It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My alien abduction.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Sounds like a case of sleep paralysis or Old Hag Syndrome.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your story, I read everyhting you wrote on the Casebook files.

You also mentioned in your post that you were Lucid Dreaming when you had another encounter.
Do you practice Lucid Dreaming? or is it something that kind of accidentally happened?
If you do practice it, have you been doing it since you were a kid?
do you meditate? Astral Project? anything like that?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
WolfofWar,

You might think that if you had not actually studied these and many other things people believe in the face of such horrifying reality.

Actually, you can say the same thing for many real phenomena. It's a blind our ontological fear makes us believe. I understand it is hard to question our comfortable fairy tale existence, but the world is much bigger and more real than common science is as yet willing to admit. Many formal sciences are moving in the actual reaserch direction and not just in the simple excuses direction.

You can only experience it to know how insufficient such convenient pedantic labels are in explaining the unexplainable.

Lots to read out there from highly credible sources. You might find this very interesting if you effort a close study.

ZG

[edit on 2/29/2008 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
You don't do any mushrooms or absinthe do you? Just asking. Have you wondered why they pick you over and over again?

first off, you dont hallucinate when you do mushrooms. not in the sense that you see things that are not there, simply colors become brighter, patterns form on wall, the sky, clouds, etc... you can't just see little green men on mushrooms unless your looking at like green bush that has a pattern and you make it look like a little green man.
Secondly, absinthe does NOT make you trip... trust me.
and Lastly, it is VERY common with alien abductions to stay with an individual throughout their entire life. Many cases start as a child, then stop and come back later in life. Kind of like when we put a tag on animal and then find it some number of years later.
Most, not all, but most abductions are reoccurring for a certain individual.
This is smart if you think about it, because if someone wanted to remain anonymous, then they would have fewer abduction accounts if they simply kept abducting the same person as opposed to a bunch of people who could later retell the story.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Seeing that I've suffered from an Old Hag Syndrome event almost identical to his story, I'm sorry to say I'm leaning towards it being onset of a mild episode of sleep paralysis.

Symptoms of sleep paralysis:

-Event occurs nearing the stages of beginning your sleep cycle or exiting your sleep cycle, it will feel as if you were jolted awake
-Paralysis of the body is typical, but not needed for sleep paralysis to occur
-Visual and/or audio hallucinations will occur, usually taking the shape of a fearful entity in the minds eyes. Back in the medieval ages its was common to have a hallucination of a hag or witch at your feet, in the 18th century it was often demons or the devil, and now due to popular culture, it's often an alien.

There are many causes of sleep paralysis, but a common and documented cause is often an exit from a lucid dream. The fact that he was having a lucid dream before hand increases the likelihood that it in fact was a sleep paralysis episode.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hey there Squiddypuff
First let me tell you I have had my own experiences, so I know what you mean when you say you dont want people taking the piss.
It blows me away that so many people have a hard time buying the fact that this is happening, I mean there are so many people telling whats going on, and its like nobody is buying it... I am starting to think they are not supposed to know.
Anyway I have some questions for you if you wouldnt mind answering them
1. do you have a skoop mark on either of your shins? feel it, is it indented
2. Do you have constant flue like symtoms ?
3. Are your ears sensitive to sound and pressure
4. Did you have any communication with them, could you describe what that was like, was ther a sense of familiarity with them it her or him
5. Have you had the nose thing?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

actually, that is totally false...you can totally hallucinate on mushrooms...trust me...i was a kid once my self

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by skept!cal
reply to post by Odessy

actually, that is totally false...you can totally hallucinate on mushrooms...trust me...i was a kid once my self

The concept of Hallucinations are actually hallucinatory. There is no such thing. Our awareness actually can manifest reality, see into other and alternate, see one reality superimposed on another and is only limited by imagination.

This is VERY new and REAL science and just beginning to be proven in research to be true.

When you try to define what a hallucination is, you cant. It's a one word excuse for the mystery of reality. It's all Maya and Illusion. So with that, what is a hallucination?

ZG

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by skept!cal

I suppose what I was trying to say is, things dont just manifest out of nowhere on shrooms, they usually form from an object already being there...
IE: clouds can take the shape of a dragon flying around the sky or woman dancing... Patterns form and objects seem to move.
But things dont just appear out of the blue, like they would with Acid or '___' where you actually see things that arnt really there.
So i suppose it all has to do with your definition of hallucination.

BUT yeah, lets not derail this thread anymore lol
Sorry.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Not buying it. Everyone who has a "Story" of some abduction never has hard evidence or picture proof, and always display poor grammar and spelling. Either they abduct lower than average intelligent people or its all hog wash.

