It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got a tip!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Yeah! I got a tip from a very nice Canadian lady! It was $2, sure its not much, but it sure does make you feel good! I work over night at a Hotel working front desk so tips are not nesessary. Im buying a hot pocket!

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
good for you

lol thats great tets, but scungy though, i mean 2 bucks...sheesh

Roswell.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
what?
oi first i was thinking you got info
then had to re read the post
good for you!

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Way to go man, wish it wasn't against the rules to accept tips in my store. Good customer service can make you some money.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I enjoy tipping....

I like getting good service and I don't mind "overpaying" for it. My wife says I always tip too much, but I figure it shows the appreciation I feel for the good service and it's only money after all...

I have a "partner" that works in another area and once a month or so I go to meetings where I go to lunch with him and others... He absolutely will not tip and it is the most embarrassing thing in the world..

A few of us have started leaving tips for him and we make sure that HE sees us do it; trying to make him feel a little guilty... Not working, but at least the service person is getting the tip...

GOOD JOB TETS!!!!

Semper

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tetsujin420

Wow! This is your lucky day! Instead of a hot pocket, I'd invest those $2 lucky dollars in some lotto tickets!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

I have a "partner" that works in another area and once a month or so I go to meetings where I go to lunch with him and others... He absolutely will not tip and it is the most embarrassing thing in the world..

Your "partner" wouldn't happen to come from a country where they don't tip ?
If I visited the US I can safely say that I would struggle to remember that I am spouse to tip in that country .

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Congrats on your tip.

Six months ago I had to take some dominican politicians to the airport, our driver was ill so I had to take them, no big deal for me, we had been working for a week, by the time we got to the airport one of them gave me an envelope, at first I thought it had to be some document for the office, but what caught my attention was the fact that when he gave it to me he smiled, I just put it on the back seat and forgot about it.

When I arrived at the office I noticed the envelope, to my surprise it had 300 dollars, and a thank you note.

Best tip I ever got.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
GREAT JOB tets!!

I believe someone giving a tip, especially when it is not warranted feels you have done a great job. $2 may not be much but it is the recognition of what you have done rather than as it is in this case.

I also echo semperfortis's comments and i always give a tip if it is deserved and also "overpay" when it is deserved.

However, i also complain when i am NOT happy and I will also not give a tip if the person serving me is not efficient and just doesn't care about what he or she is doing.

But i believe in showing my appreciation for a job well done!!

WELL done to you my friend!! You deserved that hot pocket

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I almost always try to tip. Typically about 20% or so. For bad I adjust accordingly. I also watch the waiter/waitress and see if they are incredibly busy. If they are busy then I'll sill do the 20% tip since it's not really their fault. Effort gets rewarded in my eyes.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
Effort gets rewarded in my eyes.

I agree, with you and the others who tip. Good, or hard, effort certainly deserves it.
In Australia it is not customary, as here in Japan, to tip yet I still do because I do appreciate good service

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
I also watch the waiter/waitress and see if they are incredibly busy. If they are busy then I'll sill do the 20% tip since it's not really their fault. Effort gets rewarded in my eyes.

Nah, i don't watch them
one can tell if your waiter/ess is busy. It's in their mannerism. They are either busy or they don't care - when you find you are not being attended to enough. I can always pick this up - it just feels wrong when they are messing around or are not bothered. A waiter/ess is usually "rushed" when busy and you can pick this up. If the waiter/ess walk up to you table and looks around and goes, "ummm, anything else...?" but not really that interested in if you do or not you can immediately tell they just couldn't be less bothered with you or anyone else.

BUT, again, everyone has a bad day or is down or has heard bad news or is breaking up with someone they love etc etc etc...

It can be difficult to judge BUT you can also pick up sadness etc in someone... At the end of the day, tipping is a personal choice. HOW and WHEN you do it is up to you!

But tets... knowing you i would say you would always deserve a tip!!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Tips are big here... in the US...

I ussaly tip between 10-20%... and round...

But sometimes, if they are just god afwal, i mean REALY god awful, i have no problem leaving no/little tip...

Only at resturants thoughm not Dilivery drivers, cause if they are late, its probaly not their fault....

Like the other week, i was out at some hole-in-the-wall Asain resturant, i think it was Thai, and everything from the moment we got there was terrible.

There was 4 of us, and it took 10 mins to just get the menus out, and the water took longer then that. And then when i get my glass of water, someone sees something in my glass, and now i have to get the attention of a waitress, and when she brings the water back, she feels the need to explain to me what was in my glass... that would be fine, but she had a HEAVY accent, and spoke in a low whisper, where she had to say it 5 times before i could even hear here, and then more to even understand what she was saying, thankfuly, our firends mother is from sinagapore, so she could understand the Aisain-English... so now our apitizers arive, and the egg rolls are fine... i need to mention this, cause they were good eggrolls... then we wait probaly a good 45 mins after the apitizers before our entrees show up.

Now at this point, im out of water, and have been sucking ice, and no one refils my glass, FINNALY when the lady comes and fills the glass, she fills the people on the other side of the table, then goes to a diffrent table, im thinking shes coming back, but not, flies back into the kitchen, so i have to ASK another waitress that walks by to refill my water, and now she has to explain to me why my water couldn't be filled, again with a full accent that makes it imposible to understand, and she tells me that i didnt have a 'water glass' but i had a 'soda glass' and she thought i had a soda, and thats why i wasnt getting refils for half an hour...

Now i got no compaints about the food, it was hot, tasty, and very spicy, great food. But then we have the check come. And we want to have teh Check split 2 ways, and they start saying 'no split checks, we cant do that', and had some wierd explination on why they couldnt, so now we all were stranded with no Cash, and the only way was to pay via credit card... and that pissed us all off... it was just a huge hassel...

I mean i didnt make i scene, i realy could of, we were just getting raped by the people the whole time, we had eveything take long for us. I dont know why, people came in after us, ordered after us, and they had thier food, and left all before we did. There were people taht arived after we had ordered, and they still left before us, it was awful. I dont know why we were getting treated so bad. They must of did it cause we were a couple of coulpes, and they knew they could push around a couple of white guys out with some girls, they wont open thier mouths, it was terrible, our whole group felt like we got violated with the service. But when the Chiniese couple comes in, they get thier food right away, nice and snappy... but we get screwed, and we went in having 45-50 mins to kill, we were there over an hour... it was terrible, the worst resurant experience i have had that wasnt with my family... I mean, if it was just me and my buddy or something, i would have let into them... i mean, i think over half of the resturant incidences in my family occur in Asian restrunts... is it by chance, i doubt it as we dont eat at asain places half the time...

...but what were we talking about here, oh yea tips, if the service SUCKS, and i cant let you know verbaly, ill let them know in the tip.

top topics

join