<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I was just about to add it...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

also....

www.holysmoke.org...

Just curious as to how this is being addressed by other mormons.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I couldnt get up and leave for 2 years to serve a mission for a religon that wasnt really sure about. Some missionaries do it because they are promised things when they get home i.e. car, money, etc.

I've met missionaries here in Vegas that would go to concerts and stuff down here. And they werent suppose to.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Garon - your links are very interesting. I've never read them. I will give my opinions on each on seperately.

As to the thread made by weedpckr, I havent heard such stories yet. My ancestors were part of the original group of pioneers that traveled into the Salt Lake Valley. The originally came from Sweden. Now, because my family was part of the original group of pioneers, I have heard many stories, but I havent heard anything about the "rituals" weedpickr talks about. I would have to think they are false, but who knows.

As for the article at www.holysmoke.org... that I would disagree with whole heartedly. First of all there is a lot of bad and false information there. They refer to this "Glenn Pace, a member of the Church's three-man presiding bishopric." First and foremost, there has never been a Glenn Pace as a member of the presiding bishopric. Second, although there is a presiding bishopric in the ranks of the church, they hold no power and no decision authority over the church. For a memo as powerful as this to come from the presiding bishopric would immediatly lead me to believe it is false.

Secondly, if Pace was such a high member of the church, he would at least refer to them correctly. He listed in his memo people involved ranged from "devout Mormon leaders and include bishops, a diocese president, patriarchs, temple workers ..." Mormons dont have a diocese president, and there are not very many patriarchs. And most patriarchs are old, in their sixties and up.

So to sum it all up, while I agree their might be some differences in the mormon religon being taught, and maybe some satanic reituals involved, it isnt widespread.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Here is some more information I just stumbled across...I'm not presenting this as fact...just some interesting info I found regarding the mormon church being established as a front for satanism...AND for you conspiracy buffs it alleges connections to Jehovah's Witnesses's AND to the Illuminati.

THE MORMONS
AND THE
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES
ARE THE SAME ORGANISATION
by David Icke

It's amazing how everything fits together in the world of the Illuminati if you are prepared to dig deep enough.

The people and organisations who attack and abuse each other in public, or appear to be in competition, turn out over and over to be different masks on the same face. Take the Mormons and the Jehovah's Witnesses (if we must).

We are told they are different organisations which stand for different "beliefs" and the followers of both would be aghast at the thought that they could be connected in any way. But then the mass of unthinking followers in any religion are merely the fodder and the screen behind which the real business goes on.

Read the rest here....

[Edited on 2-18-2004 by Garon]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Mormons are ignorant people. Its a self ritious religion.

I think that organised religion with a label is dumb anyways. You don't need a label to believe in God.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I have heard about a direct link between Mormons and the Freemasons. In fact I believe some of the symbols of the Freemasons are used on the LDS temples. I also heard that Joseph Smith was a freemason as well.

Its still hard for me to believe that people are pulling in satanic worshipping with the mormon religon. As a life long member, wouldnt you think I would have a glimps of it?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by grankor
Mormons are ignorant people. Its a self ritious religion.

I think that organised religion with a label is dumb anyways. You don't need a label to believe in God.

Explain your opinion on the mormon people being self rightious. Im interested in hearing.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayhem
I have heard about a direct link between Mormons and the Freemasons. In fact I believe some of the symbols of the Freemasons are used on the LDS temples. I also heard that Joseph Smith was a freemason as well.

Its still hard for me to believe that people are pulling in satanic worshipping with the mormon religon. As a life long member, wouldnt you think I would have a glimps of it?

The article I provided a link to alleges that the entire mormon church was created as a front for satanic activities...

Joseph Smith, along with Hiram Smith and Brigham Young, were the key figures behind the creation of the Mormon religion. They were of the elite of the elite Illuminati bloodline, the Merovingian or "Holy Grail" line, and were all high degree Freemasons. They were also Satanists and formed their "church" as a front for Satanic activity which very much still goes on today. Why wouldn't it, that is what it is there for.
-excerpt from the article.

It's somewhat a shocking accusation. One I had not heard before I stumbled across it today...A very prominent religion originally conceived as a front for satanists...if I was a mormon I would be deeply disturbed by this I think.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yeah, I can see being disturbed by it, but there is no proof offered to substatiate that persons claims. What he is writing about happened over 100 years ago. How does he know what happened?

If I could see some proof of these accusations, I might take them more seriously.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayhem

Explain your opinion on the mormon people being self rightious. Im interested in hearing.

What does the mormon religion tell you will happen when they die, if they are good little mormons?

