It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what happens when you die anyway ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I am very interested in hearing some of your thoughts as to what happens when one passes on .

In the Christian religion alone there are two different thoughts as to what happens when one dies , from laying there dead until the second coming , or going straight to judgement hopping that you were \" good \" enough to gain entry into heaven .

I am not sure but I think that the Catholic faith is more or less the same as the traditional Christian beliefs on this topic , but a bit more complex as to where you might end up after you receive your judgement .

With regards to the Christian faith , and to the best of my memory I can only think of a handful of references as to what Heaven might look like . I am thinking of Revelation 21 . John describes the new city of Jerusalem when it comes down after the old Earth and Heaven pass away . Also I can remember mention that there is a tree of life in heaven as well .

I would be interested in hearing some of your thoughts as to what happens when one dies , from personal beliefs to the many different religious beliefs that you may know of .

From ancient religions of long ago to the religions of today I look forward to hearing your thoughts .

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I am still undecided on this. I have a lot of mixed feeling with this and I feel no one truly knows what happens. My take on it is there is a good and bad place you can go. The question is what are those places? (I refer to them as "good" and "bad" places because not everyone believes in heaven and hell)

First theory I have is that once you die your soul goes to where you think it should go. Have enough guilt over years and years and years and can't forgive yourself? Your soul will be stuck in the bad place until you can accept and forgive.

Second theory is the bad place is your soul walking the earth. I mean most ghosts have been reported in places where bad stuff has happened. What if the good place is your soul leaving this plane and going to another?

I don't know but I do believe in God and that bad people do pay for what they have done in the afterlife. I guess one day we will all find out.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
A person, unless a special case or spirit personality after death:

Sleeps unaware until the age is compleated, meanwhile they are judged according to the age's acchievement requirements, if found worthey they are woken up and alowed to contune the journy to perfection.

The Christians, and many other religions would assume to tell you that the bar is what they say it is. Really the bar is not that bad.

The bar in this first round of phyical life is to realize:

This doesn't even have to be a "conscious mind" realization, rather an internailized understanding within the subconscious mind set.

1. Acceptance of Created Creature Status. You are a child of God.
2. Desire to perfect yourself to be better suited to be a child of God.
3. Realization that all creatures are in the same status and should be respected as much as you can due to their rights to be a child of God.

ChristStains really have a problem with #3. They assert that they "know" what is best for the perfection process. They try to force this upon others. that is replacing God's will with their own. That's a no-no.

In acceptance of being a child of God, you should automatically try to improve upon yourself to be found more worthy. This is what one is actually judged by. In realization to the degree of that which is particually geered toward yourself you should show that degree of respect toward others as brothers/sisters.

No Brother/Sister is higher or lower then anyone else, and you should realize that before trying to lead others down "your way" of self perfection.

Even the "Antichrist" himself is a brother. Unfortunally he's a confused and lost brother, but still he is and should be alowed to follow his own path.

It is your acceptance as a child of God and the achievement of your own path that you'll be judged upon.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I believe....

When you enter REM sleep, you are catching glimpses of your actual spirit body.

If one is able to lucid dream, they will know where I am coming from....

So, when you die, I believe there is a sudden severing of your physical body's connection between our physical reality and the realm of spirits.

I believe everyone has a spirit guide, and their sole purpose is to help you transition from this world to the next....

Think about it this way.....

If you were an astronaut traveling in deep space, you suddenly come across a black hole and get ripped to shreds. Now, at that point, your lost in space....If you were a single spirit in the nothingness of space, would you not freak out?

I think that is where our spirit guides come into play. They make sure that when everyone dies, there is someone there to guide them through to the next stage of life.

They also judge you..

If you have been an evil person, I don't believe you go to hell.....
You are counseled and shown what you have done is wrong...
And are given another body do try again...

If you lead a good life, you are then worthy to stay in your spiritual form and become aware of the nature of everything that is.

Then move on to another form......who knows after that......

