It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts designates town Most Unpatriotic Town In America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Massachusetts has designated the town of Stoughton, MA., the "Most Unpatriotic Town in America" for not paying a firefighter while he is on duty in Iraq.

To: PFFM Executive Board and Locals
Subj: "Support our Troops", Press Conference

Please pass the word for all our members to join Stoughton President Peter Denneno and the Officers and members of the Stoughton Firefighters IAFF Local 1512; together with IAFF Vice President Mike Mullane, District One PFFM Vice President John Sciara, myself and the PFFM Executive Board as we stand tall and proud to chastise the Selectman of the Town of Stoughton and designate them as "THE MOST UNPATRIOTIC TOWN IN AMERICA" for not paying brother firefighter and former President of the Stoughton Firefighters Doug Campbell while he is on active duty in a war zone. Fire Captain Doug Campbell has been deployed to Iraq as a member to the Massachusetts National Guard since January 2008.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.pffm.org...

I agree with the PFFM. The town selectmen are misers. They should pay the man while he is serving his country.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I agree with the PFFM. The town selectmen are misers. They should pay the man while he is serving his country.

I disagree. If he's not there working, why should he get paid?
The military should pay him enough to support himself and whatever family he has.

He should, however, get his job back if/when he gets back, with no loss of time in service.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

Agreed - In fact that's required by law.

I always thought being patriotic was something a little deeper than giving soldiers free money and slapping yellow ribbon magnets on your car. But htne I'm not a conservative, so shallow gesture doesn't mean much to me.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
He should at a minimum receive the differential in the two payscales and retain all his benefits. Why should his family have to undergo financial strife because he is serving his country?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
I always thought being patriotic was something a little deeper than giving soldiers free money and slapping yellow ribbon magnets on your car. But htne I'm not a conservative, so shallow gesture doesn't mean much to me.

I certainly don't see how it is "free money" - they certainly earn it. And the gestures and actions that people employ may seem shallow to you - and it has nothing to do with you not being a conservative, btw - but they mean a lot to the people that salute the flag or put a magnetic ribbon on their vehicle. It's a good thing that however they choose to show their patriotism is their business and none of yours, eh?

new topics

top topics

join