It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of vampires?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiohazardMouse
Vampires kick ass. But sadly they're not real.

LOL my friend belives in them.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
my friend claimed to be one for a while
then he grew up
he had a donor as well

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I don't believe in them, but wasen't Count Dracula a real person?

Yes, as another mentioned....Vlad Dracul, or Vlad the Impaler... He was a viscious tyrant, but one who managed to keep his land from being invaded, so he is both reviled, and revered...

He used to make it a habit of publicly eating his enemies' hearts (awash in blood of course), and thus was the basis for the fictional work of Brahm Stoker....forever immortalizing the common perception of vampires....

As for "true" vampires, there are a few common things here....

1. There is a medical condition, I believe another poster named it, in which the victim is pale, and has aversion, even an allergic reaction to sunlight....

2. Many people were buried alive, when people thought they were dead, due to inadequete medical knowledge... This fueled stories, as well as the people's misunderstanding of the process of decomposition....

3. Finally, there are those modern freaks who simply think it's "cool" to dress in Goth, and drink blood, etc. Many of which are friends of mine, hehe... But, they are more about the romance of vampirism, than the violence...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The pretensious wannabe vampires is the reason that I got out of the goth scene years ago. It is no cooler then pretending one is a fairy or elf or Martha Steward.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I don't believe in them, but wasen't Count Dracula a real person?

Yes, as another mentioned....Vlad Dracul, or Vlad the Impaler... He was a viscious tyrant, but one who managed to keep his land from being invaded, so he is both reviled, and revered...

He used to make it a habit of publicly eating his enemies' hearts (awash in blood of course), and thus was the basis for the fictional work of Brahm Stoker....forever immortalizing the common perception of vampires....

As for "true" vampires, there are a few common things here....

1. There is a medical condition, I believe another poster named it, in which the victim is pale, and has aversion, even an allergic reaction to sunlight....

2. Many people were buried alive, when people thought they were dead, due to inadequete medical knowledge... This fueled stories, as well as the people's misunderstanding of the process of decomposition....

3. Finally, there are those modern freaks who simply think it's "cool" to dress in Goth, and drink blood, etc. Many of which are friends of mine, hehe... But, they are more about the romance of vampirism, than the violence...

LOL
My friend likes goths and his name is vlad. He claimed to be a vampire for real once one summer.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
People used to drink blood ages ago, that is a fact ( they had blood, we have vitamins). Some can see it as sexual, infact blood gives you a rush because it's full of vits. and minerals, but it can also cause blood disorders ( something like Rhesus disease).

Things that Vlad Dracula did to his victims were not uncommon practises is Europe in that period, what was so different was the extent of his cruelty. Common people saw him as pure evil and evil poeplle were believed to become vampires after death.

In ancient Europe it was believed that peolpe with mental problems ( depresion, schizophrenia, etc), evil people or even twins were very likely to change into vampires after they died. To prevent it their heads were cut off, garlic was eaten and kept in houses.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Oh, in a word? Sexy.

Not so much the vampires of horror stories, Dracula and Nosferatu....but...

Starting with my introduction to Lestat in high school, then masquerade, then Spike Vampires are cool, fun, and I'd love to be one.

Anyone want to bite me?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Think of this as you will. but i am a firm believer in vampires. and i would just like to put down some reasons why I and many others believe in what we do. my name is Bella but don't think im a twilight obsessed fan im only in this because i am a vampire believer and always have been:

1) If vampires are truly as clever, intelligent and evolved as myth and legend make them out to then is it any wonder why they haven't yet been properly discovered and have been able to blend in with the scene of the normal day life of a human with out a hitch?

2) think to a few years back, when scientists said that absolutely nothing could live to a certain point in the ocean as the pressure at the bottom was so strong anything that went down there would inevitably ... die? well years later they found a whole new species! aquatic creatures that we would never of dreamed of. and that shows that people get it wrong, it shows that scientist can be wrong sometimes... dead wrong.

and yes what if vampires have tried reaching out to us? Like if a newly created vampire is lonely and wants, needs to tell someone about him/her so it can take the strain off them, but by the time they try to convince us, a fellow vampire or a coven member has told them the dangers and has convinced him/her vampire that they cant tell anyone or else? and then the lonesome vampire has simply agreed.

4) the last and most puzzling but true reason. Shouldn't we be finding ways to prove why they cant exist not ways to show they do? i mean there is more proof showing they do, from sightings and odd events and history staitments. There is no proof that they don't exist accept from the fact that there isn't any to show 100% that they do. so if anyone ever says they do not exist then ask them for the proof. I bet they cant show you any and never will. I don't know if we ever will know if they 100% do exist but look at the facts and the science of it all. we have prodigies, physics, and extraordinary people in this world which should be impossible so why not vampires?

Thanks for reading

Any questions that are sensible i am happy to answer

Bells.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join