Also, *most* that I have met have a 'holier than thou' attitude that is prevalent in most religious circles. Most won't come right out and say it, but they think they are better than you because they are religious and you aren't. Thus, you are going to die, and they are going to live forever. They tend to talk with a sub-contious condesending attitude.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
In a hypothetical sense....these accusations could very well be true...how would you, as a mormon, react if this information turned out to be true? You would be faced with the realization that your entire religious belief system was created as a cover for satanism....

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garon
In a hypothetical sense....these accusations could very well be true...how would you, as a mormon, react if this information turned out to be true? You would be faced with the realization that your entire religious belief system was created as a cover for satanism....

This just made me smile.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You're right, it would be devastating. But until I see that I wont be able to predict a true reaction.

Wont be able to respond for a while, but Ill respond when I can.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Here's a link about ritual abuse. There is a search you can do of the site - enter "mormon". It will bring up a lot of articles that have been written about satanic ritual abuse and the mormons.

members.aol.com...

I've read the stuff from David Icke and although I think the reptile stuff is kind of strange, he really is on mark about Mormons, NWO, and the Illuminati, at least what I know of it.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by grankor

This just made me smile.

I'm not disparaging mormonism at all. I just have discovered some interested and somewhat chilling information and, addressed them to a mormon for commentary and opinion...I'd be interested also in everyones thoughts on the information and articles I posted....if true its a huge deal.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
i had a friend who was mormon and she had to move because her parents said she wasnt doing well...she moved to salt lake......it sucked but im mailing her stuff....besides that i know nothing

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hello all,

I saw that episode of south park, it was funny.
Those guys bring up good points in some of there episodes. But i do not take it to heart anless i get proof of it being real!!
I didnt go around asking mormons those kinds of questions, that would be very slack of me!

There was one episode where they went to Iraq t give christmass and the arabs shot Jesus, because Jesus put his own life to save santa, then when santa wne t back to south park, he made an anouncment to the people, and he said today (Christmass) will be a day of remembering Jesus.

That was great episode.

As for mormons, i have had many friends that come from that faith and they are very nice people.

Salaam

Guerilla

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I didnt serve a mission, but my younger brother did. They missionaries are in fact young kids usually in the age of 19 - 21.

Why are they required to not have any relationship with their family at all doing the two years as a missionary. My niece is always trying to get me to join this religion, one of the things I don't like about this religion is how they all have like a visiting teacher who is basically just another member of the church and they all more or less report any problems they see in the other ones homes to the bishop, also my niece has a husband who is not a member of the church and the church assigned her a man to go to for any problems, he is her acting husband within the church for spiritual or advice guidance only. Also she said her religion required that she not be alone with a man other than her husband at any time, this includes her family like brothers, uncles, etc., now this offends me greatly as a woman, is the church saying that we women have so little self control or dignity that if left alone for one second with a man that we would attack him out of lust or is it that it is to protects one reputation from slander so does the church think that a woman can't be left alone with a male family member to protect her virtue, what, please explain as my niece who is adhereing to the dumb rules can't explain it but yet tells me to join the religion, not gonna happen. I do however see some good things in the religion as in when there are problems with money, illness, the church members are there and try to help with food and lending assistance through their time and monetary gifts.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I heard that Mormons believe that Black people have no souls???? Is this true???? Not bashing just asking.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Before 1978, the mormon religion did not give the priesthood (ordain with secret religious, mystical powers) to black men. The priesthood is never given to women. According to mormon doctrine, one has to have the priesthood in order to get to the highest level of heaven. Women have to get into the highest level of heaven (there are supposedly three) by being married to priesthood holders. Blacks were seen as being "cursed" because of Cain (Cain slew Abel, etc.) so they were not allowed to hold the priesthood.

In 1978, the church was under attack by the NCAAP and other civil liberties related programs. According to mormon doctrine, the prophet at the time, W Kimball, had a direct revelation from god that blacks could now have the priesthood given to them and could attend the temple and have the full endowments (blessings and promises made at the temple). Wow, what timing. Thus avoiding any expensive lawsuits and/or incriminations. And opening a whole new demographic area for exploitation.

Another example of how insidious the mormon religion is.

The first "prophet", Joseph Smith, actually did give the priesthood to a black man. This was later changed by the second "prophet", Brigham Young, who was a staunch defender of slavery. There are even records of slaves being held in Utah.

My friend at I were actually talking about this tonight and her grandma (a staunch mormon) has a book that was written in 1958 called "The Mormons and Negroes." According to my friend, the book goes into great detail about how the black people are inferior and will never hold the priesthood.

As a side bar, generational satanists are extremely racist and basically think that black people are inhuman and are to be used like animals.

I am not in agreement with the mormons or the satanists. I am not "siding" with mormons (or satanists) or defending their position. I am only retelling what I have been taught and what I have learned.

As a point of reference, I have moved past exmormon to the point of being ANTI-mormon.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join