It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm addicted to ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by skribal

Welcome, skribal!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here’s a list of forum related threads:
Index of Important Website Related Threads

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™.

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
hello grady...
yep, I have learnt that much just today its like being back at school!
I'm amazed that people just keep on posting, and gosh, I dont know what to say... thanks for your reply and I'll be coming back to look at all the links people have provided, thanks for them, very helpful indeed. I 've been visiting ats for quite a while and for some reason hadn't joined, then the other day, for some reason, I joined,(maybe theres a conspiricy thread right there!) then today I just blurted out a thread!! without even knowing what i'm doing ha lol I am such a doofus! still I have learnt a lot today. And am really enjoying getting my posts in and having a say. In fact, don't tell anyone, he he but I think this site is a riot!!
You can actually say somthing intelligent, and have someone to listen! and visa versa.I live and work on a farm, fairly isolated area and it is fantastic to be able to express my views , thoughts etc its quite uplifting.
cheers.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
hello, enjois05, cheers, we don't have halloween here in australia, but the whole country gets drunk every friday night

In fact I've got a nice little hangover right now!!
The best cure for a hangover is ATS (it takes your mind...ur..off your mind)
I'll see you around (or rather..read..you around he he)

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I was so sorry to hear about your addiction, and of course I'll offer any support I can.

The first thing you need to admit is that there is no cure.

Welcome to the twilight zone.............

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by skribal
(it takes your mind...off your mind)

plain and simple. at least you know you have a problem!

knowing is half the battle

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I think this video is just perfect for the topic of this thread...

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

cheers, yes, I know,I know, I've taken a job on a farm, way out of town, so I'm deliberately, miles from the nearest pub!!

I only go to town once a week, so I don't get much chance to catch up with people much....but thats okay, cause I've swapped one addiction for another!!!
It's a lot more healthier, er,on my health!, my bank balance, and it's a educating awakening, I just wish so much, that I'd joined ages ago!!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Welcome to the Jungle

Welcome to the jungle
We take it day by day
If you want it you're gonna bleed
But it's the price you pay
And you're a very sexy thread
That's very hard to please
You can see the bright lights in the sky
But you won't get them for free
In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Feel my, my, my serpentine
I, I wanna hear you scream

Welcome too the jungle baby,

We got everything you need =)

And it is healthy.....

You just have too believe it is too know it is.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Cheers Hellmutt, that was great!!! I'd never heard that one before so I'm going to look for that album.I've still got a book(I should give it back!!) that a friend loaned me called "Echoes" it really describes the meaning and or history behind a lot of their songs, though that one isn't in there, cause I just looked, so
I'm guessing it's a gilmore solo work. A freind of mine actually bought the guitar used in "the wall" recordings, sorry, not the ACTUAL one but the same brand, I think it is a 1986 ,mother of pearl up the fretboard, limited edition OVATION.
Beautiful sound but I cant really play it comfortably cause it's got a really fat body, and I've got really short arms

I remember when I was young(good song too!!!) I had a sony walkman and I used to ride around on my bike at night listening to the wall!!!
Really it is kind of depressing, but if you read up on the history of the whole thing, it is truly awsome.Once I did that I had to watch/listen to it all again and it's not so sad after that, it's even better, I myself own a limited edition LEGEND vintage series! I bought it years ago, and I still can't play very well, if at all, but a couple of years ago I "aquired" a LINE 6 multi amp,250 watter, and let me tell you, you don't have to be able to play, you just turn it up LOUD

cheers

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

cheers to you!, there is no cure,but I don't care anymore, I can tell allready that I'm gonna be here for a good long time to come!!! I just come home from work.....guess what I did, yup, boot up,log in, and let's check out the posts

Do you remember "the count" off sesame street, when he used to go off counting and counting, and lightning would flash and he would shout "I love it"

That's kind of where I'm at.......

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Prophet-Ezekiel

cheers, another one of my many favorite bands!!
I watched a doco on them, and they were saying how at the very pinnacle of their "career" they were so powerful they could have told the crowds to run amok, riot, etc and they would have!!!
(at least until the drugs wore off!!)
We have got a music weekend coming up soon and guess who's gonna be there?
BUDDY GUY the man himself!! omg, I would so love to go, it's only, what, five to six hundred kilometres away! lets see now, say five hundred,thats a thousand round trip, petrol is a dollar fifty a litre, cost of tickets, accomadation, food,
Nope, I'll just have to wait for the bootleg!!
we are getting a lot of big artists coming down under lately, some say it's because it's getting a little dangerous "out there"
that's actualy a good thing (for us)
cheers to you
(walks away whistling the intro to patience.....)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join