It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormons

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I am not exactly sure how to respond to any of the posts on this thread right now, because once again it is very late. However, I have read a heckuva lot of websites today concerning issues that were presented on this forum site concerning Mormons. I feel that there is a connection between the Mormons and the Freemasons (even if only in the early to mid 1800s).

I also feel that if there are abuse cases dealing with members of the Church that these were the results of actions from individuals and not the Church as a whole. If anyone out there has been the unfortunate recipient of such abuse, then I am regretfully sorry that this has happened to you. However, I find it incredibly hard to believe that the Mormon Church (as an institution and NOT as individual members) could be a hidden hot bed for ritualistic tortures.

Nor do I feel that the Mormon Church (LDS) is in any way connected with the movement (as I will refer to it for lack of a better term) known as Satanism. If the Mormon Church really happened to be a cover for a Satanic cult then I would not have any part with it.

Also, I feel that the Mormon Church is a member of the Christian community. However, it is not part of any existing denomination, branch, or sect of Christianity. Rather, Mormonism (as it is called) is a seperate and proudly Christian religion. I am a Christian. I am a "dry" Mormon (I have not yet been baptized). If the Mormon religion were not a Christian one, then I would have no interest in the religion.

Anyone with comments feel free to leave them for me and I will be happy to try my best. I do, however, find it repulsive that certain individuals (in the spirit of staying away from defamating groups) have condemned groups such as the LDS Church. Is it not as rasict for a non-member to chastise a member of an organization such as the LDS as it is for one to kill because of the color of skin? In response to the comments about the cursing of the "black skinned people", I do have this to say:

I grew up being taught by the Protestant Church that I was attending that this was because of the curse of Ham (Son of Noah). The story that was told to me was that their skin was turned black and they were only given enough water to wash off the palms of their hands and the soles of their feet. However, it should be noted that their is extreme evidence of black relevance in my family history, as can be made evident by the unique "odor" (for lack of a better word) that comes from my own body (mainly my hair) when I perspire in a great amount or do not shower for a period of around three days. This smell (as well as hair texture and facial features) are quite distinguishable as "black traits". These same traits can be found (and in greater quantity) in my mother's brother, her father, and my maternal grandfather's siblings and mother's side of the family. In essence, this is a phenomenon that is deeply routed in my family tree. I state this because it is my belief that if I am indeed part "black" (which I most undoubtedly believe is true), then whatever curse (whether it be the Curse of Ham or the curse described in the Book of Mormon) then I am assured that IF it is from God then it is with good reason. I cannot be a racist towards my own self, but I can be loyal to the Lord and His word.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
nobody has even MENTIONED the Mountain Meadows massacur(spck?)......

A group of California bound pioneers were murdered by Mormon followers. Then the Mormon's invoved made the attack look as IF it has been done by indians........but it was NOT........no no it WAS done under the direction of Brigham Young, the same 'Prophet' who changes the laws concerning the black people........

Brigham Young also wrote a paper (gave this speach)I have read........(now I GOTTA find it) entitled 'MORMONS ON THE MOON' in wich he says that Jesus told him that the moon was fully inhabited my Mormon people.....and someday there would be a great bridge to the moon where all the earth and moon mormons could walk upon to visit one another........

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
If the angel was called Moroni then why are they called Mormons ?

I tend to disbelieve that Moroni was from God:

Galatians 1:8-9

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be condemned to hell! As we have said before, and now I say again, if any one is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, let him be condemned to hell!

Yikes thats pretty harsh. I sure wouldn't want to be claiming I had recieved a word from God contrary to what the Bible says...

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
(Suddenly grows white hair and long beard and a metal stick appears in hand)

Away from the temple, ye profane!

(Smacks a few of you with stick - WHACK!)

Away!

The mysteries are never for the profane eaters of flesh. It is not for pigs to wear white clothing.

I live 2 minutes away from the Capital of Mormonism. I visit the Temple Grounds often in Salt Lake City. I have a particular patch of grass that only I sit in. When I sit there, birds come to sing, little children come to play, and every tree gladly sways and sping flowers give off sweet savors.

Most of you are unbelievers, evildoers. What you claim as normal society I would chase away from me. Why do you think your ways are good? Your ways are the vileness of the pit, the things you love are loathesome to me, and your speech is like the grating of iron, or the breaking of thorns under a pot.

Away, ye profane!

Joseph Smith was a civilized man! Do you mock your elders, and the wisest of your race? Say what you will about the silliness of my people, how they wear funny white clothes, don't drink certain drinks, or have funny traditions, you will sound as the apes of the zoo at the time of their meals.

Pack yourselves into the cities of men, and there stuff yourselves with the bounty of the land, until you are fattened and ready for the harvest.

And don't ask me if I am mormon, or I will smack you with my stick again

(WHACK)

Arkaleus

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ummm...

Okay.....

[Edited on 29-5-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
dang now THATS flippen SCAREY!!

I am NOT going to go downtown anymore............this person sounds ALOT like the guy who stole Elizebeth Smart ....YIKES!!!!

(maybe he is of the Moon faction?)

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I am looking for decaffinated tea now DC........you have any special requests?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join