It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Hit By Tossed Money Bags

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Look out for those flying nylon bags full of money!

Unlucky motorcyclist hit by small fortune
13 February 2004

TAIPEI: Relatives of a kidnap victim in Taiwan struck a passing motorcyclist with more than NZ$850,000 in cash when they tossed the ransom money to the kidnappers from a highway overpass.

The T$20 million (NZ$864,925) ransom, packed into two nylon bags, landed on 57-year-old Lu Fang-nan when he rode under the overpass just as a relative of the victim delivered the money according to kidnappers' instructions, local media said on Thursday.

"What does this have to do with me? Why did I get hit? I'm certainly unlucky enough," the mass-circulation United Daily News quoted Lu as saying.

Lu, who later sought medical attention for swelling and bruising of his left leg, said he rode off not realising he had been toppled off his motorcycle by a small fortune.

Newspapers said police were closing in on several suspects in the kidnapping of an electronic components merchant, who was returned unharmed to his family.

Source: www.stuff.co.nz...

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by Kano]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I heard this last week while I was reading the news paper on the bus. Going to college that guy was stupid not to get up and take it away his loss i guess lol

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by SE7EN]

join