It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US send warships to eastern Med

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trance Optic
I bet theres a few parties who want nothing more then USA to be a wasteland.

Well it should be noted that if the US is ever a wasteland, it won't be the only wasteland. About half of our nuclear ICBM inventory is onboard Ohio class subs, according to some sources.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Also consider how much food we produce. If the US is a wasteland half the planet or more would starve to death. Then think of the massive US contributions to charity, including foreign aid, that would be gone.

Without America, Billions would die from famine and disease.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

So true. So you really think this move was over Kosovo eh?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
So then its going to be a systematic take over?

it is funny how most of america is farm land,
Sad days we live in..... sad days indeed.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

I think its very possible, between comments made by the soon to be Russian President, mobilization of Abkhazian forces, the Russian presidential election this weekend, and even the Serbian President having lapel pins of Kosovo being handed out across Serbia.

I could be wrong though. Israel could be hitting Gaza soon and Hezbollah may have something up its sleeve. Don't forget Syria and Hezbollah blaming Israel for the Hezbollah military leaders assassination not too long ago. Even the Iranian foreign minister came to Damascus to meet with Syria and Hezbollah.

Heck we could have a simultaneous mess in the Balkans and Middle East.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Isn't that probably one of the worse things that could happen, considering our overextension as it is?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Isn't that probably one of the worse things that could happen, considering our overextension as it is?

Another thing to consider, since we seem to be going down this road...

What do you think Turkey's role/position on increased activity/military action in the immediate region.

Remember that diplomatic relations are currently strained between Turkey and the US due to Turkish defiance in breaching the Iraqi northern frontier.

For that matter, how will the Greeks react?

This is all a little too close quarters.

I just want to make it clear that I feel personally that any additional Naval presence on the US's part is to serve as a stabilizing/deterrent factor for now, but that could change as we all know.

Bad weather ahead, methinks.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513
Remember that diplomatic relations are currently strained between Turkey and the US due to Turkish defiance in breaching the Iraqi northern frontier.

Well I guess not so much anymore with the Turkish withdrawl, after they killed some 240 of 300 militants they were after. The other thing is it would appear the Turks had the blessing of the US behind the scenes. I can hardly believe the US forces in Iraq didn't know about the invasion well before it occurred.

As to this incident, that one post about the Russians just having left was curious...

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
It's just more of the same. The US is positioning at least 9 naval vessels off the coast of Lebanon as a warning to the populace to choose a US friendly government in the upcoming election. Yay American Democracy!

So there's some ships off the coast, not even visible from land, and probably not even mentioned in the local papers (as I'm sure the Lebanese government would keep that quiet). So how do the navvies influence a vote that's probably controlled by the govt anyway, and more than likely, has Syria internally trying to fix things in their favor; mind control?
Way to invent a reason to get in a dig about Americans being hypocrites. Seems like you're conjouring theories to fit your already woefully askew bias.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trance Optic
If we join a world war 3 would they remove bush to put in a fresh resident? or would they keep the current adminstration since they got into it ?

Both Obama and Hillary said the other night they would stand up and confront Russia if Russian troops arrived in Kosovo.

So no we dont need Mr. Bush to start WW3.

I have a feeling two years from now, were going to miss him and Cheney compared to the mess we'll have by then. Saddam and Iraq are one thing, taking on Russia is not just a whole other ball game, its an entirely different sport.

I don't think it really matters who is in the top slot. I would assume that military policy is already in place, along with tactics and ratios for possible outcomes. Obviously it's in Americas interest to back Kosovo, so a number of possible options will be presented to the Joint Chiefs that support THAT option. They'll argue about it, narrow it down to the 2 or 3 best options, then they will be presented to Office; Advisors will look it all over, then recommend which course will be best for the President to take. Once it's confirmed which course, MI will start analysing data for anything missed, they'll start computing outcomes of more micro-scenarios, and monitoring associative elements more closely. Other arms of the forces will have orders that correspond with the intention, and off you go till then next decision.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

reply to post by cruzion

Lebanese Daily Star

Multiple countries issuing warning to their citizens to leave Lebanon immediately

From youre article:
"The move was adopted after some factions of the Hezbollah-led opposition have accused Saudi Arabia of blocking a settlement to the ongoing political crisis in Lebanon. It also followed sharp verbal attacks by pro-Syrian figures against Saudi officials.

