It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If aliens were revealed and had a planet to immigrate to, would you go?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
There are so many variables with this question it is really hard to answer yes or no. First, I think Aliens (several different types) are here now. I believe one group made contact in 1952 and the idiots in charge made some kind of deal. I would have to see what they had to offer, where I would be going and then ask myself why they would allow me to go. Would I trust them? Like someone said earlier, what if they wanted us as slaves. Would their slavery be easier than what we have now. Health care, travel time, life expectancy, food, weather, gravity etc.. all issues.

I would rather they came here and removed the nukes, established world wide peace, stopped the rich from exploiting the poor, free energy, put all the political criminals in jail and establish a worldwide bartering system that was fair to all. If citizens of this world went to the alien planet, I'm sure it would only be about 10-15 years before everything there was ****** up.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Would I go? Possibly... doubtful. Call me paranoid but To Serve Man rings a bell. I would have to make sure I saw that people came back. (Of course they could always let a percentage go for public image and less suspicion.) I doubt I would trust them fully. I don't see any reason to trust anyone around me anyways, let alone aliens. I would definitely like to see some type of documentary on their planet (maybe like Planet Earth). And one based on their planet for us. I am sure they would be interested in various documentaries.

Exodus? Them to our planet or us to their planet? An exodus would NOT happen. Meh, as it stands the Earth could use a little population reduction anyways. But anyways, what is to say aliens even want us on their planet or that they even have a planet to go back to? Lol there is no way any would allow us to settle on their planet. Maybe some type of tour where they take you to see the sights... but that would probably be as far as it goes: A tour. Not to mention the pathogens we carry would plague their planet or vise versa.

Haha for the reverse though. Racism is bad enough as it is. Just imagine the hell that would raise. Yeah... unlikely we would allow an exodus of millions of another alien race to this planet. Of course you will get the people who are welcoming aliens as they come in. (People on the roofs of buildings in Independence Day comes to mind.
)

Anyways, not enough people will leave to put a serious impact on the economy anyhow. Most people probably couldn't even handle a change from like living in California to Alaska. Just imagine trying to uproot someone and put them in an alien environment. Oh well. Nice ideas but the most I see that would happen would be flyby's.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by ragnarak]

<< 1   >>

join