I'm sorry but

3 months from now I am going to create a new account, claim I'm an abductee and just recycle and add in new twists to my story and watch how many people will believe me without proof and/or evidence. I'll even build my story with bad spelling and poor grammar just to fit the profile of every other so called abducted person that comes across here.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by RandomThought]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
The concept of Hallucinations are actually hallucinatory.

I don't know what your intent with this sentence was, but you should parse it and see where the hilarity occurs.

I'll reference the old circular statement, "I always tell lies".....

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

So with that, what is a hallucination?

ZG

A figment of your imagination. A false notion, belief, or impression; illusion; delusion.

You trying to say when people are high on PCP and see bugs crawling on their skin and try to scratch them so hard they scratch their skin off, that they are seeing bugs on their skin from an alternate reality?
No, they are Hallucinating.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

Seeing that I've suffered from an Old Hag Syndrome event almost identical to his story, I'm sorry to say I'm leaning towards it being onset of a mild episode of sleep paralysis.

Symptoms of sleep paralysis:

-Event occurs nearing the stages of beginning your sleep cycle or exiting your sleep cycle, it will feel as if you were jolted awake
-Paralysis of the body is typical, but not needed for sleep paralysis to occur
-Visual and/or audio hallucinations will occur, usually taking the shape of a fearful entity in the minds eyes. Back in the medieval ages its was common to have a hallucination of a hag or witch at your feet, in the 18th century it was often demons or the devil, and now due to popular culture, it's often an alien.

There are many causes of sleep paralysis, but a common and documented cause is often an exit from a lucid dream. The fact that he was having a lucid dream before hand increases the likelihood that it in fact was a sleep paralysis episode.

I truly hope this is true for you, because the implications are hard to swallow otherwise.

Yes this malady (SP) can exist like Nympholepsy and other disorders, but like Autism, only a fraction of diagnosed individuals really have the disorder. Most are experiencing something else, and in the case of SP, abductions in most cases.

Some of the best and most respected science on this and related issues are done here;
The John E Mack Institute and there are amazing things we are finding out about not just the alien experience, but awareness and understanding including the structure of reality itself. Much that has been a mystery in all subjects from aliens to sleep disorders, to particle physics is in question now.

What is being found in serious study by the most brilliant minds on the planet, is that not only other reality's probably coexist, but that these other reality's intrude into our own, and that there are forms of awareness interacting and present within our lives and in our world. We might call them ghosts, aliens, angels, demons or monsters, to name but a very few.

Mack's book "Passport to the Cosmos" is one of the best books of hundreds I have ever read on this subject. You should, for objectivities sake, read this. It is even more important than just the alien subject, but is inclusive of that also.

This is the most important subject the human species will face, and the realization will be within the next several years, so everyone should be prepared, or will have some trouble assimilating events correctly.

Our very sanity is at stake. Not to be taken lightly at all.

ZG

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Again, I'll ask do you direct your dreams?
I can sometimes do mine, if that makes you more comfortable to saying so.
Look yourself over. I have a .25 inch scar on my left arm (triangle) that was allegedly from bumping into a refridgerator. When I went to look at the 'fridge I had supposedly run into, it had all rounded edges. Early 70's.
The lumps are in a rather private area. I had mine looked at in a sonogram an they were "inconclusive". Sometimes painful if I don't "re-adjust". Guys will know what I mean.
I have no memories of any abduction. I will not undergo a regresion to see if there is one.
My stance is one of practicality.
I try to understnd what others speak of....
as for myself, I will ignore the spectacular, and get jiggy with the things I can correllate.
As the sig. staes" I want knowledge."

[edit on 2/29/2008 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomThought

So with that, what is a hallucination?

ZG

A figment of your imagination. A false notion, belief, or impression; illusion; delusion.

You trying to say when people are high on PCP and see bugs crawling on their skin and try to scratch them so hard they scratch their skin off, that they are seeing bugs on their skin from an alternate reality?
No, they are Hallucinating.

We have found that at the Quantum Field level all is illusory and that our awareness constructs out of agreement and adaptive absorption what you call reality.

We are in a Holodeck of sorts, but we help by participation to complete the program and can re-write certain aspects, or when our awareness is under the influence of non-awareness like frequencies of inharmonics from sickness or awareness controlled or lost to drug and alcohol "programs" things like fears and anxieties can project a :character" or attach to external characters, energies, beings, leftover consciousness (echoes). It's a crap shoot. People go mad from a momentary view of some such external "places".

Hallucinations, as such are, or can be, as simple as a projection or image of a thing/s or actual interactive, ...well reality. Or, what you might call reality.

