It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen son arrested in Ga. deputy shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Teen son arrested in Ga. deputy shooting

news.yahoo.com

LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. - The 17-year-old boy was arrested Friday and charged with killing his mother, who was a sheriff's deputy, and his two small sisters, authorities said.

Anthony Tyrone Terrell Jr. was charged with murder in the shooting deaths at the family home near Lawrenceville, where the bodies were found late Thursday, said police spokeswoman Illana Spellman. She identified the victims as Gwinnett County Sheriff's Deputy Joy Deleston, 39, and her two daughters, Micaiah, 11, and Jelani, 4.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Why is there such an influx lately of teen killers?... Is it brainwashing, violence in society or medication?.... What do you think?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
some things i thought of that might explain increased violence:

more exposure to violent media? some say it helps alleviate violent urges, some say it makes those urges stronger. i tend to agree with both depending on the situation.

zero tolerance rules, armed security, metal detectors, etc in schools? sure, those things may seem to provide a sense of security, and it's meant to keep out intruders as well - but i think if you show them that potential violence is a way of life then you'll have more kids that would hesitate less to act out some violence in rebellion to the rigidity of their environment. when we talk about losing our rights to the government here on ATS there are people who get genuinely furious about it, and rightly so. every day i read about kids getting expelled or jailed for the stupidest crap. i think this area is a good one to explore in relation to the general populous as well. i think it's pretty much established fact that stricter rules inherently breed more violence and rebellion.

there's also the old "it's the parents fault". unless there's an increase in bad parenting, then i don't think this would be the likely cause for inflated violence. it could however be a problem with parenting methods not adjusting to changes in society. usually the times don't change much from when a parent went to school to when their kid goes to school. i think the environment is changing so rapidly that parents may not know how to deal with some of the issues today's youth face.

join