Just a guess.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
When you die, you will rot and decompose and your matter/energy is eventually spread out across the universe. When I die, the universe will cease to exist. That's the difference.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
IMO when you die, you just move on to live on another level.

And where you end up after you die will be dependent on your beliefs and state of mind at the time of your death. You might end up in a personal heaven or hell (which is nothing but your own creation) and will stay there until something about the reality you're then in doesn't make sense to you, and you start expanding your mind to a level beyond that area. Then you move on to other levels of existence (evolving more in the direction from where you first came from).

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The physical body will decay and return to dust. What about our spiritual body? It will live on in the memories of those that remember you.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Read some Robert Monroe stuff, and I'll catch you at the orgy pile!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
No orgy pile for me. I'm too old. one on one. Rember your loved ones.

dlb

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It is always good to see this topic reappear on ATS. I will take another shot at answering this as best I can, from a strictly cognitive viewpoint.

#

There are two parts to human consciousness: processing, and qualia. (Qualia are sensations that don't require processing, such as pain and pleasure.) The processing is definitely tied to the proper functioning of the brain, and is driven by time. Qualia are quite different, and defy any explanation of science so far. Here is what Wikipedia says about qualia.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is my theory. I think qualia are caused by massive reversal of entropy as time passes from the the future, to the NOW, and into the past. This sets up some sort of interference pattern (or some sort of blockage) between ourselves and the universe.

This blockage is a natural phenomenon, but since qualia are personal to an individual, there is no easy way to examine this, even using EEG's and carefully watching behavior. (How can you tell if someone is feeling happy or sad, or merely faking it?) You might be able to induce qualia in some sort of complex machine that makes order out of disorder. Perhaps a very sophisticated piece of software?

When we die, the wall which isolates our qualia from the universe -- that interference pattern -- comes down, and we re-enter the universal sense of qualia. If you are religious, you might say we enter the mind of God. If you are not religious, you have to believe that qualia are some how intrinsic properties of the universe, residing in some different dimension that we cannot directly know (due to the blockage described above.)

I think if it a bit like the air in a bubble, returning to the atmosphere. But that is a weak analogy. (I'm not the first to make that comparison, and I am constantly looking for some better example to explain what I really mean.)

#

So, in short, death ends the processing of the human brain, but also destroys the barrier between ourselves and a feeling universe. Whether the end result is pleasurable or painful, I really can't say, but I am optimistic.

So there you have it. One less thing to worry about.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Or you wake up thinking this whole life was a dream and forget about it as you make your morning coffee.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
Or you wake up thinking this whole life was a dream and forget about it as you make your morning coffee.

Maybe we are constantly killed each week, but just conveniently slip into an alternate universe where we still are alive. We leave a tragic end to our friends and our family, we aren't aware of that in our new alternate universe, where we continue to live uninterrupted.

The only way to prove this is right is to wait a century or so and see if I end up being the oldest person alive on this planet. I have a bit of a wait before I can report back on this theory. (Be patient. I'll get back to you.)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Pink Floyd put it best: "And the worms ate into his Brains". Who knows what happens at death. Could be something, could be nothing at all. No one on this planet knows for sure. Life is too short to worry bout such things.
Live life to its fullest and hope and pray they is something more to this =)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantPanda1979
Life is too short to worry bout such things.

Ah -- err -- I think that actually is the root problem, GiantPanda. Life is so short, it kind of forces you to contemplate what happens after death. For all of us, death is IMPENDING.

If we could each live about 20,000 years in perfect health, death probably wouldn't be much of an issue.

#

Actually though, as I'm writing this, I'm thinking that you might be correct. If death was really infrequent, and life was extremely long, then death might be a MUCH bigger deal than it is now. So maybe you are actually right.

Hmmm. I have to think about this....

