It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If oil is used up, what can we do?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
There is virtually no way to create metals from electricity. We need to recycle metals.

For plastic stuffs, we should be able to make it from (CO2 + H2) with energy input.

Some parts of the plane might be prepared using carbon fiber materials, which could be from (CO2 + H2) too.

However, we really don't want to see that day come. We need to save for future generations.

[edit on 1-3-2008 by fuelcell]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
There is one very simple solution... and world government, the oil cartel, the manufacturers of the latest and greatest technology simply do not want you to have, because it is free, simple, and anyone can do it and most could grow their household need for fuel in a small yard.

Hemp Gasification Driven Engines

wood gassifier line synchronous generator pt1 (2 min) - Jan 14, 2008
www.youtube.com...

First run of a wood gassifier fueling an 8hp brigs powering a 1.5hp inductive motor.

1970's FEMA instructions to build your own:

www.gengas.nu...

keywords:

gassifier
gasifier
wood gas
biomass energy

Ford designed the model T to run on hemp, its body was to be made of pressed hemp fibre, its interior hemp cloth.

In ten years this world would be transformed if the roadsides grew tall with industrial hemp; which when harvested fuelled all the vehicles passing by.

Our climate once again regulated; no net carbon gain.
Our economy back in the hands of farmers rather than oil barons.
Our electricity produced locally and free.

On my knees lord so mote it be.

ascend,

Sri Oracle

(sri oracle is now the 900,001 person on the terrorist watch list and may get his post pushed over to ReallyATS or simply deleted for breaking the illusion of your enslavement and mentioning the evil leaf.)

The current global oil consumption is about 3.9 billion ton/year.

Paroketh

The current global industrial hemp cunsumption is about 3.9 billion ton/year.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by Sri Oracle]

Yes. Biomass 9such as wood, grass, etc) will be more important in the future. It was so important in the history. Later fossil fuels dominated. As a renewable resource, biomass should be used to generate more energy and to make more basic chemicals.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by pues wholigan
umm i know its kind of nonsensible but how about we use that 12.5 billion for solar cells. 12.5 billion / 365 (days per year) pumped solar cells for ......

Seriously I believe with all this crap that I read in HUGE BOLD LETTERS WITH EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!! on ATS that entices us to feel scared about all the crap is going on in the world TODAY could be ENDED IN ONE DAY if EVERYBODY (who owns runs country(s) ) just chooses to stop being ignorant, greedy, or downright evil in whatever the heck is going on and merely ATTEMPTS to do the right thing.

Solar is taking off. Although the energy efficiency is not satisfactory now. A lot of efforts are put into this field.

I guess stateperson and religions leaders should play a good part in modifying our life style to more 'energy and resources saving".

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by fuelcell

I'm not sure if you saw the following article the other day, but when I saw your post, I immediately thought of this:

Titan's Surface Organics Surpass Oil Reserves on Earth

Saturn's orange moon Titan has hundreds of times more liquid hydrocarbons than all the known oil and natural gas reserves on Earth, according to new data from NASA's Cassini spacecraft. The hydrocarbons rain from the sky, collecting in vast deposits that form lakes and dunes.

Proven reserves of natural gas on Earth total 130 billion tons, enough to provide 300 times the amount of energy the entire United States uses annually for residential heating, cooling and lighting. Dozens of Titan's lakes individually have the equivalent of at least this much energy in the form of methane and ethane.

Here is the link from NASA:

www.nasa.gov...

Now of course, the obvious question is how could we possibly get it to earth. Probably an impossible task, given our current state of technology.
However, it does bring up an interesting point, namely that hydrocarbon creation must be relatively common in the universe.

Anyway, anybody have some imaginative ideas on how to get it here?

Thanks. There might be a lot of valuable sources in other planets of the solar system. But it is not easy for us to transport the resources to the earth. The cost is too high.

People talked about using He3 on the moon.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by puzzled2
How about nobody buys anything that has travelled more than a 1000 miles. Or buys anything not made in your country AND will be disposed of in your country.

