It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when gas is 10, 20 or 30 dollars a gallon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Are the greedy oil companies shooting themselves in the foot?

The higher the price goes the more we will look for an alternative fuel.
Eventially, and I think it will be soon, we will find an alternative to oil.
And what a great incentive to look hard with the prices going up as fast as they are.

Eventially the oil will start to run out and the price will be out of control, one day oil will be 50 dollars a gallon, then what?

[edit on 28-2-2008 by earth2]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I kinda think they have it figured out. They probably know what will replace oil and will pick up there. With all their $ and power, they probably have it all laid out and ready to go.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I agree DiabolusFireDragon,we already have alternatives IMO.The oil companies want to milk us of our money first.

To answer what I would do if gas hits $10 a gal.?Simple buy a bicycle!

[edit on 28-2-2008 by crowpruitt]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I heard they are devloping a new means of transportation. It's really quite revolutionary. They even made a song to sell it. The song goes like this:

You put one foot in front of the other
And soon you'll be walking across the floor
You put one foot in fornt of the other
and soon you'll be walking out the door...

catchy huh?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Gas is like any commodity. It will only cost what the market will bear.

If you see gas go much higher you will see mass movement to alternative combustibles, such as biodiesel. I like them....they smell like french fries.

It will run thin, too...but expect there to be some enterprising souls who will get through the government gauntlet. Unless they can control the internet first.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Saw a show the other night where they have designed an engine that runs on recycled cooking oil. In fact it take many types of oils. The regular car engine requires no modifications.

Not to mention the water fueled engine was designed some years ago. The car ran in excess of 100mph too. Pity the developer was murdered and the patent sold and vaulted (by the oil companies so the story goes).

Alternatives are already available only there being withheld by the multinational oil interests.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I don't think 'they' expect us to be around by 2011. I really don't.

People are so worried about their future and how they're going to afford gas etc.... meanwhile the forces responsible for bankrupting our nation and manipulating oil prices etc. are the same forces planning our demise.

The NWO doesn't care how much we're paying for gas. They plan to have us out of the picture within a couple years. That's why in all these years we have not seen electric or alternative fuels take off... not once. And these technologies have been along for a long time.

Why bother? Why bother freeing us from old technology when they assume they are going to whipe us out far before we run out of oil?

This is how they think. The average citizen has no idea that this is how 'they' think : because we don't think like that. We think we have a future, we want to have a good future, we think that new technologies will come and save us etc. And this is exactly what they want us to keep thinking. Meanwhile they continue building prison camps and underground bases with trillions of dollars we didn't even know exists.

This is how I feel about the entire oil situation. It doesn't matter. We're going to be whiped out by the same cabal that runs the oil industry.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Bird flu pandemic. Have your kimchee ready. Funeral pyres enmass.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

ecactly, NWO they are looking to kill off almost half of the planets population,they are doin it now..

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Guess we should start buying scooters then! *lol*
60-80 Mile Per Gallon saves alot of Mula$$$$ ;-)

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
2 Late it's over 10D here in the Uk 4 unleaded!!!

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
What do you mean what happens? Have the gasoline people and the Milk people been talking at an undisclosed location. I doubt they left the bottled water people a copy of the meeting minutes.........or di they?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
To go down the conspiracy route, one could consider what impacts high transportation costs bring. Primarily, the need for people to remain more localized as they find themselves in situations where they can no longer afford the long commutes to/from work or the long driving vacations. One could surmise that forcing localization through economic pressure could certainly help contain and round-up individuals should martial law be called up.

Also.. how many people can afford to completely fill up their gas tanks now? I typically throw only 25.00 - 35.00 in at a time to limp between paychecks. This "habit" could certainly hinder my need for a quick escape, eh?

new topics

top topics

join