It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Lack of Sleep Kill You? Drive You Insane?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I think the longest I have stayed awake is about 3 days which is no record breaker but long enough for me. From what I have read in the past, sleep is extremly important, physicaly and mentaly. Your body heal's damaged tissue or if you are sick, better while you are sleeping. Sleeping and dreaming releive stress from everyday life. If you have alot of nightmares, you may have alot of turmoil going on in your life at that time. But it's a stress releiver so your brain does'nt overload so to speak.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If you Don't eat well Nutritious foods and Don't Drink water that's what you get
Insanity but if you can sleep and physically and mentally fit just always or sometimes have a crack head ideas you still normal. just play your life cool and easy senses must be always up and attune with not much exaggerated feelings
just go on the flow of the wave in our generation. Cheer-up In spite of so many hard ship and trials because Ancient knowledge is always their.

Ecclesiastes 7:3-5

3 Sorrow is better than laughter,
because a sad face is good for the heart.
4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning,
but the heart of fools is in the house of pleasure.
5 It is better to heed a wise man's rebuke
than to listen to the song of fools.

take always a nice exercise or a minute of work out and try some kinds of good Therapy (^^,)

Hope you like this response this is how I roll (^^,)

1 Corinthians 15:51-52

51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by johnb1

...what?! may i ask how long you've been awake?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
wow... just... wow.

i am nonplussed.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Healthy Lifestyle habit exercise and Healthy way of eating foods and Time Systematic management (^^,)

[edit on 10-3-2008 by johnb1]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The Gatekeepers of consensus-reality are a bit too quick to call anything that deviates from the dullard norm and anything that is only slightly enlightening or educative "insanity". While I believe that proper sleep is healthy, natural, necessary, the ocassional experiment with sleep-depriviation does more good than harm. My last experiment was 10 years ago, 5 days without sleep.

What happens is that we are in "alpha-theta-delta state" while awake and perceive aspects of reality that we normally wouldnt have access to in a waking state. What our stiff reality-herders ("scientists") call "hallucination" is merely perception of a normally hidden aspect of reality. Thoughts become so slow that you can see them floating by as you observe them. After awhile it becomes impossible to function normally...you cant work, can hardly make breakfast or anything.

When I tried to go back to sleep again it was actually very hard. I lay in bed restlessly trying to sleep and seeing all kinds of vivid visions and dreamscapes floating around the room. When you finally fall alseep its a long sleep.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Take some natural Herbal Ginseng Tea about Insomnia and it makes your Mind
and Veins Soothest you and Relaxing (^^,)

[edit on 10-3-2008 by johnb1]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'm very Sorry in My Pattern Of Conversation (-_-) My bad

If a Person is Lack of Sleep and No Eat in 3-4 Days A process of Dying of cardiac arrest will occur or dehydration.

So I Suggest Music Therapy and Practice natural happiness and a Memorable
learning of sadness for it will get at-ease at the end of sadness.

Most Chinese people are expert in that personal problem and other also
that link about Meditation and Yoga.

So this is How I Roll

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
3-4 hours of Pure Sleep with no disturbance Noise it is good enough to
regain another reserve energy if it is you have no many vices (^^,)

Off Topic comments removed

[edit on 10-3-2008 by dbates]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I had a psychotic break a couple years ago and insomina wasn't the entire reason I had it but it had something to do with it. It wasn't until they medicated me up that I was able to get to sleep. They don't know if it was the break causing the insomnia or the insomnia causing the break.

Just my .02

Tela

edited to change name

[edit on 3/10/2008 by Telafree]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

The radio host didn't drop dead. I think his name was randy gardner (not sure though). He demonstrated that one can go without sleep for around 11 days which is usually the maximum. You wont drop dead if you stay awake this long you will simply drop asleep.

The was an interesting study which used kitten resting on plinths in a pool of water. Whenever then fell asleep they fell in and woke up. After about 13 days they just fell in and died.

Malaki (psychologist)

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I would say so, I'll give you my experience...

Like a lot of people, I didn't get much sleep during university, probably less because I procrastinate.
There was one week during exams that semester I ended up staying awake for about 96 hours, I know the sun came and went 4 times but the details are sketchy. Anyway, I ended up having this intense delusion/hallucination that my teeth were loose and actually called a dentist in a panic lol. I could see in the mirror them easily moving with my touch or tongue and it felt like if i opened my mouth too long they would just fall out. I have good teeth, never any problems, I have no idea how this idea got into my head... Ending up finding a new dentist because I had no idea how to explain what happened

I think if you stayed up for 4 days like I did just to do it, not much would happen. IMO it was 4 days without sleep coupled with the intense stress and anxiety of the situation that sped up the whole process.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
ill tell ya ive done around 7 days once without sleep and boy, was that rough. i occasionally do 3-4 day stretches and it really dont affect me, im just so information hungry, ill read the net all nite, or play games, soon its 4am, then i got work at 5. well get ready, after a 3 -4 day stretch ill get home from work and just sleep till next day lol. then im ready for it again.

that time i stayed up for 7, it was nuts,, around day 6 i knew i had to get some sleep, things were getting very strange. i began to see crap, with out any drugs, people were like setting me off in a split second, man the seeing stuff though was nuts,,, u really see stuff heh.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It might be that effects of lack of sleep depend on whether it is voluntary and seen as desirable, or if it is forced upon one due to scheduling.

Since 7/1/08 I've been getting no more than 2 hrs of sleep per night, and two or three days in that period I didn't sleep.

Normally I sleep from about 11:00 pm until 8:00am.

I have noticed an odd effect, which I put in the 'paranormal' forum. (probably belongs here). I'm still not sure about the odd feelings I'm sleeping a lot shorter than I perceive (I'm very good about guessing time slept as the post explains).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Basically I feel like I'm sleeping for several hours, but the clock keeps registering that it's 30min on the nose.

Happened again today. I'm keeping a log now.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

I have no awnser to your questions.

I reply because I myself suffer insomnia and deal with it in my own ways. The only tip I can give you after reading your post is: try to STOP drinking coffee..

Best regards

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Storm_Indigochild

I've stayed awake for 11 days straight, caffine only. I did hallucinate a bit and doing anything after about 5 days was a struggle. Didnt kill me, and I actualy think sleep deprivation is the best "drug" for lack of a better word. Now I have a realy messed up sleeping pattern,, Im awake for 20-22 hours, then sleep for 10, last night I went to bed at 10.30AM! Its probably because I work from 6pm onward...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Insomnia almost drove me mad, some would say that it did.

I tried all the healthy options and suggestions-canno longer stand the smell of lavender.

In the end it was prescribed meds that did it for me. I'd take them every day but because of my history my doctor won;t prescribe as many as I'd like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join