Hallucination is the word we use to hide from the responsibility we are too ignorant or afraid to consider -is- our responsibility.

If you knew such would effect you to an extent you would go mad or be lost, would you toy with drugs and alcohol? It is playing with fire, without knowledge of how to use that fire.

Hallucinations by your adapted description is too limited and does not reflect what we know of reality now. It's just not common knowledge.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”

~ Albert Einstein

“Row, row, row your boats
Gently down the stream
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
Life is but a dream.”

~ round song sung to Canadian babies

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.”

~ William Shakespear Hamlet Act I Scene v

Now, would not finding this to be true make someone want to evolve their understanding and awareness and be very cautious with fire?

That's the point.

Have sweet dreams.

ZG

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

We have found that at the Quantum Field level all is illusory and that our awareness constructs out of agreement and adaptive absorption what you call reality.

That's amazing stuff.

In the real world, we have found that a sharp stick in the eye hurts, whether it's illusory or not. All of that advanced stuff is fun to ponder, but it has nothing to do with the lives people live. Jobs, kids, divorces, hemmorhoids....whatever....those things are examples of reality. You can't do anything with the concepts you're describing....they don't buy a tank of gas, won't impress the boss.

My point is, the vast majority of people don't give a hoot how our "awareness constructs".....many of us simply crave some White Castles.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

That's amazing stuff.

In the real world, we have found that a sharp stick in the eye hurts, whether it's illusory or not. All of that advanced stuff is fun to ponder, but it has nothing to do with the lives people live. Jobs, kids, divorces, hemmorhoids....whatever....those things are examples of reality. You can't do anything with the concepts you're describing....they don't buy a tank of gas, won't impress the boss.

My point is, the vast majority of people don't give a hoot how our "awareness constructs".....many of us simply crave some White Castles.

Ah! The real world. You know, when I was thrust into a true-er reality for the first time, I was horrified. Fear of everything, life, madness, complete and total fear. I had lost the illusion and comfortable ignorance of so called reality, and cursed the benefactor who kicked me through the door. I came back enough to do the work.

Oh yea, the stick in the eye? Ever seen people put big needles through their bodies without a mark after? Miraculous healings many noted doctors never can figure out? I went to a lecture at the Berkeley Brain Center, a top medical neuroscience research and surgical group. The lecture was on the results of tests with placebos. Totally blew the science out the door. They know our ability to transform reality exists. You can heal those hemorrhoids!

And WhiteCastles? Dodge the cholesterols if you can.

Don't know much about divorce except my dad had three and I know I never want to make such stupid decisions he did. Love the man greatly as I learned from his BIG mistakes. A gift to his awake sons awareness. Been married 27 years, and no end in sight.

This quiet bubble of reality will not be so comfortable forever. Change, great changes will intrude into our safe simple and illusory lives soon. All will change.

Learn to navigate with advanced awareness now. No maps will be available when the world changes later.

What we see in the skies, and in our bedrooms at night, is just the beginning.

Be awake.

ZG

Another little quote I found 4 U.

Though I came to this conclusion via a bizarre route, it is actually just common sense that ordinary conscious experience has to be a hallucination. Buddha claimed this, and it turns out something as mundane as the study of neurons has shown it to be true.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

ok so you're saying those bugs on the persons arms exist? So right now, If I have a fear of lets say cockroaches. If I do PCP I am manifesting those cockroaches into my reality?

doesn't make any sense to me, it just sounds like scientific jibber jabber.

See the difference is my reality is physical. If i hallucinate someone next to me in a conscience state, I cannot touch or feel it physically. Therefore its a hallucination, not real, imagination.

It's like me saying i can fly on PCP, i'm superman. Well let's jump off a building and test this theory of yours out, but no thanks, I would just splat on the ground no matter how much I believe it to be true.

[edit on 1-3-2008 by RandomThought]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Let's see, what's more likely?

Hallucinations are incursions of other dimensions into our own, or some people have a need to get others to believe they are in possession of privileged information?

Interdimensional beings are visiting bedrooms across the land or some fantasy prone people are telling stories?

Tough questions, for sure.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Squiddy you there?

Did you abandon the thread already!?!?

lol well, if you do get back to it, here is my question I previously posted (just so you dont forget)

Thanks for sharing your story, I read everyhting you wrote on the Casebook files.

You also mentioned in your post that you were Lucid Dreaming when you had another encounter.
Do you practice Lucid Dreaming? or is it something that kind of accidentally happened?
If you do practice it, have you been doing it since you were a kid?
do you meditate? Astral Project? anything like that?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join