Slavery exists and every cheap non-North America made produce uses it.

Next stop being greedy -- no you don't need that Hummer to nip to the shops 2 blocks away.

With the GPS systems in cars Charge a tax on every mile a car travels with penalties for short journeys.
Thats on top of the doubling of the price of gas.

I would imagine it is hard to really do this by the law. But I agree we owe to be less greedy.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Helium 3 fusion seems to be a really cool technology in the long run, but who knows if it will pan out or not. Lets hope it isnt a repeat of the whole cold fusion debacle!

In the interim, how about using biomodified algae to produce biofuels? They have a growth rate that is exponential. If memory serves, they grow at a rate 28,000 times faster than even the fastest plant source of biofuel.

Or even using solar towers, and solar cell arrays to produce energy and hydrogen fuel cell technology for use in cars?

A lot of scholars are paying attention to algea producing food and oil. That might become a good industry in the future.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Undoubtedly the developping of human soceity would slow down due to the energy crisis.Because there is no so efficient energy to replace of oil,human beings are doomed to bear a hard time and suffer for their mistakes of the waste of energy.
At the beginning nations would fight each other for oil, the cooperation of searching for new energe resource is not realistic or feasible at that time for each country.
However , the war, as well as a movie ,has an ending.When nations feel tired of war,the war would be over. Subsequently they decide to get a new source of energy instead of oil,and they will make it by their intelligence.

Is it a science fiction?No,and i'm serious.This is what the history of mankind tells.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Just a add on to my last post, the hydrogen cell battery is usually critised for the 'rumor' about it crashing that it has the same effect as a hydrogen bomb. This is not true and the battery is totally safe. It could also be used in space. 10 engines in a large spacecraft could supply the crew with oxygen and power. This is the way of the future

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanoha
Undoubtedly the developping of human soceity would slow down due to the energy crisis.Because there is no so efficient energy to replace of oil,human beings are doomed to bear a hard time and suffer for their mistakes of the waste of energy.
At the beginning nations would fight each other for oil, the cooperation of searching for new energe resource is not realistic or feasible at that time for each country.
However , the war, as well as a movie ,has an ending.When nations feel tired of war,the war would be over. Subsequently they decide to get a new source of energy instead of oil,and they will make it by their intelligence.

Is it a science fiction?No,and i'm serious.This is what the history of mankind tells.

I guess that is why people are working to avoid the sad scenary of your description. We are not doomed, if we can do something when time is still there.

There are some international energy programs such as controllable nuclear fusion programs. Any way, advanced countries have more responsibilities to input resources for the whole mankind, at least because that rich countries consumed such higher percentage of current energy. Advanced countries need to do more for the future.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semoro
Just a add on to my last post, the hydrogen cell battery is usually critised for the 'rumor' about it crashing that it has the same effect as a hydrogen bomb. This is not true and the battery is totally safe. It could also be used in space. 10 engines in a large spacecraft could supply the crew with oxygen and power. This is the way of the future

Yeah. It is good to mentioned that.

Hydrogen fuel cells definitely have a lot of advantagges. That is why they are so "hot" a topic for the past few decades.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I can not believe I am about to say this.......

I think Alex Jones may be right in that "peak oil" is a scam.

Fossil fuels? Someone needs to explain to me how dinosaurs and swamps managed to exist more than 5,000 feet below the surface of the planet, or say........under the ocean floor.

Proof? I have not a thing but suspicion.

I am open to being educated about how this might be possible. To date, I haven't heard any clear explanations about how to reconcile fossil fuels and their literal location(s). That doesn't mean they don't exist but, I haven't been able to find them with my Google Kung-Fu skills.

My suspicion is “fossil fuels” aren't and that oil is a by-product of our living planet.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
There are many disputs over the origin of crude oil and also a lot of disagreement upon the "peak oil". But that won't appease the worry of gradual consumption of "major portion of oil reserver" in the future.

I myself don't agree on the popular point that the peak oil year is 2010. They talked about this 50 yrs ago. But i see we need new, alternative energy sources.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join