It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need information on a prescribed drug

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I was recently prescribed Lupron by my doctor and wanted to research it a little more before making my decision on whether or not I should take it.

I've found a lot of websites with information on it, but am a little wary about believing everything I read on the internet. My doctor insists there are few side effects and because I will only be on it for a short while (3 months), there "should" be no problems.

The websites I've read are very extreme...on the one side are the drug companies of course telling me how great and safe this drug is. And on the other side are people that have taken this drug and insist it has done irreparable damage to them in various ways. From my experience with internet medical forums, people are very quick to post about the negative experiences and not so quick to post the positive ones, so I'm torn.

What i'm looking for is a good balance between these two. Does anyone have any good websites that they use to research prescriptions on? Or does anyone have personal experience with Lupron they can share?

I'm not a big fan of taking any kind of medicine, but I'm at a crossroads right now...either take the (very expensive btw!) medication or book a surgery....I need the lesser of two evils right now.

Thanks guys

Michelle

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Your best bet is probably a Nursing Drug Handbook. Unfortunately it's not free on the internet anywhere, but if you know anyone who is a nurse or recently became a nurse, they probably have one from their classes. You might be able to get a nurse in the doctor's office or hospital to let you look at the one they have, but I'm not sure if they would or not. My mom used to have one about 4 years ago, that's how I know about them, and they are full of info on different drugs. Possible side effects, dosing recommendations, drug interactions, etc.

join