It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Scientist Project a Planet X in Our Solar System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Japanese Scientist Project a Planet X in Our Solar System

dsc.discovery.com

Scientists at a Japanese university said Thursday they believed another planet up to two-thirds the size of the Earth was orbiting in the far reaches of the solar system.

"The possibility is high that a yet unknown, planet-class celestial body, measuring 30 percent to 70 percent of the Earth's mass, exists in the outer edges of the solar system," said a summary of the research released by Kobe University.

"We are expecting that the ongoing joint celestial observation project will eventually discover Planet X"

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-2-2008 by 2 cents]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I've heard about planet x, Niburu and so forth for some time. I don' t know if there is any truth to it but these scientist certainly make me wonder. They think there is a high probability that there is a planet X. The elliptical path's radius is estimated to be something like 15 to 26 billion kilometers. I don't know if that would be close enough to cause any planetary disturbances like other people claim or not?

What does everyone else think of all this?

dsc.discovery.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

Well, according to Sumerian Astronomy and some other sources, scientist (astronomers) many are beginning to take Planet X (Nibiru) seriously. This topic was already been discussed here and here.

thanks,

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
didn't scientists remove the planetary status from Pluto a little while back? Would that not make this potentially new planet, planet IX? Maybe it was done so that people would not make the link between the new body and planet x.

just another idea.

top topics

join