It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US dollar is headed toward a crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The latest news on the fate of the US dollar is not good.

www.bloomberg.com...

``There is very real concern that there is a possibility of a dollar crisis,'' said Paul Chertkow, head of global currency research at Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd. in London, in an interview with Bloomberg Radio. ``I don't use the word crisis lightly; we are in uncharted territory for the dollar, especially against the euro.''

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If the dollar goes, the US - and perhaps the entire world - goes with it.

It occurred to me that the US could be seen as a threat to the NWO. After all, democracy is not exactly a NWO principle. So some means of eliminating the threat must be devised. What better way than to destroy the dollar?

Bush would fit the profile as a member of the Illuminati, so he would be a logical person to implement the plan of his handlers to work toward destroying the dollar. He would not be concerned about the effects as long as the Illuminati themselves were protected. With advance notice of what was to occur, the Illuminati could easily invest in short and other hedge instruments to ensure their fortune survives and grows through the crisis.

Once the American people are cowed by economic collapse, it would be a simple thing to persuade them to get with the NWO program.

With their preserved Illuminati assets, it would be a simple matter to seize or buy up whatever they wanted from the ruins.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I see what you're saying. As far as I'm concerned, my two cents worth is that economists generally talk out of their a$$.

Take this story for instance - www.news.com.au...

It's about the reserve bank in Australia raising interest rates next week. After the last rate rise about a month ago, all of the economists came out on TV and said 'well, there won't be another rate rise at least until next year', and now all of them say 'rate rise next week!'.

I think the whole thing is one big farce just to keep people in a state of panic.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

Fear is an excellent tool to control the masses. And fear escalates the crisis, bringing the Illuminati ever closer to their goal.

I think the economists didn't expect the crisis to escalate at the pace that it has. Not Illuminati, so they didn't get advance notice of the plan.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The dollar is already in crisis when 1 Euro is worth a shade more than USD$1.50.

The positives for the U.S.A. at the moment are that suddenly other nations can afford to buy products previously too expensive for purchase and those items that were being bought from the U.S.A are now cheap, cheap, cheap. So if there is enough time all of these purchases from countries outside of the U.S.A. could be very good for the US economy.

It is odd to me though how so much food is being sold to other nations now and US pundits are spinning that this is due to biofuel. They seriously contend this when it is common knowledge that U.S. commodities are flying out U.S. ports at a previously unheard of rate.

Perhaps the U.S. government should and the U.S. people should demand that a certain portion of these foodstuffs should be retained within the U.S.A. Otherwise, with the dollar approaching its nadir people from abroad will keep buying the very food U.S. Americans may need to eat -- and it has nothing at all to do with ethanol and biofuel. What a load of rubbish that is.

(The New World Order folks wanting people to starve and die is an entirely different subject for another thread.)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

Spot on about panic, mattguy. They do want all of us in a constant state of panic, fear, and uncertainty.

I think they want this so we willingly turn to the State to save us as some sort of messianic entity or at least a sort of Superman to the rescue.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

It's a shame that we don't actually manufacture anything anymore. It kind of blunts the advantages of having a dollar crisis.

If it's a plot by the Illuminati, it would make sense that all the manufacturing and jobs be shipped overseas first so the low dollar wouldn't turn the economy around, but would crash it instead.

Pretty soon all the US will be sold off to foreign investors. We won't have any resources left, and all our companies will be owned by international conglomerates (controlled by the Illuminati, of course).

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
We WERE headed for a crisis. Now, the crisis is underway. Out of nowhere, we start hearing about the canadian currency out-valuing ours, OPEC chooses to change from the dollar to the euro. I mean, how much further down the road do we need to be?

The sad part is our populace, despite all warnings, is not taking any precaution.

Besides, what do we expect to happen when you create a ton of wealth in a few individuals? Sure, the overall volume of money traded daily is MUCH more immense than pre-tech bubble. But this is just shuffling funds at the top of the ladder, reinvesting any gains and guiding the overall consolidation of funds that has locked up our nations immense wealth.

The worst thing to happen to us is to have a "conservative" type run our nation right after the rise of our tech industry. I liked GW....but have changed my mind completely. The conservative tax and fiscal policy has further pushed this fund consolidation.

I used to think of the presidency as an analogy to a CEO. How wrong i was. Our nation having been run like a business has not benefitted us.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I used to think the job of President was a figurehead position with no real power. I changed my mind when George W. Bush became President and I learned how much damage a President could do.

There seem to be so many things happening over the past few years that put the US on a shaky foundation, and at risk from exploitators with power.

Illuminati...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well, "black government" or not, our nation is not in better shape now than the day after 9-11. I know that sounds strange. But after 9-11 everyone knew we were pissed, and we all knew that our nation would surge back.

I am not so sure right now. It is going to take one heck of a good leadership to fix things, thats for sure.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Let them buy all the food they want.

Right now the government is still paying farmers not to plant and we have lots of land that is not being used that could. This could be a good thing for the farmers and in turn for the rest of the country.

If they do start growing more and selling more food then the dollar will begin to raise again and stabilize.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Yea about the dollar crisis, what about all those hypothosis that state U.S Gov involved in so far as running it but if so they plan to make canadian dollar higher?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dismanrc

This is where we get into a touchy subject. There are several solutions on the table that could likely be used.

1. Stop subsidizing cotton. Africa can do it better and cheaper than we can. And it erodes the soil. There are hundreds of thousands of acres of land that isn't farmed each year, as things like rye grass are rotated in to replenish the nitrogen in the soil. Plus, the damage we are doing to west Africa by holding down cotton prices for them is disasterous and helping to push poverty (and thus, radical Islam) in the region.

2. Move towards a hemp based ag system. Hemp is extremely versatile, easy to grow (in every climate), decreases soil erosion, and can account for our fuel needs.

3. Genetically modified crops. Yeah, i don't know what i think about them either. But it is an option. Perhaps we just grow them in hydroponic chambers or something. Expensive to build, but the yield vs. maintenance would likely pay off in the near term.

Regardless there are countless hurdles. The nations (failed) drug policy is one. Our increasing propensity for creating malicious foreign policy is another (i thought "leaders" would meddle less, look forward more....i guess i am wrong). Then there are the smaller problems, like maintaining high levels of food supply in a much more inconsistent and unpredictable weather environment. We would have to diversify crops locally to ensure that we didn't have all our eggs in one basket. A year without corn would be a disaster.

There are solutions. Some of them are buried in obscure science journals, and need to be applied. Many of them are obvious and have "morals" hurdles that we must jump. We should be technologically sound enough to withstand most things that don't just outright kill us (gamma ray burst, for example).

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
magnus, are you trying to make our eyes bleed from straining to read that purple text?

anyway, i live paycheck to paycheck anyway, so all i can do is hope everything is going to be ok enough for me to keep getting by. no amount of worrying on my end will prepare me for what might come.

top topics

join