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Buck, I'm 28 and I've just accepted death at face value. I hope there is more to it but if not....The dead know not that are dead.
Live for today people. Go fishing, read a book, go buy a girl at the bar a drink and enjoy such things that make you haappy. I reckon I am going to make my ole lady happy right now. See yall another time

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
My opinion. When you are dieing or about to, your life does flash in front of you very quickly. Then you see death coming to get you, an actual being even though it might be a mystical being traveling through the air or some other means. Then if you're good, you may see a light or tunnel and then travel there and meet up with old family members who have already passed away.

If you did something you need to make amends for, you may end up in a place in between heaven and hell called purgatory. This could last for over 1,000 years.

If you're one of the guys who believes killing people will give you lots of virgins, then you'll get to meet a demon or devil some may call him Satan or Lucifer. You'll descend into one of the different levels of hell. There you can not die and your soul can suffer as if it was on fire and get pulled at and torn at as if your physical body was on fire. Pain will be excruciating. Demons will routinely torment you. All hope of anything better will be forever lost. You're in hell for eternity. Your only hope if you think you have some will be to have your lifeforce extinguished for all of eternity.

I also believe what I heard that there are many virgins in hell. Just because you did something good in life doesn't make up for doing something evil and wrong. I believe many souls would have liked to have had more fun while on Earth if they had only known they were going to go to hell anyway.

Then I also believe one lie that Satan really likes to put over on people is that either he does not exist or that people have nothing to worry about. If you see him depicted somewhere, he likes it I believe if he seems funny as if you need not fear anything about hell or Satan. In reality, he enjoys making you suffer for eternity but he's willing to make deals and let you enjoy your time here on Earth. He is after all, in control of this realm as well. However life on Earth is the pleasant place to live.

Now for those souls in Heaven that wish to journey back to Earth, they will lose all their memories but go back to start life as a baby and do have a mission in life. That mission might be just to be a spouse to someone else or something that seems fairly simple. However to do something right, many things in this life aren't always that simple.

Just my opinions.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GiantPanda1979

There are people who know for sure. If you can learn about astral projection you can know for sure. You can visit places where people who have already died live. There are forums on the net where people post their experiences. Even where they rescue deceased people from their personal heavens or hells.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
reply to post by GiantPanda1979

There are people who know for sure. If you can learn about astral projection you can know for sure. You can visit places where people who have already died live. There are forums on the net where people post their experiences. Even where they rescue deceased people from their personal heavens or hells.

That is awesome. I mean I've heard of stuff like that, but never put 2 and 2 together.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
We seem to think we have a "soul" which lives on after we die, yet what makes us who we are is just an electrochemical chain reaction centred in the brain and central nervous system. When you turn your car's engine off, does your car's soul go to the great breaker's yard in the sky? Of course not - the car's workings have been interfered with to the point where it can no longer run (as you've turned off the ignition). Your car's engine is a chain reaction just like our body - it uses electricity from the battery and fuel to keep running. Remove either of those, and you have an inanimate object. It's the same as us. When we die, our body ceases to work, our brain quickly starts to turn to mush (we're brain dead without oxygen after about 4 minutes or so, depending on the temperature of our brain).

What we perceive as a soul is temporary in nature. When we die, the sensation of our brain dying is apparently rather pleasant, as the brain dumps out all the chemicals it has, giving us one last trip more potent than any of the euphoric drugs available to humanity. The "tunnel of light" is just our brain shutting down. The feeling of serenity is just the drugs our brain is pumping out. Nothing more, nothing less.

The brain is a wonderous organ, one of the most complex construcutions we as a species have observed in the entire universe. Saying it's just a house where our soul lives is doing it a great injustice, and makes us forget that we're here for a brief spark of time, and after that, we're nothing.

Then, after our brain stops, the bacteria we harbour in our stomachs starts to digest us from the inside, putrifying our bodies. We turn into a kind of soup-in-a-bag, which eventually bursts, nourishing the ground in which we lay. It's pretty nasty, but then we're dead, so we don't give a damn any more.

"Easy come, easy go", as they say. I'm as scared of what happens after I die as a I am about what I was doing before I was born.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Check out these two thread with interviews with NDE experts. They can explain a lot about what happens when you die.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join