It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dyatlov Pass "Accident" In My Oppinion Was An Unfortunate UFO Encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

After my sighting of a UFO over Russia when flying from London to Tokyo eight years ago I have become highly interested in UFOs. What I saw was a huge glowing orange light at about 7,000 meters just hovering in one place in the middle of night when the plane was flying at about 10,000 meters. These lights have been filmed many times before, thus validating their existence. I actually did not associate that light as being a UFO until I saw other videos of it, so I didn't speak of it until a couple years after. The same lights were seen on the day of the Dyatlov Pass "Accident" that day. I suspect that something from that UFO woke up these people in the middle of the night, they panicked and ran. Most likely because they saw "something", and that's why they were killed. There really isn't anything more to it, you just have to put the pieces together.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by hotrice]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hotrice

It would take more than a little fear to make me run out into -30 C without all my Winter gear on. Death from hypothermia was a near certainty. That is beyond panic - it's insanity.

This case occurred almost 50 years ago. How well verified and documented are the facts in this case?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hotrice

Hotrice,

It's funny we must read similar websites from the left coast. After a few hours of internet research I wanted to believe that this was unworldly but I can't get past a few things that lead me to believe it was human error that caused this tragedy.

I wonder why they were wearing hardly any clothing? Anyone who has done any winter camping in more recent times barely removes their outer shell when sleeping in snow conditions. Granted this was nearly 50 years ago but warmth should have had them wrapped like Eskimos for sleeping. I do wonder about the lights but there is no official recorded record aside from a police investigator who likes UFO's that made a confession 30 years after the fact.

What I believe happened is much simpler. Their leader camped them on a ridge and knew there was a possibility of an avalanche. Late in the night they heard/felt what they thought was an avalanche and ran out of their tents (sans clothing) like any scared person would.. after about a mile they stopped and tried to make a fire under a tree. 3 of them stayed near the fire while the others went back to the tents for their clothing. Another avalanche actually struck near where the fire was built taking the people that remained behind and burying them under 14 meters of snow (that is how they got the crushing blows). The others that headed back to camp freaked out and lost their way and froze to death. Hypothermia sets in very quickly at those temperatures especially if they are exposed to the elements.

Some potential questions and potential answers: Q:What about the womans missing tongue? A: It is unclear if she was one of the people found under the 14 meters of snow, if she was, the force of being caught in an avalanche could have caused her to bite her own tongue off. Q: What about the lights? A: Could have been an earthquake that caused the avalanche if so there are reports of lights from the earth when earthquakes happen. or... the former S Union was testing some mini-newks in a mountain range causing bright lights and avalanches and the group was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. This could explain some of the reports of radi-a-shun on the bodies.

I have gone from the creepy bizarre out of this world abduction theory to a more this is what could have happened.

Your thoughts...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Great find hotrice! I have never heard of this incident. Everything about this case is strange. What really peaks my interest are the injuries by three of them...

Notably, the bodies had no external wounds, as if they were crippled by a high level of pressure.

...what would do that and not leave any external wounds? IMO, this case should be looked at closer.

Star and flag.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by masawa

That is a plausible and well thought-out theory and could explain the secrecy and missing info. Could also explain the injuries.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by masawa
reply to post by hotrice

Hotrice,

It's funny we must read similar websites from the left coast. After a few hours of internet research I wanted to believe that this was unworldly but I can't get past a few things that lead me to believe it was human error that caused this tragedy.

I wonder why they were wearing hardly any clothing? Anyone who has done any winter camping in more recent times barely removes their outer shell when sleeping in snow conditions. Granted this was nearly 50 years ago but warmth should have had them wrapped like Eskimos for sleeping. I do wonder about the lights but there is no official recorded record aside from a police investigator who likes UFO's that made a confession 30 years after the fact.

What I believe happened is much simpler. Their leader camped them on a ridge and knew there was a possibility of an avalanche. Late in the night they heard/felt what they thought was an avalanche and ran out of their tents (sans clothing) like any scared person would.. after about a mile they stopped and tried to make a fire under a tree. 3 of them stayed near the fire while the others went back to the tents for their clothing. Another avalanche actually struck near where the fire was built taking the people that remained behind and burying them under 14 meters of snow (that is how they got the crushing blows). The others that headed back to camp freaked out and lost their way and froze to death. Hypothermia sets in very quickly at those temperatures especially if they are exposed to the elements.

Some potential questions and potential answers: Q:What about the womans missing tongue? A: It is unclear if she was one of the people found under the 14 meters of snow, if she was, the force of being caught in an avalanche could have caused her to bite her own tongue off. Q: What about the lights? A: Could have been an earthquake that caused the avalanche if so there are reports of lights from the earth when earthquakes happen. or... the former S Union was testing some mini-newks in a mountain range causing bright lights and avalanches and the group was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. This could explain some of the reports of radi-a-shun on the bodies.

I have gone from the creepy bizarre out of this world abduction theory to a more this is what could have happened.

Your thoughts...

When you hear an avalanche coming, it's already to late; I live one hour from the mountains. Their camp was found in perfect condition and some of their tracks were found. Plus they went in different directions and made clothes from the clothing of their dead comrades later on. They only ran a short distance, it wouldn't be hard to follow your own tracks and make it back to the camp.

www.e1.ru...

Apparently a few people saw the lights including other distant hikers, so that doesn't sound made up.

The missing tongue is probably due to animal scavenging, but who knows it could have been an alien trophy, lol. Mini-nukes are also highly unlikely, since there was no blast crater found. On the other hand, the bodies had high levels of radiation, but not all of them.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
masawa, in your explanation you have incorrectly stated that only one person saw the UFOs. In fact there were a lot of independent sightings.

This also doesn't explain the radiation, or why the USSR government closed the area off for several years.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
manincloak,

I first read about the story here: "How Creepy do you want it?" This story is a little bit dramatized.

I read many, many other accounts over the web but the wiki page seems to summarize it the best you can find that here: "Dyatlov Pass Accident"

Please read the "Controversy surrounding investigation" section this led me to my hypothesis on what COULD have happened.

I stand corrected on the no other witnesses. There was a group of hikers over 30 miles away seeing strange lights on the exact same night.

The 'blinded' claim made me believe that a tactical nuke could have been set off nearby. And also why the area was quarantined.

Thanks for keeping me interested in this fascinating story.

M

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotrice
When you hear an avalanche coming, it's already to late;

That might be, but trust me you would try to get away in any case! I camped in moutains (sometime at high altitudes) many, many times, and on some occasions I would jump out if there was a sound coming from an overhanging cliff which would make me unconmfortable.

In general, I agree with the panic theory of the events.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by buddhasystem]

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I understand this thread is 2 years old, however I just stumbled upon this case. Not sure that anyone will see/read my thoughts, however, for the avalanche theories, I understand that there are no slopes large enough in that area for this to be the case, they are more hills than mountains. As for the weapons testing, I won't say that I don't think it's a possibility, but why were the radiation reading not over the entire area, or all of the all bodies/clothes? As for the blindness ( I am assuming referring to winds ) there were tracks visible to the investigators which would have been covered, or at least barely visible which is not mentioned. As for the area being "off limits" for a time afterwards leads me to believe it is more of a UFO encounter. The missing tongue? Well if it was the result of a scavenger, then shouldn't that have been easily identified by tracks in the snow? Since after all they stated that there were footprints all around the area.

I am sure I am missing some points, but it is very late here and I need to get to bed, just thought I would ad my thoughts. I still personally think this is a UFO encounter gone bad.

Cheers

top topics

join