The anti-Syrian majority coalition blames Syria and Iran for obstructing a settlement in Lebanon.

Relations between Saudi Arabia and Syria have been deteriorating since the assassination of Lebanese ex-Premier Rafik Hariri by a powerful blast that targeted his motorcade in Beirut in 2005. Syria has been widely blamed - a charge Damascus denies."

Those damn Amercians...

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Turkey: Is it alright if we go in and bash some PKK?
US: Well, I dunno. MIght look bad, considering we're sposed to be keeping law and order...
Turkey: Yeah, but they keep blowing us up.
US: Yeah, your right. OK, go in, kill them, then get out. But we have to make it look like we told you to, OK?
Turkey: OK, sounds good. We'll let you know when were done. Should only take a few days.
US: Cool. Try not to kill the locals too, ok?
Turkey: Sure thing.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Here's a couple of articles about the Ahmadinejad visit to Iraq last week, he says that Iran, Iraq and Turkey should "hit Israel in the face"...

whoa!

www.africasia.com...
and
www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

reply to post by cruzion

Lebanese Daily Star

Multiple countries issuing warning to their citizens to leave Lebanon immediately

Sorry, missed replying to first link in other post.
The main points of that article, which was from a newspaper that's printed in English, and aimed mainly at expatriots who work in the oil business (americans, europeans and australians) were that hezbollah thinks it's bad american warships are close by (thats good if your pro-american - e.g. the ex-pats), that those ships are there for 'stability' (also good if your pro-american, as its an american backed party that's in power), that america is well informed of the situation (great, again, if your pro-american), that syria will be restricted from interfering (great!!).
Again, I'm not Lebanese, so I don't know what they think, or even if this is a mainstream topic. This newspaper seems to cater to a very small percentage of the regional populous. A percentage that doesn't have the vote, anyway.
en.wikipedia.org...(Lebanon)

[edit on 2-3-2008 by cruzion]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

It was well past time for Turkey to go after those terrorists and hopefully they had a very successful mission and will continue to go after them in the future. In fact, Turkey should take the lead in securing Iraq since it is a country on their border and they will have to deal with them and iran after the US leaves. I say let Turkey take over for the US there.

If iran wants to take over there as well, then so be it. Let them and SA and Turkey handle iraq. All 3 have had to deal with iraq attacking them since long before the US invaded iraq. All 3 should be very grateful to the US for removing saddam and making it possible for them to secure one of their borders. Iran especially should be thankful since the shia there are now in power and iran has a safe border.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

More than likely there's a large enough back-up in the Malta region that's watch for the Kosovo mess. The movement over to Lebanon seems pretty direct, and they can cover Syria, Lebanon and Israel from their position, and get back up North-West if the Kosovo situation demands it.
If I remember rightly, just before independance, we had numerous threads relationg to it on ATS, and it was pointed out that a US carrier fleet was leaving the area, and that also a Russian small fleet was on it's way to the region. I have no idea were deployment was, but it's never been mentioned again. I can understand them having presence in caspian and black seas, but they are pretty understaffed to have any muscle in the med, IMHO.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Another thing, what is Greece saying about the whole Kosovo fun?
And where is the British navy?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Only 3 ships with no air support nearby within striking distance of Israel. Sounds like they are being setup for another false flag attack just like the USS Liberty.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Why do you think two of the three are Aegis ships? They are more than capable of taking care of themselves and the LHA if something goes down.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join