy twist. Some people name their college professors and wonder if I know them.

www.cherryh.com...

I enjoyed it because of the concept that just because something is seeable doesn't mean that people are going to SEE it. I don't usually desire seeing things, so I won't, usually. I like being paritcularly unresponsive; it makes me feel normal. Don't get me wrong--I don't have total control, nor do I think that I should--I may be causing myself more harm in the long run, but it's worth being able to sleep at night...

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
VERY interesting theories! Good work!

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Wow... that's a lot better than my theories which are usually like "They're dead people... but not"

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

According to physics class last year (one of the thins I actually have retained) theidea that energy cannot be created or destroyed is false.

Energy or matter cannot be created or destroyed, it never has and it never will. It has been demonstrated time and again. When you split atoms, you simply split them into other particles and release energy.

We have discovered through quantum physics that electrons manifest themselves as both particle (matter) and wave (energy) there seems to be a correlation between the two. This manifestation has baffled physicists for a long time, but its there.

I think this discovery points to the possibility that matter in itself is energy in another manifestation, when the matter is divided into its simplest form it will be once more energy. It is a cicle that never ends and has never began, it was always there.

Whoever told you that matter and energy can be destroyed and created is probably a professor that wants to unite the idea of a creator God with science.

The manifestations of ghosts do exist. We are not certain of what it is but my guess is that ghosts are some sort of residual energy that is left in the place of death or a place that had some emotional value to the deceased and imprinted that place with their energy.

When someone dies in a trauma a great deal of this energy is left there and people who are sensitive enough can experience these energies.

Just because not everyone can experience in one form or another some manifestations of energy doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

top topics

join